+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 89th Draw

balaprasad123

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Hello all.I am @440 and hope will get ITA soon.I am applying under CEC.I am not showing any proof of fund as it's not required for CEC as per cic site.

So my question is Do I need to explain in LOE like I am applying under CEC so proof of fund not required or VO are aware of all these things?

Hcanada11

Nov 15, 2017
LOT OF APPLICANTS GOT NOMINATION ON 3RD MAY 2018, SO CRS WILL BE HIGHER THAN 440 for sure

• PRINT
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP): Monthly Nomination and Processing Times Reports
Nomination Report
Total Number of Nominations as of (Date):
Number of Nominations Issued Number of Nominations Remaining (out of 6,600)
May 3, 2018 2,601 3,999

noname7

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Hi guys, I have a PR from Germany. Will Canada reject someone's EE application because of already holding PR in another country? Thanks for your help.
You current immigration status in any country will not affect your chances of immigration into Canada. The merit based system doesn't factor your country of birth or country of citizenship or anything else except the merit (skills).

Reactions: Aarti123 and moosas

noname7

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
LOT OF APPLICANTS GOT NOMINATION ON 3RD MAY 2018, SO CRS WILL BE HIGHER THAN 440 for sure

• PRINT
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP): Monthly Nomination and Processing Times Reports
Nomination Report
Total Number of Nominations as of (Date):
Number of Nominations Issued Number of Nominations Remaining (out of 6,600)
May 3, 2018 2,601 3,999
That does not mean all 2601 nominations (and additional 600 points to each) have been issued on May 3rd. It is for the year up to May 3 (from Jan 1st), so, several people already have received ITAs.

noname7

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Hello all.I am @440 and hope will get ITA soon.I am applying under CEC.I am not showing any proof of fund as it's not required for CEC as per cic site.

So my question is Do I need to explain in LOE like I am applying under CEC so proof of fund not required or VO are aware of all these things?
Why are you worrying about something that is not applicable to you? The IRCC website is very clear on the requirements for application after accepting ITA, so, just make sure you have a complete package based on that. Also, your EE profile will state the class (FSW, CEC etc.) which automatically gets transmitted to IRCC.

Hcanada11

Nov 15, 2017
That does not mean all 2601 nominations (and additional 600 points to each) have been issued on May 3rd. It is for the year up to May 3 (from Jan 1st), so, several people already have received ITAs.
Before May 3rd, Number of nominations issued were 1856 and now it is 2601 , so almost 745 candidates got nominations, consequently CRS will be higher than 440 as per my calculations

gitmlife

Apr 19, 2015
Dubai
then you'll need all five PCCs as others have mentioned. Worst case, proof that you have tried to get a PCC for certain countries and the task has been undoable. Fact is you need to be patient is all (tough I know).

PCC is a touchy subject for IRCC and it's a document where they will reject your application immediately if they deem your explanation/efforts/the document itself to be suspicious or have incorrect information; you won't even get a chance to explain yourself unless in the rare event, they think they want an explanation.
Hi Zagcollins,

So I was trying to apply for a PCC from Sri Lanka, and the consulate in Dubai told me on my face that I can submit the application and they will send it to Sri Lanka but no non-national has got a PCC till now.

Then I came back to the CIC website to read the procedure again. I saw that it mentions that if I am a non-national who does not have a legal status then PCC is not required. I am assuming by legal status it means - a working resident, a work permit or something of that sort. As of now, my work permit has expired and its been 3 years since i left the country. I think I don't require PCC from SL anymore.

Can anyone of you please go through below CIC guidelines and confirm if my conclusion is correct. here's what CIC website says :

If you live in Sri Lanka:
You should apply in person to the main police headquarters in Colombo (see Special notes and considerations for complete address). In the section of the application form dealing with the period covered by the police clearance, you should request “other” and specify “since birth.”

Police certificates are available to non-nationals who have legal status in the country.

