Star Member
Aug 9, 2016
Mexico City
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Fellow members,

Does anyone know whether Masters after completion of Bachelor's counts as two certificates or diplomas under express entry rules? It makes little sense to me that one with bachelor degree and postgrad or grad certificate would be counted as two degrees and diplomas whilst one with bachelor's and masters only as a Master when calculating points under EE system. However, it looks like that is the case with EE.

Thanks
Masters gets you 135 points (or 126 if married), while 2 or more certificates gets you 128 (119 if married). The points given are for the highest degree achieved, not the sum of all degrees.

Last edited:

Ovcar

Mar 16, 2018
NOC Code......
Masters gets you 135 points (or 126 if married), while 2 or more certificates gets you 128 (119 if married). The points given are for the highest degree achieved, not the sum of all degrees.
I am perfectly aware of that fact. But, there is education section in transferability where one can get additional points with good IELTS score and two degrees and diplomas.

As most of us here, I am almost out of options having max points on English, Bachelor's degree an max points on work exp. I am 32 and not getting

CRS – C. Skill transferability factors (Maximum 100 points for this section)
Education
With good official language proficiency (Canadian Language Benchmark Level [CLB] 7 or higher) and a post-secondary degree Points for CLB 7 or more on all first official language abilities, with one or more under CLB 9
(Maximum 25 points)
Points for CLB 9 or more on all four first official language abilities
(Maximum 50 points)

Gurpreetgp09

Jan 21, 2018
That should work. Oinp will go by what ur documents state. Doesn't matter what u have done.
Thanks!
One more question.
Suppose I go through with this in OINP.
Can I update my NOC to the one which was my earlier job profile?
In that case If I will get an ITA, i will withdraw my PNP request from Ontario.

Fishal2017

Jun 3, 2017
I am having OINP NOI which I received on Feb 23rd @ CRS 438. I recently improved my score to 442. Should I wait for direct ITA or go with OINP. very confused...any comment/suggestion will be helpful.. I will be an year older in July.
There is a saying “ a bird in hand is better than 2 in bush” so basically it’s your call.
People are ready to do anything to get PNP nomination and craving for PR.
You have a chance in hand. Use it wisely and productively.
Don’t believe in hearsay and people opinion. It’s your life and your family who will be with you in this journey. No one else.
God bless us all.

Fishal2017

Jun 3, 2017
Guys please help me I can't decide if I should recreate profile for OINP. Submitted my profile on 25th December 2017 with 441. I want to recreate my profile but scared that Ontario sends NOI to selected NOC holders and I might end up losing both direct ITA and OINP. What should I do?
Also I have CLB 9 and 3 years job experience. Is there anything other than French to boost my score?
Profile can be created in a day. If you create it today , you will be eligible for upcoming draw on Wednesday, if it’s there.
You increase your chance of getting PNP by creating a new profile as Ontario is giving out nominations to profiles created after Jan.
Your call. Your score as such is good enough to get ITA.
Instead of learning French try getting CLB 10, that’s easier than learning a new language from scratch , it’s not an easy task to learn a new language and get high score in it.
God bless us all.

BEA78

Star Member
Aug 9, 2016
Mexico City
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I am perfectly aware of that fact. But, there is education section in transferability where one can get additional points with good IELTS score and two degrees and diplomas.

As most of us here, I am almost out of options having max points on English, Bachelor's degree an max points on work exp. I am 32 and not getting

CRS – C. Skill transferability factors (Maximum 100 points for this section)
Education
With good official language proficiency (Canadian Language Benchmark Level [CLB] 7 or higher) and a post-secondary degree Points for CLB 7 or more on all first official language abilities, with one or more under CLB 9
(Maximum 25 points)
Points for CLB 9 or more on all four first official language abilities
(Maximum 50 points)
Oh I thought you meant the core points. In skill transferability of course they count masters and bachelor as 2 certificates. You get the maximum points depending on your CLB (50 if you have a masters and CLB 9 or more). So yeah in that area masters gets you the same as bachelors and a certificate.

benzboksas

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Hi benzboksas,

Many thanks for useful information. Could you please clarify if you had known another romance language (such as Italian and Spanish)? because, as you know, in that case learning process becomes much easier and faster. Unfortunately, I know nothing about French (even a word).

I'd also be grateful if you share your learning method with me?

Thank you.
Unfortunately I don't know another romance language but nevertheless knowing English also gives a considerable boost. I assume that if you participate in Express Entry you already have solid English knowledge or maybe it is even your mother tongue. So do not underestimates yourself by saying that you know nothing about French. In fact you already know a lot and with just some basic grammar studies you could quickly pass through the A1 and A2 levels at least on reading skills. One thing for sure, you will find it very easy to understand French grammar terms as they look and sound so similar to their English counterparts.

