Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
Thank you for posting this. This is a great news article that has its roots in the questions we have had as FSWs. It makes me believe all the more that this pause on FSW draws is linked to border closures and visa office closures. As soon as we see more of those opening up (and they already are beginning to), we should have positive outcomes in terms of general draws. I just hope that Canada isn't waiting for all of them to reopen, cause waiting for the rest of the world to reopen could take ages, and doesn't seem to be a clever strategy.

On a separate note, this article is interesting: https://dailyhive.com/mapped/air-transat-resuming-operations-july.
It seems they've just decided to resume operations on a particular date, despite the government not announcing resumption of travel? Either they know something we don't, or they're trying to hint to the government that they need this. Either way, that seems very positive too.

Perhaps there really is hope for us in these next few draws.
Hey you are right :)
This clearly has an indication that the draws are very much dependent on the borders being closed or open. Also they recently eased border restriction for family reunification, which is again positive. So putting all this together, we can expect july as the month when FSW resumes, as the current restrictions are in place till june 30 (or so I've read in this thread).
But someone here mentioned that they keep postponing this date, if thats the case.. back to square one i guess.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
U.S border restrictions likely to be extended.

Everything else looks like it should get back to normal by the end of June.

Jxbber

Mar 24, 2020
U.S border restrictions likely to be extended.

Everything else looks like it should get back to normal by the end of June.
Are the restrictions only for traveling by car, train, ferry? Can Canadians still fly to the US without any problems?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020

lone_ranger

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
I don't know, I am no expert. But let's think about that from a different perspective, and I repeat no intention offending CEC colleagues. But think for a sec. You have got a fully developed system to bring people in your country i.e. immigrants in a short period of time, earliest by 6 months; the economy is down; pandemic has hit hard; the people who are already in your country (including CEC) are jobless and looking for jobs.

In all this, who is your best bet to inject some cash in the economy. My bet is FSW candidates. Because these are the guys already having funds aside to bring with them to Canada, so even in this pandemic, they are real assets which if government bring to their country can act as a catalyst in recovering the economy. This coupled with an article where IRCC is recruiting some staff to facilitate processing with an expected surge in applications might mean they might get generous on FSW applicants as well, who knows.

And this further explains the theory that CEC was a necessity of the time which was an essential instrument to keep the faith of different stakeholders in Canadian Immigration system intact rather than asking your students fraternity (which is a large part of your economy) to go back to your respective countries, we got nothing for you; I mean Australia here.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Yes, as an FSW, i've already spent a lot invigorating the economy just by landing and being here.

And of course, i will inject quite a bit once i came back permanently and settle.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
I don't know, I am no expert. But let's think about that from a different perspective, and I repeat no intention offending CEC colleagues. But think for a sec. You have got a fully developed system to bring people in your country i.e. immigrants in a short period of time, earliest by 6 months; the economy is down; pandemic has hit hard; the people who are already in your country (including CEC) are jobless and looking for jobs.

In all this, who is your best bet to inject some cash in the economy. My bet is FSW candidates. Because these are the guys already having funds aside to bring with them to Canada, so even in this pandemic, they are real assets which if government bring to their country can act as a catalyst in recovering the economy. This coupled with an article where IRCC is recruiting some staff to facilitate processing with an expected surge in applications might mean they might get generous on FSW applicants as well, who knows.

And this further explains the theory that CEC was a necessity of the time which was an essential instrument to keep the faith of different stakeholders in Canadian Immigration system intact rather than asking your students fraternity (which is a large part of your economy) to go back to your respective countries, we got nothing for you; I mean Australia here.
Even several CEC applicants started to receive COPRs and many of them received before the 6-month threshold. FSW applicants are also worried like us when none of them have been approved recently. I guess we should watch out for when FSW applicants start to receive their PR status.

Status
Not open for further replies.