+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Criminal Record Check

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I was notified by CIC to submit my RCMP Criminal Record Check: The statement provided was as follows:

"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the
review of your application, we require the following documents:

XXXXXXXX - Ali Ahmed Dawood
RCMP Criminal Record Check: If your residence period in Canada has been six
months or longer since the age of 18, provide a certified criminal record check."

I have already applied for the required document. My only concern is if I have to submit the RCMP Criminal Record Check for my wife too?. The letter did not mention her name or spouse's document whatsoever.

Thanks.

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
a_a_d said:
Hi,

I was notified by CIC to submit my RCMP Criminal Record Check: The statement provided was as follows:

"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the

months or longer since the age of 18, provide a certified criminal record check."

I have already applied for the required document. My only concern is if I have to submit the RCMP Criminal Record Check for my wife too?. The letter did not mention her name or spouse's document whatsoever.

Thanks.
If they did not mention her name, I would just get it for yourself. When they requested our CELPIP certificates, both my husbands and my name were mentioned on the request letter.

Patica

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
a_a_d said:
Hi,

Thanks.
They requested rcmp for me and my husband, both names were mentioned.

Queries

Jul 7, 2015
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Multiple times
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
26 Oct 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
24 Feb 2016 :)
VISA ISSUED...
1-March-2016 (Passport received - 11 March 2016)
LANDED..........
12-March-2106
Thumb rule is if you have stayed more than 6 month in any country you would need police certificate (for Canada its RCMP). If you have applied for both you and your wife then no harm in submitting both. As of now its only for you ...They may/may not ask for wife... if you did not apply for your wife's rcmp then i would suggest attach yours and be ready with your wife's rcmp and once they will ask you will have it handy to attach the same ..... (just to avoid further delay)...

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Patica & @Scottygirl: Thanks. Thats what I thought as well. Its just that my wife came here on "Visit Visa" back in Feb2015 and later got her Open Work Permit. So thats why I was concerned if she might require one.

Queries said:
Thumb rule is if you have stayed more than 6 month in any country you would need police certificate (for Canada its RCMP). If you have applied for both you and your wife then no harm in submitting both. As of now its only for you ...They may/may not ask for wife... if you did not apply for your wife's rcmp then i would suggest attach yours and be ready with your wife's rcmp and once they will ask you will have it handy to attach the same ..... (just to avoid further delay)...
I know. But I have my friends here who got their PR processed without submitting anything from RCMP. They practically have the same profile in Canada as me (since we came to Canada together for studies). This is confusing. ::)

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
a_a_d said:
@Patica & @Scottygirl: Thanks. Thats what I thought as well. Its just that my wife came here on "Visit Visa" back in Feb2015 and later got her Open Work Permit. So thats why I was concerned if she might require one.

I know. But I have my friends here who got their PR processed without submitting anything from RCMP. They practically have the same profile in Canada as me (since we came to Canada together for studies). This is confusing. ::)
The RCMP clearance is actually not required for everyone as the CIC will do their checks by themselves, If they need any further clarification then they might ask the applicant to get one from RCMP.
Nothing to worry.
Good luck.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nmeka said:
The RCMP clearance is actually not required for everyone as the CIC will do their checks by themselves, If they need any further clarification then they might ask the applicant to get one from RCMP.
Nothing to worry.
Good luck.
Thanks! I guess i'll stick to submitting my RCMP Record for now and see if they require one for my wife. Its better I should wait just in case they require additional checks (finger print record etc) for her. If so, then I will have to get a new one for her anyway.

Appreciate all help! :)

yellowknifer

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
CIC normally mention name and UCI# of the persons of whom they want some documents. I had my name and my spouse mentioned in a request letter from CIC to submit SCH-A. So, in a perfect world they would mention your spouse name and UCI# if they needed hers RCMP.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yellowknifer said:
CIC normally mention name and UCI# of the persons of whom they want some documents. I had my name and my spouse mentioned in a request letter from CIC to submit SCH-A. So, in a perfect world they would mention your spouse name and UCI# if they needed hers RCMP.
Yes. Thats the major feedback from most of the members (CIC specifically mentions the person whose documents are required).

Thank you.

kjz_box

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a_a_d said:
Yes. Thats the major feedback from most of the members (CIC specifically mentions the person whose documents are required).

Thank you.

It will cost you CAD 80.00 only, which is nothing compare to the value of PR. I would say just get one for your wife too.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kjz_box said:
It will cost you CAD 80.00 only, which is nothing compare to the value of PR. I would say just get one for your wife too.
I got mine for CAD30 :/ ..

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
a_a_d said:
Thanks! I guess i'll stick to sanubmitting my RCMP Record for now and see if they require one for my wife. Its better I should wait just in case they require additional checks (finger print record etc) for her. If so, then I will have to get a new one for her anyway.

Appreciate all help! :)
Agreed to all comments. But just another point : If your wife has lived in Canada for more than 6 months, and CIC has not requested PCC, then in the interest of time, suggest obtain PCC for your spouse too. You never know - in that case - when you submit PCC they may ask for spouse PCC. Good luck

yasims

Nov 11, 2015
Dear Ali,

I am trying to upload my rcmp letter but having some issues,

Mine says: release of results of criminal record check, its not a certified one, does it have to be?
It doesnt have a 20 digit number, it has a reference number!
and no date?

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yasims said:
Dear Ali,

I am trying to upload my rcmp letter but having some issues,

Mine says: release of results of criminal record check, its not a certified one, does it have to be?
It doesnt have a 20 digit number, it has a reference number!
and no date?
I have not gotten mine yet. It will take some time. Can you tell me if you had to get your Finger Prints taken? I called RCMP today and told them I went to Calgary Police and they did not take any Finger Prints saying CIC did not mention it in the letter. They said it is the same if you come to the RCMP main office. They wont take finger prints if CIC has not asked them.

yasims

Nov 11, 2015
Oh man,
What happened is that i applied last Tuesday at a local police station, they didnt know if i should get my finger prints done, but i said yes.
I collected a letter today from them, but it says its not certified, thats why i am asking about the certificate number. it says the only way to get a certified one is to get your finger prints done. the guy who took my finger prints told me that another thing should come to my mail box, but it takes sometime, dont know how long though!! and not sure if it is gonna be the certified one!