+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 74th Draw

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Since we have some time to kill before the RoI, let's spend some time in knowing why you want to move to Canada.
Everyone has their reason, like in my case, I am sick of my corporate job and lack of opportunities in the area where I want to work. Hoping to start a new life in Canada.

Why do you want to move to Canada?

Manish Parashar

Jul 5, 2017
Keep the Hope Alive Comrades....and hope for the very best.
Liberals prepare to reveal 2018 immigration plan they say will boost economy, help refugees
Critics say strategy must address global migration crisis and labour gaps across Canada
By Kathleen Harris, CBC Posted: Oct 15, 2017 5:00 AM ET Last Updated: Oct 15, 2017 5:00 AM ET

The Liberal government is finalizing its 2018 immigration plan, aiming to strike the right balance amid a global migration crisis, a surge in illegal border-crossers and persistent labour gaps across the country.

Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen recently wrapped up cross-country consultations and is preparing to table the annual immigration levels in the House of Commons by the Nov. 1 deadline.

To read the full article log on to http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/immigration-levels-2018-canada-1.4347339

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Since we have some time to kill before the RoI, let's spend some time in knowing why you want to move to Canada.
Everyone has their reason, like in my case, I am sick of my corporate job and lack of opportunities in the area where I want to work. Hoping to start a new life in Canada.

I could give you "n" number of reasons. Would inscribe here what comes to my mind.
You can easily judge from my avatar that am Indian but what you didn't knew is am from the so called "Upper caste". Contrary to the popular belief it is a curse to be born in upper caste. You might have heard bleakly about India's infamous "reservation" system. It's such a controversial topic in such a way even this particular post will receive profanities and slurs. In a nutshell, People are more susceptible to acquire secured government jobs and university seats if they born in lower caste. It doesn't matter ,if you are born in upper caste but you are poor and got respectable mark. Until you have a stigma of "upper caste" the chances are almost null.

When I move to Canada.
  • My "to-be" children won't be needing to face the same burden as me.
  • Equal amount of opportunity to all. If you have the skill, you are in. As simple as that.
  • Stupendous work culture, you don't need to boot lick your managers for silly things such as long vacations, promotions and other rights.
  • It's not a status issue if you are working in blue collar jobs. You will garner respect for "who you are" not for "what you do".
  • Strangers won't budge in your personal life. Believe me, it's horrendous in India.
  • Corruption is not pervasive across Canada as in India.
  • Will be witnessing less hypocrites than in India.
These are some which popped up in my mind. Many more reasons will sprout if I dig deep.

Opinions are welcome. Thanks.

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
Keep the Hope Alive Comrades....and hope for the very best.
Liberals prepare to reveal 2018 immigration plan they say will boost economy, help refugees
Critics say strategy must address global migration crisis and labour gaps across Canada
By Kathleen Harris, CBC Posted: Oct 15, 2017 5:00 AM ET Last Updated: Oct 15, 2017 5:00 AM ET

The Liberal government is finalizing its 2018 immigration plan, aiming to strike the right balance amid a global migration crisis, a surge in illegal border-crossers and persistent labour gaps across the country.

Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen recently wrapped up cross-country consultations and is preparing to table the annual immigration levels in the House of Commons by the Nov. 1 deadline.

To read the full article log on to http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/immigration-levels-2018-canada-1.4347339
I do think the intake number will also limit on how many cases can they process without adding months to processing time.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
I could give you "n" number of reasons. Would inscribe here what comes to my mind.
You can easily judge from my avatar that am Indian but what you didn't knew is am from the so called "Upper caste". Contrary to the popular belief it is a curse to be born in upper caste. You might have heard bleakly about India's infamous "reservation" system. It's such a controversial topic in such a way even this particular post will receive profanities and slurs. In a nutshell, People are more susceptible to acquire secured government jobs and university seats if they born in lower caste. It doesn't matter ,if you are born in upper caste but you are poor and got respectable mark. Until you have a stigma of "upper caste" the chances are almost null.

When I move to Canada.
  • My "to-be" children won't be needing to face the same burden as me.
  • Equal amount of opportunity to all. If you have the skill, you are in. As simple as that.
  • Stupendous work culture, you don't need to boot lick your managers for silly things such as long vacations, promotions and other rights.
  • It's not a status issue if you are working in blue collar jobs. You will garner respect for "who you are" not for "what you do".
  • Strangers won't budge in your personal life. Believe me, it's horrendous in India.
  • Corruption is not pervasive across Canada as in India.
  • Will be witnessing less hypocrites than in India.
These are some which popped up in my mind. Many more reasons will sprout if I dig deep.

