Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
We can propose all we want about changing the Express Entry system, but the reality is, it's just a wish list - we hope it will happen, but we can't say for sure because we're not the government. We will rely entirely on their initiative.

It's the players that need to adjust to game, not the other way around. So if you are intent on getting to Canada, consider other options (job offer, PNP, increase scores)

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brian90 said:
I have 1001 points and hoping for a ITA. I recently got a provincial nomination.
Congratulations. May I ask from which province did you get the nomination

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Some good news might come for Inland applicants:

https://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.cerc.ca/resource/resmgr/government_relations/Express_entry_national_stake.pdf

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolhyd said:
Some good news might come for Inland applicants:

https://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.cerc.ca/resource/resmgr/government_relations/Express_entry_national_stake.pdf
There's already a thread for it here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/potential-changes-in-express-entry-in-upcoming-months-released-by-ircc-t447837.0.html

chautrach

May 15, 2016
raven00090 said:
Hey Chautrach, sure you can, if you can afford to live solely as a visitor, without any work authorization. Yes, you need to apply for a restoration to visitor in case your legal permit expired, or just file for transition to visitor status anyway, still using the same form (IMM 5708) but don't select "Restoration" option at the beginning of the form. And write in a letter of explanation that you want to change status to a visitor (and stop working of course).
Thanks for your reply bro..
Just wonder how long that processing takes and what is the chance to get approved? What reasons for refusal usually see?

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Sometimes it is the funds, sometimes the intention is suspect but that's also largely for someone who is an outlander. For someone like you who is in Canada and can show the required funds, it should not be an issue.

Lucky213

Mar 7, 2016
brian90 said:
I have 1001 points and hoping for a ITA. I recently got a provincial nomination.
Congratulations bro for the PNP...if you are living in prince edward island then its a different case.......but after getting PR you have to live in prince edward for atleast 2 years and getting a job and settling down its really hard at that island as i know

Immigration pushing the people on the sides whr they have really less population and to make those places develop

chautrach

May 15, 2016
raven00090 said:
Sometimes it is the funds, sometimes the intention is suspect but that's also largely for someone who is an outlander. For someone like you who is in Canada and can show the required funds, it should not be an issue.
Bro, you know how much fund should we show on a bank statement?
And if you leave Canada, will your app still process? What if you get ITA later on, will Cic mail it at Canada address? What you will do then? Apply for visitor visa again to come back?

moadam

Jun 1, 2016
Lucky213 said:
Congratulations bro for the PNP...if you are living in prince edward island then its a different case.......but after getting PR you have to live in prince edward for atleast 2 years and getting a job and settling down its really hard at that island as i know

Immigration pushing the people on the sides whr they have really less population and to make those places develop

Where does it say the at least 2 years part? i've been thinking about moving to PEI but being forced to stay there if i'm unable to find a job will be quite demoralizing.

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
moadam said:
Where does it say the at least 2 years part? i've been thinking about moving to PEI but being forced to stay there if i'm unable to find a job will be quite demoralizing.
It's the New Brunswick pnp program that requires the applicants to sign a document to demonstrate a commitment to live in New Brunswick for two years. PEI Pnp program doesn't have the same requirement! So you don't need to worry about it!

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apparently even Ontario is mulling something on these lines :

http://www.oopnp.com/2016/08/31/oinp-cut-off-to-remain-above-450-bring-residency-law-oinp-001-internal-memo/

Lucky213

Mar 7, 2016
nagarjun rao said:
It's the New Brunswick pnp program that requires the applicants to sign a document to demonstrate a commitment to live in New Brunswick for two years. PEI Pnp program doesn't have the same requirement! So you don't need to worry about it!
Nagarjun...just tell me why they have provincial nominees program....if you get provincial nominee and after that you can live anywhere in Canada.....then what is the use provincial nominees programs....provincial nominees programs are made for specific provinces to develop those provinces...so from wherever you get PNP you have to stay in that province for at least 2 years . If you dont do that they will not renew your permanent residency card....I heard many cases like that

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
Hi lucky123,
Yeah, unfortunately, a lot of people won't live in the province that nominated them. Especially, the Express entry pnp programs are acting as gateways for a lot of people that live outside the Canada. But, due to practical problems like weather, jobs, pay scale , opportunities and family members, people tend to leave the province that nominated them. However the person has only moral obligation to reside in that province. According to the Canadian constitutional rights, after getting the permanent residency, a person can move and live in any province of his choice.
Even John Mccallum acknowledged this issue in a different scenario 2 weeks back when he was in Vancouver. Please read the link as it throws some light on the Chinese immigrants that want to settle in BC.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/business/canada-aims-to-spread-chinese-immigrants-across-country-john-mccallum-1.3033218

But, otherwise, personally speaking I agree with you as it looks correct on paper. But, practically it is challenging and understandable!

Lucky213

Mar 7, 2016
nagarjun rao said:
Hi lucky123,
Yeah, unfortunately, a lot of people won't live in the province that nominated them. Especially, the Express entry pnp programs are acting as gateways for a lot of people that live outside the Canada. But, due to practical problems like weather, jobs, pay scale , opportunities and family members, people tend to leave the province that nominated them. However the person has only moral obligation to reside in that province. According to the Canadian constitutional rights, after getting the permanent residency, a person can move and live in any province of his choice.
Even John Mccallum acknowledged this issue in a different scenario 2 weeks back when he was in Vancouver. Please read the link as it throws some light on the Chinese immigrants that want to settle in BC.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/business/canada-aims-to-spread-chinese-immigrants-across-country-john-mccallum-1.3033218

But, otherwise, personally speaking I agree with you as it looks correct on paper. But, practically it is challenging and understandable!
I hope that you are right...i heard and even you can get those type of people in these forums.....those who left the province and faced problems when they have to renew their PR card.
I hope its just a moral obligations because in my opinion its not

Cheers