+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 95th Draw

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Not necessarily. But let me give some more background.

I think there are few misgivings about this whole process.

Firstly, COPR is for each member of the application and it is not a must that dependants need to make first landing with primary applicant. They can choose to make a landing separately provided it is not done before primary applicant and it cannot be later than date stamped on the passports.

So, basically primary applicant can make a landing first and come back/not come back. Dependants can land at a later date (alone/accompanied with primary applicant) and come back.

Secondly, to maintain PR, one (primary/dependants) needs be in Canada only for 2 out of 5 years. So after their first landing, dependants have the liberty to stay for a longer period outside Canada (can stay up to 3 years if need be) while primary applicant settles down first.

Now this whole question about spouse unaccompanied, it is not a Day 1 question as mostly people assume it to be. Unless one is able to justify well the reasons, it should be carefully exercised. People doing it in the past and getting away with it is no guarantee that IRCC will always be lax about it. They are well within rights to ask for explanation if not satisfied with the response and decide accordingly. Somebody recently active in this forum itself have been asked via ADR.

End of the day it is your personal decision to make an informed decision after doing your own study on this topic.
The questions is will it be an issue later on if the immigration officer find the reason not satisfactory? I mean he can ask for ADR and even after that if he doesnt feel satisfied with the reply does it qualify as misrepresentation or any such thing?

Reactions: SumH12

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
Hi everyone, when has 2 IELTS results ever pushed up the minimum score significantly? I've checked the dates for this year and the only time there was multiple ielts results for one draw was when there were 3-week gaps. Also last year, the only time there was 2 ielts results for one draw was between August 9 and August 23 draw, and then the change was only 1 point (433 to 434) so why is everyone so sure there's going to be a significant change? Even when there's no ielts result, there's no change.
I never said it would go up drastically, I only said chances of touching 440 from 442 are less because the supply of new entries or upgradation of old ones will be on a rise. Plus , it is undesirable but true that they can also skip a draw if they find it is dipping below 440 , if we consider the 440 + theory , some members have been discussing here. So scores gonna remain the same or go up by a couple of points.

Reactions: NOMAD2017

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
All suggestions are welcome :)

Thing is new born baby is keeping her super busy, so she cant think of appearing for now. Also, as @nt13 said it would be difficult to land with a baby, so would be better to get them once job, accommodation and other things are settled. So thinking on those lines.
I remembered after writing my comment that you have a small baby and it may be quite difficult for your wife to take IELTS right now! This is a real problem, maybe you can take a chance and see if you can achieve the CLB10 overall so that your CRS becomes 443 :)
On your second point, I think there definitely would be solution for them to land a few months later as other posters have pointed out. Btw, it will take at least 6-8 months to get your passport stamped from the time you get ITA, so keep in mind that as well :)

Reactions: Mayur_M

nc100

Apr 29, 2017
Hi all,

I just noticed that my employment reference letter is not dated and my employer is not ready to give me a new one! Could this be a problem??
Thanks

Canada_cube

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Yes. Birthday first week. So working from now on retaking the IELST to max it. 6 more points to reach 444.
I had a similar dilemma last year. Ended up registering for 3-4 back to back IELTS to max my score. Luckily didn't need it as CRS cutoff scores dipped. But the approach of more tests to achieve max score is worth a try. Its a no brainer despite the expense if it works out.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi everyone, when has 2 IELTS results ever pushed up the minimum score significantly? I've checked the dates for this year and the only time there was multiple ielts results for one draw was when there were 3-week gaps. Also last year, the only time there was 2 ielts results for one draw was between August 9 and August 23 draw, and then the change was only 1 point (433 to 434) so why is everyone so sure there's going to be a significant change? Even when there's no ielts result, there's no change.

lol, dude you should know one thing by now for sure and that is there is nothing that has been happening this year that had a similar trend as of last year. we cannot compare both. anyway lets wait for the next draw to see what happens but without any doubt the cutoff will be over 445, lets hope it wont be anything near 450 at least.

Reactions: Mayur_M

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Actually it might happen, that some changes will put additional conditions.
Why do I think so.

1. When it comes to economic immigrants, most of them are now using Express entry (when you do not talk about Quebec). And the way things are going, more and more PNP programs are being aligned with Express entry.

2. Canada has currently yearly targets for all types of immigrations. That includes refugees and spousal sponsorship (and children as well). In some cases like EE, live in caregivers or parents and grand parents sponsorship, they can properly manage the demand simply by setting up rules and caps.

3. However in spousal and children sponsorship this is not possible. But now they are between the stone and the hard rock. On one side they have the maximum quota and they are supposed to keep it. On the other side they cannot really forbid the Canadian PR and citizens to marry somebody from abroad (they could do it but that would make it a plain dictatorship). And on the top of that they have the target that most of the cases will be decided within certain period of time.

4. Now imagine, that they will observe surging trend of non-accompanying spouses that would change their mind right after the main applicant would get his or her PR. That is something they did not put that much into consideration when calculation just how many people would want to sponsor somebody.
So such trend would mean that they would not be able to keep the quota, leave the rules as they are and to everything within requested period of time.

So it might be that in the future, they will either limit spousal sponsorship for non accompanying (for example for first 3-5 years).

Another option would be to exclude the non accompanying option all together except for those legally separated and introduce Quebec system (where there is no such thing marrying fast after your AOR and keeping your points intact).

Because lets be honest, both of these are loopholes and many people are using them because of it.

