+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Criminal Record Check

Patica

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
yasims said:
Oh man,
What happened is that i applied last Tuesday at a local police station, they didnt know if i should get my finger prints done, but i said yes.
I collected a letter today from them, but it says its not certified, thats why i am asking about the certificate number. it says the only way to get a certified one is to get your finger prints done. the guy who took my finger prints told me that another thing should come to my mail box, but it takes sometime, dont know how long though!! and not sure if it is gonna be the certified one!
You need to upload the letter you will receive by mail

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yasims said:
Oh man,
What happened is that i applied last Tuesday at a local police station, they didnt know if i should get my finger prints done, but i said yes.
I collected a letter today from them, but it says its not certified, thats why i am asking about the certificate number. it says the only way to get a certified one is to get your finger prints done. the guy who took my finger prints told me that another thing should come to my mail box, but it takes sometime, dont know how long though!! and not sure if it is gonna be the certified one!
Okay so I just called a Legal Service here in Calgary that is among the "Accredit Fingerprinting Services" for Criminal Record Checks. They said that they will get the Finger Prints taken and send the details to RCMP Ottawa. RCMP will direct it to CIC. I can upload the invoice/ details on the CIC website. (Im skeptical about this though so I will ask her in detail)

I asked them about the Police Check that I already submitted request for with Calgary Police and there were no fingerprints taken, the lady replied that most probably it will be a city based check (Not specifically directed to RCMP and for whole Canada). I have an appointment today with the Legal Service and will post the updates once I am done.

Also, I asked the Legal Service lady if this is what you call a CERTIFIED RCMP CRIMINAL RECORD check and she said YES!

Luckboy

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
22XX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2015
Doc's Request.
14-01-2016(SCHEDULE 4),25-01-2016(RCMP)
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
22-12-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2016
yasims said:
Oh man,
Oh Man,

I order the rcmp check at local police station on Jan/25, till today,i am still waiting the report...

AAC

Feb 11, 2016
Hello All,
I was asked to submit the criminal record check document and when I tried to upload it in the additional space they provided, it is asking for an issue date and an expiry date. The problem is, the certificate is issued this month and 2016 is missing in the issue year (latest showing in my pc is 2015). Is there anyone else with the same issue?

Also, what date should I put under expiry date? Six months from now?

Patica

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
AAC said:
Hello All,
I was asked to submit the criminal record check document and when I tried to upload it in the additional space they provided, it is asking for an issue date and an expiry date. The problem is, the certificate is issued this month and 2016 is missing in the issue year (latest showing in my pc is 2015). Is there anyone else with the same issue?

Also, what date should I put under expiry date? Six months from now?
Yes, many people faced the same situation. I uploaded it with a LOE explaining the situation. On the issue date, I put the last day of 2015, and In the expiry date, I put a date 6 months later it was issued. I explained it in the LOE

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
Patica said:
Yes, many people faced the same situation. I uploaded it with a LOE explaining the situation. On the issue date, I put the last day of 2015, and In the expiry date, I put a date 6 months later it was issued. I explained it in the LOE
I second that.

AAC

Feb 11, 2016
Patica said:
Thanks a lot :)

lcf007

Mar 21, 2016
a_a_d said:
Okay so I just called a Legal Service here in Calgary that is among the "Accredit Fingerprinting Services" for Criminal Record Checks. They said that they will get the Finger Prints taken and send the details to RCMP Ottawa. RCMP will direct it to CIC. I can upload the invoice/ details on the CIC website. (Im skeptical about this though so I will ask her in detail)

I asked them about the Police Check that I already submitted request for with Calgary Police and there were no fingerprints taken, the lady replied that most probably it will be a city based check (Not specifically directed to RCMP and for whole Canada). I have an appointment today with the Legal Service and will post the updates once I am done.

Also, I asked the Legal Service lady if this is what you call a CERTIFIED RCMP CRIMINAL RECORD check and she said YES!
I have the same issue, I got a RCMP Criminal Record Check Request only for me, but my wife also worked in Canada 1 year in 2014, I don't know if I just submit my Criminal Record Check or I should submit for both.
Do you get and further information about this, do you submitted your wife's Criminal Record Check?
Thanks.

moahammadi740

Aug 12, 2014
Hi,
My status it work permit and i applied for the PR in the year of 2014, CIC asked me the RCMP report last year and i provided them, i would like to know is this any chance if they required again ?

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lcf007 said:
I have the same issue, I got a RCMP Criminal Record Check Request only for me, but my wife also worked in Canada 1 year in 2014, I don't know if I just submit my Criminal Record Check or I should submit for both.
Do you get and further information about this, do you submitted your wife's Criminal Record Check?
Thanks.
No I did not. I asked a few people and they said that if they require anything related to your spouse, they will mention it exclusively in the letter. If it is just your name, then there is no need to submit a RCMP for your spouse.

Even when uploading the document, I only had the "upload file" dialog box against my documents only. There was nothing available in her documents column.

Hope this helps.