+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Ray of hope" thread for 42nd draw

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
LokiJr01 said:
Just on the topic concerning Provincial Nomination, these programs were created to boost the economy and population of other provinces that are not as mainstream as Ontario, or British Columbia (due to opportunities).

If you apply to such provinces, there is a moral obligation to stay. Can you move despite this? Of course you can. But if you are not giving the province a chance and just move to Ontario the second you get your PR visa, you're gonna look like opportunistic and you only took advantage of the program. It will adversely affect the chance of other applicants in the future since there's a good chance provinces will tighten their requirements.

It's a give and take deal. If after a certain period, let's say a year or two, and you still could not find the right job / opportunity after so many tries, you can speak with the provincial immigration team and explain your side. At least it's an amicable exit.
Well said

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
JALT said:
This is one of the shadiest websites I've seen yet though - the guy carries on like Jason Bourne.
Nothing made me laugh as hard as this today. You are right. It is either that, or "their guy knows a guy who knows another guy that can get things done" (like in Breaking Bad).

sandyin

May 3, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any International student on this thread, please follow page IISA and join group International students immigration Issue on facebook.
Alot of international students including myself were in Brampton to meet John C. Mccullum yesterday evening and have posted a video about it.
Check it out.

solanki123

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 jan
AOR Received.
28 jan
IELTS Request
22 feb
what did he say?

sandyin

May 3, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
John C. Mccullum answered most of our concerns. I think it is better if you just watch the video of him speaking.

Lucky213

Mar 7, 2016
sandyin said:
John C. Mccullum answered most of our concerns. I think it is better if you just watch the video of him speaking.
Sandyin... I am trying to play video on my phone..but its showing error message ....can you please tell us what did he said and when the rules are going to be implemented

Thanks

sandyin

May 3, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My apologies. Minister said that He is planing to give extra point to international students, individuals who have siblings here and canadian experience. He said that they will implement the changes right after they are announced especially regarding international students. Changes will come in the fall. They won't get rid of LMIA for certain situations.

It was an open town hall where we got to share our problems and he was to some extend certain thatt the changes will happen soon and in our favour.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
sandyin said:
My apologies. Minister said that He is planing to give extra point to international students, individuals who have siblings here and canadian experience. He said that they will implement the changes right after they are announced especially regarding international students. Changes will come in the fall. They won't get rid of LMIA for certain situations.

It was an open town hall where we got to share our problems and he was to some extend certain thatt the changes will happen soon and in our favour.
Did he say anything about the CRS points for age in Express Entry - whether they are going to make any changes to them to make it easier for mature students to get residency after work permit expiry (i.e. reduce, keep, or widen the gap in points)?

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
raven00090 said:
It is either that, or "their guy knows a guy who knows another guy that can get things done" (like in Breaking Bad).
Ha ha, exactly! Friend of a friend of a friend..... the list goes on

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Only 3 more days to go. Waiting with bated breath, from India.