If you do not have legal status, you are not required to provide a Sri Lankan police certificate. If you are asked for a Sri Lankan police certificate, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Sri Lanka because certificates are only available to people who have legal status.”

If you live outside of Sri Lanka:
You can apply at your nearest Sri Lankan Embassy/Consulate or you can mail your application and applicable fees by registered mail to:

Inspector General of Police
Police Headquarters, Colombo 1, Sri Lanka

If you live in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, you can apply at:
Consulate of Sri Lanka
9-D Nawab Habibullah Avenue
Anderson Road
Chennai 600 006

Police certificates are available to non-nationals who have legal status in the country.

If you do not have legal status, you are not required to provide a Sri Lankan police certificate. If you are asked for a Sri Lankan police certificate, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Sri Lanka because certificates are only available to people who have legal status.”

UNQUOTE

solid daddy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Lahore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-06-2018
IELTS Request
L8 R9 W7.5 S7
When I

When I filled my post ITA forms, there was a special form for govt employees/member of armed forces. Sorry I don't remember it now. You are FG employee but what is your job title by the way? I will see if I can find its Canadian counterpart, once you tell me your job title.
Thanks for the prompt reply. I am in civil services. My job title is customs appraiser.

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
Can't wait for the next draw. I hope they do it tomorrow.

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
Hi Zagcollins,

So I was trying to apply for a PCC from Sri Lanka, and the consulate in Dubai told me on my face that I can submit the application and they will send it to Sri Lanka but no non-national has got a PCC till now.

Then I came back to the CIC website to read the procedure again. I saw that it mentions that if I am a non-national who does not have a legal status then PCC is not required. I am assuming by legal status it means - a working resident, a work permit or something of that sort. As of now, my work permit has expired and its been 3 years since i left the country. I think I don't require PCC from SL anymore.

Can anyone of you please go through below CIC guidelines and confirm if my conclusion is correct. here's what CIC website says :

If you live in Sri Lanka:
You should apply in person to the main police headquarters in Colombo (see Special notes and considerations for complete address). In the section of the application form dealing with the period covered by the police clearance, you should request “other” and specify “since birth.”

If you live outside of Sri Lanka:
You can apply at your nearest Sri Lankan Embassy/Consulate or you can mail your application and applicable fees by registered mail to:

Inspector General of Police
Police Headquarters, Colombo 1, Sri Lanka

If you live in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, you can apply at:
Consulate of Sri Lanka
9-D Nawab Habibullah Avenue
Anderson Road
Chennai 600 006

UNQUOTE
Yes I think you are right, but again, do upload whatever proof you have, that you really made an effort to apply for this PCC.

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
It will be more than 441 as 745 candidates got nominations on May 3rd
Thanks for the bad news for low scorers, lol. By the way, does anyone know if Ontario re-sends the letter of interest (LOI) to the same account with a new profile? I mean, I let one go, coz I had got ITA within 2 days of receiving LOI from Ontario. But then my ITA also expired, and I made a new EE profile using the same CIC account. Now I am just unable to find a person who went through a similar situation and received another LOI from a province after not responding to the first one and creating a new EE profile.

Reactions: Aarti123

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
Thanks for explaining..Again can't wait for the next draw, lol.

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
Folks don't get get disheartened IRCC has be on 3500 consistently either or frequent draw on 3-4 occasions to meet this year target ..they won't be able to hold it 440+ for so long...they will go on shopping spree sooner or later ..

so just be ready ...however if May has two draws then it will be 2 per month from now on( post IELTS Result on case 5 Wednesday in a month)...but not less than 3500 ...cheers
God bless you dear Avengers, you made my night. :p

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
I gave up......sometimes rather than pushing against the winds it's best I adjust my sails. I really wanted to have an application in by latest June this year but at 413 it's not looking very promising so I'm not even gonna emwaste anymore time, money and effort.......if it happens sobeit!
Try again, may be after masters, or more job experience, or a better ielts score? All the best bro..