+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Hey guys, just joined the forum.

Standing at 470, waiting for FSW draws to resume. Looking at the numbers doesn't look like the draw will reach to 470 in atleast 2-3 normal draws.

Any suggestions on whether I should try and improve the score by giving IELTS or wait for a 470 draw? Considering I'm a little tight on budget.
I’m also standing at 470. Ielts ending in March/21. Hopefully I’d get an ITA before that..

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
470 is a good score, you might not qualify for the next all programs draw, but you probably will in the upcoming ones as long as you aren't losing points.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
470 is a good score, you might not qualify for the next all programs draw, but you probably will in the upcoming ones as long as you aren't losing points.
Why do you say that?

Akskhu

Jun 20, 2020
Dude, have some logic in your question. Where there is a meager amount of candidates writing IELTS now and when ECA organizations' staff are working from home, as they do not have access to docs they receive at their office, how will a candidate enter the pool as before?
Getting an ECA done now is a mountain climbing task. WES, CES, IQAS, and ICES staff are all working from home and all this time, tons and tons of transcripts are piling in their reception. Even if the staff come back to work (by Sep) they will have a mighty headache to first sort all the files that they receive. Lastly, the IELTS pencil/paper mode is suspended for a long duration and that's how the majority of top scorers enter the pool.
So if all draws resume by July, those above 455 have a golden chance and score will gradually plummet as it is in case of CEC draws (from 467 to 437).
Hence be happy with your score and it is indeed a very good score.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion, just seeing the increasing number in the pool for 470+ got me worried, will sit back for now and see how things proceed once FSW resumes.

Radhemohan4

Jun 20, 2020
Hello guys
I have 476 crs, just want to ask that whether there is any use of using my disability certificate in the express entry process or desist from it ?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hey guys, just joined the forum.

Standing at 470, waiting for FSW draws to resume. Looking at the numbers doesn't look like the draw will reach to 470 in atleast 2-3 normal draws.

Any suggestions on whether I should try and improve the score by giving IELTS or wait for a 470 draw? Considering I'm a little tight on budget.
What is your current IELTS score? And which country are you from?
Hi.Any idea when will the VACs for Canada are reopening ?
I would love to know this too. If anyone sees any news about this, please share it here.

cchk331

Jun 5, 2020
What is your current IELTS score? And which country are you from?

I would love to know this too. If anyone sees any news about this, please share it here.
The vac in where I'm from never really closed, I think only vacs in certain countries were closed

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
AstraZeneca COVID-19 updates:
"If all goes well, we will have the results of the clinical trials in August/September. We are manufacturing in parallel. We will be ready to deliver from October if all goes well,"

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I'm at - 9,8.5,8,7, if I, along with my wife max out we can gain 5 points more and reach at 475.

Country - India
If you think you can max it it might be worth it. But perhaps wait to see what the minimum CRS is once FSW draws resume. It's up to you. :)

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
My friend who lives in USA said life is uncertain at the moment with H1B.He is planning to move to canada ASAP. We can expect huge influx from USA.
Imagine, dudes in US who are planning to move cannot just cross the border. IELTS in US I guess is not happening and not everyone (H1B) have stuided in the USA. So most of those dudes (mostly from India) would have to come to their home countries -> ask the univ to give transcripts (which cannot happen until September or Oct) -> Send it to WES or CES or IQAS -> All the ECA org staff are working from home and so if dudes send transcripts to the respective ECA body addresses (which itself is a lengthy task now), their physical transcripts will be piling up in the reception until staff come back to work -> the staff will then have a damn hard time to sort the couriers -> Arrange them -> start the work -> With backlogs, it might take minimum 5 months to complete the evaluation -> hand over the report.
This is my view at the moment and if things get worse, there will be further delays in just obtaining transcripts alone. |
Plus dudes have to first get past the 8777 benchmark which is another hurdle especially during this Covid timeframe.
So not to worry.
At the moment, everything is stable and "all program draws" are also set to happen by July
If you have obtained everything and settled with a score of 460 and above, you are safe. If you have started everything from scratch now, it's a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.