+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 89th Draw

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
My OINP was in submitted stage for more than 2 months. After positive EOR in my Dec 2 IELTS test, I withdrew my OINP application and got the refund in about 2 weeks I believe. I don't know how OINP is working at the moment, but thankfully for me, they worked at tortoise pace or let's say didn't work in my application at all; most probably cos they are mostly interested in ICT NOCs.
I'm hoping draws come down to my CRS score,so that I withdraw in no time.

GlobalQuest

Dec 28, 2017
Hi All,
I have been following ray of hope threads from quite some time.

This is my first post.

I am stuck at 432 since dec'17.

I have following questions :

1.What are chances of score coming down to 432 in following months?

2.I achieved CLB9 last time, if i attempt IELTS again and score CLB10, my score would jump to 441.So are there chances of score again going above 441 ?

3.Experts please provide tips to achieve 7.5 in speaking and writing.
I can only answer point 3.
For speaking and writing, you can try the following:

Speaking:
1. Practice speaking daily, and specifically practice speaking in the format of the exam. That is, imagine yourself as the examiner asking questions and try to answer questions as if you are attempting the exam. Time yourself as per the sections. Record your conversation on your mobile and self evaluate. If you have any proficient English speaker (friends/family/professor) ask them feedback.
http://ieltsliz.com/ielts-speaking-free-lessons-essential-tips/
2. This site is a very good resource for general advice for IELTS, but also specifically for IELTS speaking topics, tips etc
3. Practice speaking using topics from the above link.
4. Although there are numerous free resources online, this paid course helped me a lot.
https://www.udemy.com/mastering-ielts-speaking-the-express-course/
5. Refer to highly rated YouTube videos for tips etc. There are some very good videos with simulated speaking exams with band scores.

Writing:
1. Everyday(almost) I would spare an hour for writing. I would write a letter and an essay in the exam format with a timer.
2. If possible, self check above for grammatical, spelling accuracy. If you have any professor, etc who is willing to evaluate for you even better.
3. The book IELTS 11 General training with answers has 4 exam papers, from where you can pick up topics for writing. They also have actual answers written by students in the IELTS exam and evaluated by examiners along with band scores and reasons why the particular band score was awarded.
4. The following course helped me a lot with writing. It explains in depth how to structure your letters/essays and what points need to be covered.
https://www.udemy.com/score-high-ielts-writing-general-training-module/
5. Again, tips and tricks, sample essay questions can be found on this site: http://ieltsliz.com/

Practice, practice, practice.. that's the most important thing. Good Luck!!!!

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
I need to get ECA done for two degree's Masters and Bachelors, Document for master are received by WES, but Bachelor's is till stuck up with University here in India. I wanted to ask if i can get/request a report from ECA with Masters record only or they will wait for bachelor's degree docs to give me final report.

FYI: I am at 439 and looking for 10 more points to ensure ITA.
No u can request that. You will have to wait til they finish their evaluation

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
Hi All,

This is my first post.

2.I achieved CLB9 last time, if i attempt IELTS again and score CLB10, my score would jump to 441.So are there chances of score again going above 441 ?

Well the scores most likely will reach 441 faster than 432 so try it again . I'm at 438 and doing it again to achieve 441. Fingers crosses

Reactions: Avengers

Rob13

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Well the scores most likely will reach 441 faster than 432 so try it again . I'm at 438 and doing it again to achieve 441. Fingers crosses
I personally would advise you against it. You needn't waste time and money on ielts to increase from 438 to 441. First of all it's only 3 points increase and next cut off will likely be less than 441, which means it will possibly go below 438 by June end.

charanbir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2013
India
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
31-07-2013
Med's Request
pre medicals
Med's Done....
17-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Reactions: at4446

Rob13

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Hi All,

This is my first post.

Hi. So if you can increase your CRS by 9 points, its better to write ielts rather than wait for score to reach 432. CRS may go down to 430, but we cannot really predict when. So if you have time, you can wait till July and see how it goes and then you can give your ielts, or just start preparing and give it.

Tips.

Writing is scored on your grammar and sentence formation. You need to use compound and complex sentences with coherence. So read a lot of articles. practice by rewriting the articles in your words. See how well you can achieve reflecting the original idea, with YOUR English. This is the best strategy. Follow ielts with Liz in youtube. She teaches amazing skills. Youtube teaches better than anyone in ielts.
Remember - there is no point in writing even ten essays everyday, if you don't know how your essays are marked and what is expected in your answer. You will only be repeating you mistakes ten times a day.

Speaking is all about confidence. Just practice with someone who is brilliant in English. Keep talking. Maybe watch a lot of conversation based English movies and get their sentence formation, pronunciation and new words. Practice everyday with different topics. I wouldn't suggest YouTube here, as most of the videos have candidates with bad English but scored high.

Now I follow a strategy for both. It's all about how much time you give yourself to think and understand the questions. So for speaking reach the venue very early OR a bit late - this way you get time to settle down in that environment. Build your confidence and prepare all the topics in your head before sitting for the test.
For writing I tried this and it worked - Just after looking at the writing questions, take a toilet break. In toilet think the ideas and the sentences you will be writing for both questions. taking that five mins break will help you write smoothly without the need to scratch off or rewrite. This small break will also clear your head off from listening and reading tests.

Cheers and all the best!

Teja2000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Hi Friends,

Query: I got the Ontario PNP invitation and mentioned the below text in that invitation. I have gone to ontario PNP portal and application has submitted online as well. My question is do we need to contact Ontario PNP though phone to tell our interest as well?

========================================Text message from Ontario PNP invitation ====================================
If you want Ontario to consider you for nomination under its PNP you must contact Ontario directly after receiving this letter. Note that this letter of interest is not a guarantee that you will be nominated by Ontario. You will first have to satisfy Ontario that you meet the requirements of their program.

=============================================================================================================

Reactions: Sandeep198511

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
I personally would advise you against it. You needn't waste time and money on ielts to increase from 438 to 441. First of all it's only 3 points increase and next cut off will likely be less than 441, which means it will possibly go below 438 by June end.
Ops I mean 443 but I understand what ur saying. Just that I had already paid for the exam. Also I find the scores are so unpredictable. I just want to know I tried my best as it will decrease in Nov

Reactions: Rob13

Sandeep198511

Apr 21, 2017
Hi Friends,

Query: I got the Ontario PNP invitation and mentioned the below text in that invitation. I have gone to ontario PNP portal and application has submitted online as well. My question is do we need to contact Ontario PNP though phone to tell our interest as well?

========================================Text message from Ontario PNP invitation ====================================
If you want Ontario to consider you for nomination under its PNP you must contact Ontario directly after receiving this letter. Note that this letter of interest is not a guarantee that you will be nominated by Ontario. You will first have to satisfy Ontario that you meet the requirements of their program.

=============================================================================================================
When did you receive NOI ? You don't have to call them...

Yogeshms1985

Nov 23, 2017
Guys,
I have question on PCC.

I have received pcc on nov 2017 from high commission of india , ottawa. After nov 2017 i have not visited india. Now its about complete 6 months. By the time i am ready with docs it will cross 6 months. Will this PCC is still valid? Did anyone uploaded the pcc which is issued more than 6 months?

One more issue is my pcc doesnot have a seal on it. I think they missed it.

Appreciate your answers.

Thanks in advance.