+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 85th Draw

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just recreated my profile standing at 420... whats the possibility of getting an invitation from OINP?
Same here, I am at 423.

Based on what I have noticed in the forum, OINP invited people with CRS 433 and above who are in the pool from 1st Jan 2018. Assuming the trend remains same, (Invitation continues going to people around 10 CRS points below the ITA cutoff) we need to hope the ITA cutoff comes down to 430-435 in next 2-3 months. I feel that one or two back to back draws or increase in no of invitees should get us there before May. Fingers crossed.

Of course it also depends on how many people actually accepts OINP who are currently invited (and hopefully will be invited from 425-433 pool in next 2 months).
It is hit or miss. You guys should monitor this page. http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

junascent

Feb 23, 2018
Hi Guys,
I am the primary applicant for the express entry and my spouse is a dependent applicant. But right now my spouse is planning to go for her higher studies in Quebec. Is there any issues for processing the PR ( for both of us) while she is in Quebec ( student visa)? Is there any separate express entry for Quebec? Please provide your suggestions. Thanks.

It depends my friend, if your express entry profile has not been given an ITA, then your wife will process a student visa anywhere in Canada, they may deny your wife's study visa because they will see your express entry profile. They will deny the student visa application of your wife because they will think that both of you will use the student visa as a back door instrument to immigration to Canada.

My suggestion, improve your CRS score or create a profile wherein your wife is the primary applicant and you are the spouse (but check first using CRS tool if your wife as principal applicant scores higher in the CRS).

Reactions: JayPei and Mithu3

at4446

Sep 24, 2016
ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
Same here, I am at 423.

Based on what I have noticed in the forum, OINP invited people with CRS 433 and above who are in the pool from 1st Jan 2018. Assuming the trend remains same, (Invitation continues going to people around 10 CRS points below the ITA cutoff) we need to hope the ITA cutoff comes down to 430-435 in next 2-3 months. I feel that one or two back to back draws or increase in no of invitees should get us there before May. Fingers crossed.

Of course it also depends on how many people actually accepts OINP who are currently invited (and hopefully will be invited from 425-433 pool in next 2 months).
Hey I want to know more about ONIP---how long does it take to get nominated? because on CIC it says PNP takes 1.5 years ..am I missing something?

junascent

Feb 23, 2018
Dear Friends,
Please tell me what to do.I had appeared for ielts on Jan 6th and after 52 days they published my result but got 6.5 in writing
my score are L-8.5,R-9,W-6.5,S-7.5 Overall-8.
In the first attempt my score in writing was 7: L-8.5,R-6.5,W-7,S-7.5,Overall-7.5
Tell me why should I not think this is intentional.
What to do guys!I have lost so much of emotional energy on this.

Don't be so sad, we are on the same boat, writing was my lowest in the IELTS.

All you need is to gather new strength and pick up the pieces. What is your current CRS score, if you don't mind me asking.

Kevin Kav

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Question:

I am currently in Canada and have work permit. My NOC is 0601 and score is 434. I recreated profile on 14 of Feb but I did not receive Invitation.

Do you think the person who work in Canada (ON) is not eligible for OINP? Thanks for answering me if you have any info.

Reactions: at4446

shubham710

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Yes
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
4 December 2013
LANDED..........
19 December 2013
Looks like there are a lot of people between 437 and 442 . I am stucked on 439 as well. I have IELTS exam on March 3. Lets see if I will able to get CLB 9.

Blancais

Feb 7, 2018
Hi everyone,

After receiving an ITA on Feb. 7th and receiving an AOR, I received this morning a rejection letter because of the Police Certificate that was non compliant. I don't understand how they get to reject the whole package when they can ask for additional documents. Very frustrating but well, here's where I am today.
I had to create a new profile and do it all over again. I have a new EE profile since today. Do you know if I can be drawn from the pool if the draw happens today or do they take some time to process the application before entering the pool ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback !

EDIT : I just saw that : Express Entry profile effective date March 1, 2018 :mad:. Does that mean no chance to get in the pool if there's a draw on Feb. 28th ?

Last edited:

Blancais

Feb 7, 2018
hi what was the problem with the PCC just so we know too. I have my PCC from USA and India but they are 1 year old. However i haven't visited any of these countries since the PCC and FBI clearance was issued. Is that fine?
The Police certificate that you provided with your application is not acceptable. Please consult our website in order to determine the required document. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medicalpolice/police-certificates/how.html

I submitted an online certificate that they don't accept - I was required to get mine from court. It was stated in CIC website but I didn't pay attention to that point.

Reactions: Mithu3

ankitptrivedi

Jun 7, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
AOR Received.