+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 78th Draw

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Guys, I have a total CRS point of 450. This score is without my wife's English test, so if she takes the test and get a moderate score, we'll have a total score of 460. Now I don't know what to do! Should she go ahead and take the exam? (300 cad) or shall we wait a couple of weeks and see what happens?

koushik90

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
NY
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-31-2017
Guys, I have a total CRS point of 450. This score is without my wife's English test, so if she takes the test and get a moderate score, we'll have a total score of 460. Now I don't know what to do! Should she go ahead and take the exam? (300 cad) or shall we wait a couple of weeks and see what happens?
Did you create a express entry pofile?

koushik90

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
NY
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-31-2017
Yes! I am in the pool and did not get an ITA today although was expecting one!
If you are already in the pool then you might want to wait for the next draw. The score might go down in the next draw.

But, if you don't want to take the risk you can start your wife's IELTS process as well. IELTS process will take about 4 - 8 weeks anyway so if you don't receive an ITA by the time your wife gets the IELTS score then you can update the profile to improve your CRS score which might have better chances of getting an ITA.

Best of luck!!

SrikanthRam

Nov 1, 2017
Save your money brother, I am sure you'll have an ITA in the next 2 maybe 3 draws.

Reactions: Lala1234

srvsh.pawar

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
India
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
24-07-2017
So last week when OINP reopened I shared in the ROH 77th that I had reservations creating a new profile and honestly the tie breaking rule that was announced earlier this year was one of my biggest deterrent. Luckily I followed my gut and left the profile as is because I was following the thread and noticed NO one indicated that they got a NO I from Ontario except one.......now with this rule now being highlighted I'm kinda happy I didn't withdraw and recreate but puts most of us in a dilemma bc if OINP reopens and starts issuing NO I some of us may be forced to do so potentially putting us in an adverse position.as far as getting a direct ITA is concerned.

Anyhow I think I may need to take some time out from the thread. Heightened anxiety and a plethora of adverse personal issues not the best combo for my mental health. Cic playing with my emotions too much and this wait feels like forever .........from Feb 2016 to now!

Guys let's keep the optimism alive though I know it's easier said than done!

"I could really use a wish right now"
Parallel thoughts buddy... I am thinking on same lines... Its difficult to play for EE with OINP.... The catch matters here

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let me tell you why she shall take her IELTS test.
Few years later in Canada you might want to become a citizen. Part of the citizenship application is a language proficiency requirement.
So she can either take it then, or have secondary or post secondary education in English or French
Or she can use her old IELTS that was used for immigration purposes to get through (even if by that standards it will not be very recent).
So doing it now, can give you more points (Also I think, that you will get through) and you will have your investment into citizenship there.

Good luck.

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
So last week when OINP reopened I shared in the ROH 77th that I had reservations creating a new profile and honestly the tie breaking rule that was announced earlier this year was one of my biggest deterrent. Luckily I followed my gut and left the profile as is because I was following the thread and noticed NO one indicated that they got a NO I from Ontario except one.......now with this rule now being highlighted I'm kinda happy I didn't withdraw and recreate but puts most of us in a dilemma bc if OINP reopens and starts issuing NO I some of us may be forced to do so potentially putting us in an adverse position.as far as getting a direct ITA is concerned.

Anyhow I think I may need to take some time out from the thread. Heightened anxiety and a plethora of adverse personal issues not the best combo for my mental health. Cic playing with my emotions too much and this wait feels like forever .........from Feb 2016 to now!

Guys let's keep the optimism alive though I know it's easier said than done!

"I could really use a wish right now"
I so know what you mean my friend!

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
I doubt they will change the example for each and every draw.
If your CRS is above or below the Cut-off, tie-breaking rule is NOT applicable
Tie breaking, name itself is self-explaining. Applicable only if your CRS = Cut-off CRS
that example is a link to another page explaining the tie process... someone at CIC made that mistake and not corrected yet.. it was there several months ago when they first notified about tie breaking rule.. still not corrected..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1318&top=29#CRS

Reactions: sanketpurnima