All this depends on how visible the abuse of these loopholes will be and how the new government after 2019 will look like.

good luck
the worst part is unlike US, where the new government usually changed rules after taking a little time after coming to the power, we have seen a very tragic scenario in Ontario where the premier wiped out an entire ministry of immigration within 1 week of coming to the power. So, if we see the conservatives coming to the Federal power next year and change the entire EE rules, spousal sponsorship criteria too within one month of the election, i guess we should not be surprised. Conservatives most probably will change the immigration rules first and foremost before taking any more actions.

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Hi All,

On the subject of Choosing Spouse "Accompanying" or "Not Accompanying", I see a lot of posts after what I posted. Read them, and writing some of my views here:

1. The Objective of this Question by CIC: Like I said before, CIC would want to know your situation while making the application, as any change in personal situation - like marriage underway, divorce underway, child birth expected and so on - could lead to an impact on (i) Applicants CRS (ii) CIC's understanding of your background (each application can have more than 1 PR landed) for their landing targets to do. - I personally do not see any further reason beyond this, if anyone has anymore thoughts - please share with facts or logic.

2. The Choice of answering this Question for your application:
Again, seeing through the above objectives, it will vary from person to person.

3. The Choice of "Not Accompanying" despite being married: Yes, you can do it at the time of creating Express Entry profile, and you need to make an informed choice. One cannot change the choice after receiving ITA (just because nomination got me a 600 points bonus, doesn't mean I can change to Spouse accompanying - this is misrepresentation of facts.).

4. What happens at the Application processing stage if I choose "Not Accompanying" despite being married: Nothing. So long as you are true in the information you have provided - no questions asked. If an ADR raised for the choice you have made as to why you are not taking your spouse along even though you are married (I don't see how that matters to CIC or the Canadian Govt. et all) - multiple factual reasons affect people's choice - just one case in point as that of @Mayur_M - I have a baby who's just too young to take along. I choose to go first and see if it works for me, and only then I choose to decide the course for the rest of my family. This is purely individual, no government or process can have a say at this. Immigration has life altering effects, so choices can vary. Caution: No misreading is advised here, choices have to be made on facts / true life situations and just not on the grounds of increasing the score. I repeat what I said earlier - Family comes first when you make such choices. Skies won't fall if you achieve your Canadian dreams or not - but families get affected by decisions you make. To each, his own.

5. People using this loophole to get scores up:
I do not see this as a loophole as the underlining assumption is you are expected to tell the truth, if you are misrepresenting anything - you end up on the wrong side - Period. Also, the CRS design is such that the choice doesn't take the scores up for everyone - not at least in my case. Again, a lot of thought and scenarios have gone into work before making the EE system and such factors have already been accounted for - there is a section of people (although very small) - who after getting PR either don't land or return back in sometime - at every stage from EE>ITA>PR>Citizenship - there is a churn as people exercise choice.

6. What happens to my Spouse or Kid after I become a PR: I have already explained earlier - Spousal sponsorship / EE - both can be possible depending on factors. Length of process & cost will vary.

7. Govt. of Canada Changing and so the rules of Immigration: Yes anything can change in future, but who isn't aware of it. It's always their country and their discretion. - however, every change will be progressive or going forward and not retrospective. Also, on the idea of delaying spousal application by 3 to 5 years for people who declared Spouse "Not Accompanying" - doesn't make sense. You can't have separate rules for people within the same country just because I made a choice at a point in time depending on my real life situation at that point in time. If push comes to shove - everyone can and will decide what suits best to them. Nothing in the future can be guaranteed today - neither in Canada nor anywhere else in the world. So, I will cross the bridge when it comes.

None of my posts have ever advocated anything about circumvention or misuse of some loopholes (if any), read them properly if not till now. I have always reiterated on being true to your declarations - and that can vary on your real life situations. This is the last I am writing on this. Thank you!

PS: No personal jabs intended (as some see here), we are mature people coming here for help / clarification / support and so on. No intent to hurt or defy anyone's views, just do it backed by logic or facts. Do not take this post as a personal challenge.

Disclaimer: I ain't no master on the Immigration laws, just sharing the best understanding I have. Readers are advised to take expert / legal opinions before making decisions.

Msmsms

Apr 13, 2018
Hi All,
Need a support! I have submitted my EE application, planed that my spouse will not accompany me. But now I have a change in plan and would like my spouse to accompany me to Canada.I have not received ITA or Provincial Nomination. I reached various forums and support centers. Everyone said it is possible and tried to guide but I was not successful in changing the application. I went to EE profile personal details, I could only find my name. Family section only shows number of dependents and how much money I would bring to Canada. I am sure I am missing a key link.
Quick help is appreciated.
Thanks!

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Hi All,
Need a support! I have submitted my EE application, planed that my spouse will not accompany me. But now I have a change in plan and would like my spouse to accompany me to Canada.I have not received ITA or Provincial Nomination. I reached various forums and support centers. Everyone said it is possible and tried to guide but I was not successful in changing the application. I went to EE profile personal details, I could only find my name. Family section only shows number of dependents and how much money I would bring to Canada. I am sure I am missing a key link.
Thanks!
If nothing works, and you aren’t into any advanced stage other than just profile creation, you can withdraw current profile and create new profile with the new choice - spouse accompanying.

Reactions: SumH12

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
Hi All,
Thanks!
I believe ur points are not below 440.

AlfredoInans

Jul 13, 2018
lol, dude you should know one thing by now for sure and that is there is nothing that has been happening this year that had a similar trend as of last year. we cannot compare both. anyway lets wait for the next draw to see what happens but without any doubt the cutoff will be over 445, lets hope it wont be anything near 450 at least.
Lol so basically there's no reason for the assumption? Cool.