+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 91st Draw

jessoabr

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Sorry for the typos guys. I am working and typing with my phone ;). It was Celpip* and grant*
Same situation here! I’m in early 20s and tried ielts thrice! Never had any luck on passing 6.5 on writing. Canadian work exp is great but ielts is everything

RayZh

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Same situation here! I’m in early 20s and tried ielts thrice! Never had any luck on passing 6.5 on writing. Canadian work exp is great but ielts is everything
I know, right? Are you currently in Canada? What is your score?

at4446

Sep 24, 2016
ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
I know, right? Are you currently in Canada? What is your score?
I am in canada as well score is 440! been here for 4 years now and have to compete with people who are coming from out of caada i feel it is kinda unfair

frew

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
I am in canada as well score is 440! been here for 4 years now and have to compete with people who are coming from out of caada i feel it is kinda unfair
Yeah its unfair for those coming out of Canada as you are there and had a lot of prior knowledge about the working and living condition there. I think all the people competing with you should be given some extra points for making it this far and being able to compete with someone like you and win some jobs... i think that would be fair. Don't you think so?

Reactions: Polarbear1

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
I do agree with you, Canada should let people who study/work/live here a higher chance than someone who never been here

at4446

Sep 24, 2016
ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
Yeah its unfair for those coming out of Canada as you are there and had a lot of prior knowledge about the working and living condition there. I think all the people competing with you should be given some extra points for making it this far and being able to compete with someone like you and win some jobs... I think that would be fair. Don't you think so?
they are competing with me because they have 10 years of experience but I am competing with them with 1.5 year of experience at age of 25! so who is more valuable for a country? who is 25 and lots of energy to work or who is like 35 and has passed the shining period?
the whole purpose of express entry is to get the people who are valuable to Canadian society....so I ask you now! who is more valuable?someone who has been living here and graduated from here and working in here or someone who has no idea how things work in here? this system does not care about individual it cares about interest of the country!

Arod

May 15, 2017
they are competing with me because they have 10 years of experience but I am competing with them with 1.5 year of experience at age of 25! so who is more valuable for a country? who is 25 and lots of energy to work or who is like 35 and has passed the shining period?
the whole purpose of express entry is to get the people who are valuable to Canadian society....so I ask you now! who is more valuable?someone who has been living here and graduated from here and working in here or someone who has no idea how things work in here? this system does not care about individual it cares about interest of the country!
Definitely the 35-year-old guy if you ask me. As an employer I would look for experienced people rather than spoiled kids.

Young people already get more points that older guys simply because of their age. Isn't that enough privilege for you?

Regarding "passing the shining period", take a look at this video

SumH12

Apr 11, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
26-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Done....
12-12-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
I think that both type of profiles are valuable to Canada but in different ways.

Canada is looking for all people that can still work for many more years to come... that said, someone in his/her 30s and even someone in his/her early 40s has still many more active years in the working market. That is why the Express Entry give points for age until 45 years.

Let´s keep our positives vibes. ;) We all have chances.

Last edited:

at4446

Sep 24, 2016
ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
Definitely the 35-year-old guy if you ask me. As an employer I would look for experienced people rather than spoiled kids.

Young people already get more points that older guys simply because of their age. Isn't that enough privilege for you?

Regarding "passing the shining period", take a look at this video

over here we are not talking about spoiled KIDS. we are talking about young people who have came here as an IMMIGRANT as well...being an immigrant means being broke.. no family support.. working 2-3 part time jobs while being at school full-time...not being able to see your family for years because it is too far and too expensive. if it means being spoiled then let it be I am spoiled!

syntaxrage

May 21, 2018
I strongly agree with you. Companies would rather take a 35yr old and up that have gathered years of experienced and still going through shining period. That kid already got high points for his age. Just being spoil

Reactions: Polarbear1

abnzyr18

Apr 11, 2018
over here we are not talking about spoiled KIDS. we are talking about young people who have came here as an IMMIGRANT as well...being an immigrant means being broke.. no family support.. working 2-3 part time jobs while being at school full-time...not being able to see your family for years because it is too far and too expensive. if it means being spoiled then let it be I am spoiled!
Oh guys stop it. ...this thread was made for encouragement and not for putting someone down. If you guys wanna debate and fight, connect on social media and carry on.