Personally, I haven't used some really special language learning method. I just try to do different activities and try to look at the learning process from various angles. It is this mosaic pattern that also helped me to prepare for English (another foreign language) exam and max out the points for it.

Here are some tips that worked for me:
I find no better way to master the pronunciation and to some extent the oral comprehension than just simply mimicking it. I bet you would really feel comfortable to do that only where and when no one is listening to you as this is quite embarrassing. Since I have a plan for fast mobile Internet I load one of the many youtube videos, e.g.
, while drive alone in car. I'm not looking at the screen but listening and repeating everything as it flows. Even if all I hear is just blah-blah-blah I still can mimic intonation and rhythm of it. At the beginning I would still recommend to watch the video first and read the text, translate what you don't know.

As for the learning of words it is related to the nature of the brain. I'm no scientist but I know that it likes steadiness and repetition. Just as it is better to go to sleep at the same time it is also good to find some patterns for language learning. Everyday no matter what in the morning when I get up I learn at least several new words. And the second thing is to put some extra effort. If I learn a word I try to also pronounce it, write it down and to mark it in the dictionary with a color marker. It is no good to read the dictionary from page A to Z, I'd rather open only the entry of a word which I need to know at the moment. For example, lets say I think about some term in my own native language and try to translate it in the new language and I fail. I just need to feel the slight pain of this failure to actually force my brain to value it more after I actually read the word in the dictionary.

I hope these tips will also help you.

Kurco

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Ey guys. Quick questions: do we loose points for wife/husband b-day if they are not the main applicant? 2nd. Does OINP invite people regardless of the NOC and just looking at CRS score?? I am sitting at 438 with NOC 2145 Petroleum Eng. Cheers guys.
Honestly I hope this score keeps the trend of 2017 and goes down. I can see sooo many people ready to start their Canadian dream.

Kurco

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
I am having OINP NOI which I received on Feb 23rd @ CRS 438. I recently improved my score to 442. Should I wait for direct ITA or go with OINP. very confused...any comment/suggestion will be helpful.. I will be an year older in July.
I would say go for it. We dont know what might happen or when will it happen in terms of CRS score.

Reactions: ankurrana

Raorulz

Star Member
Mar 16, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone.

This link is of telegram group. As Whatsapp has a limit of 257 so we created a telegram group.
Kindly keep the following group rules in mind before joining:

1. This group is for Pre and post ITA, AOR & PPR queries for Canada.
2. The basic premise of this group is to help others with our experience and knowledge.
3. If u don’t know something, plz don’t answer. If u r not sure about something, specify that u r not sure along with ur answer. Ppl act relying on ur answers in good faith. Such guys would be evicted.
4. All the help is purely on Voluntary basis and with the sole motive of connecting and networking. If anyone is found approaching group members on PM for any Paid services would be evicted immediately.
5. Consultants and other Pre and Post Paid Service Providers should NOT join this group as we have seen them posting false and misguiding msgs to spread confusion.

Telegram Group Link: https://t.me/joinchat/HyuH-BJuh9k3WEH4tzIXSQ

‎Ray of Hope WhatsApp Group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/HMWM7DkLatNBCdQ6slsSyW

Johnny Ghaddar

Aug 27, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Nomination.....
25-06-2018
Below is the 2017 CRS Trend VS 2018 CRS Trend. Blue for invitations then Orange line for the minimum CRS score. You can see that 2018 is not a good year..

Yea cz they are sticking to Max 3k this year so far...

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
Guys, quick question. What is the point difference for clb 9 vs 10 with spouse on bachelor's degree. I'm at 423 clb 9.
The crs calculator for some reason shows same score.

Ovcar

Mar 16, 2018
NOC Code......
Oh I thought you meant the core points. In skill transferability of course they count masters and bachelor as 2 certificates. You get the maximum points depending on your CLB (50 if you have a masters and CLB 9 or more). So yeah in that area masters gets you the same as bachelors and a certificate.
Thank you for your reply BEA 78:). I was a bit worried as CIC is not so clear in this respect on their official site, to be more precise, they do not specifically mention Masters degree (diploma) anywhere. Here is the relevant section:

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

• Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)

sidganesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
10-03-2018
AOR Received.
10-03-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2018
Thank you for your reply BEA 78:). I was a bit worried as CIC is not so clear in this respect on their official site, to be more precise, they do not specifically mention Masters degree (diploma) anywhere. Here is the relevant section:

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

• Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
So you have CLB9+ and one (or is it two?) Bachelors degree. You should therefore be eligible for 25 points under skill transferability but EE system has not given this?