Opinions are welcome. Thanks.
I gather from your thread that you've deep-rooted scepticism and hatred with the whole system in India, to which I concur with you to an extent barring 2 bullet-points in your aforesaid statement- 'Work culture' and the last point on 'hypocrites'

Canada doesn't recognize Indian experience, and it's a known fact- I know several people who worked with me at a Big 4 here in India and got transferred. They were demoted, and have been in the rank/designation for years. This is also the case with many who have migrated, and people tend to just pick a job they have no choice with, regardless of years of skilled experience.

Re: the last point- Having lived in the UK for circa 4 years and in the US for some time, there are hypocrites everywhere I've come across- and it largely depends on how you interact/engage with the speaker or person.

Unfortunately, I've faced 'racism' in the UK - subtle yet did experience it. Just my $0.02. Health according to me is much better in India, and I can describe mine and other's horrendous experiences upon receipt of your replies.

Welcome your thoughts and comments.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
I gather from your thread that you've deep-rooted scepticism and hatred with the whole system in India, to which I concur with you to an extent barring 2 bullet-points in your aforesaid statement- 'Work culture' and the last point on 'hypocrites'

Canada doesn't recognize Indian experience, and it's a known fact- I know several people who worked with me at a Big 4 here in India and got transferred. They were demoted, and have been in the rank/designation for years. This is also the case with many who have migrated, and people tend to just pick a job they have no choice with, regardless of years of skilled experience.

Yes there is a "canada experience" which stymie the people to move up the ladder. But it doesn't completely stop you from moving up. If the organization find you capable of filling up the role. They indeed encourage you with promotions. . I witness my friend move from L1 to L2 role in a year. There are always two sides of coins, i second to that. What I really emphasize is the work-life balance. Real life example: Am still begging for promotions which am entitled to get while also begging for a 2 week vacation. That "begging" isn't needed in Canada as they have strong employee benefits and they follow employee rights.

Re: the last point- Having lived in the UK for circa 4 years and in the US for some time, there are hypocrites everywhere I've come across- and it largely depends on how you interact/engage with the speaker or person.

Yup I agree to that, hypocrites are filling up the current world hence I used "less" :) We have to live with it.

Unfortunately, I've faced 'racism' in the UK - subtle yet did experience it. Just my $0.02. Health according to me is much better in India, and I can describe mine and other's horrendous experiences upon receipt of your replies.

If there is anything "pro" living in India, I can literally barge into hospital without any appointments and get myself treated. I don't need to fret for medical bills since it is fairly affordable compared to western nation.

Welcome your thoughts and comments.

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017

Being a 30-yr old divorcee with no children in a predominantly male-dominated society of Pakistan is tormenting to say the least. People don't mind their own business here and are too judgmental. I have lived in Canada on study permit for around one year and one thing I absolutely loved about that place was how kind and non-judgmental Canadians 'generally' are. Of course, there are good and bad people everywhere. But, I really need to escape from being traumatized endlessly about my failures and being pressurized into settling down for a life I do not wish for. Besides that, there are typicaly third world problems that I would like to get away from; illiteracy, lack of security, corruption, lack of moral/ethical standards, inability of people to mind their own earwax.. etc...

To sum up: I would like to move to Canada to get a fresh start with a clean (albeit scarred) slate...

parth115

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
19-06-2018

Currently working for a US based company as a remote employee.
Company has filed for H1B 3 times now but unable to get lucky in lottery.

So trying the next best thing, i.e working remotely from Canada so that I can be in the same time zone as my colleagues.

Plus quality of life and worth of Canadian dollar vs Indian Rupee.

Score is 438, Hope things work out in this draw.

Samroze

Aug 12, 2017
Currently working for a US based company as a remote employee.
Company has filed for H1B 3 times now but unable to get lucky in lottery.

So trying the next best thing, i.e working remotely from Canada so that I can be in the same time zone as my colleagues.

Plus quality of life and worth of Canadian dollar vs Indian Rupee.

Score is 438, Hope things work out in this draw.
For sure tomorrow
All the best:)

Reactions: Saidkhan

jbourne

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017

right now I live in US, sick of this immigration system in US unable to get H1 on the other side If I plan accordingly I land in canada with a PR, no restrictions on work or whatsoever. Hence Canada, I can plan to move to AUssie or NZ but most of my friends my brother still live in US so in close proximity to them I chose canada to other countries to immigrate

jbourne

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Being a 30-yr old divorcee with no children in a predominantly male-dominated society of Pakistan is tormenting to say the least. People don't mind their own business here and are too judgmental. I have lived in Canada on study permit for around one year and one thing I absolutely loved about that place was how kind and non-judgmental Canadians 'generally' are. Of course, there are good and bad people everywhere. But, I really need to escape from being traumatized endlessly about my failures and being pressurized into settling down for a life I do not wish for. Besides that, there are typicaly third world problems that I would like to get away from; illiteracy, lack of security, corruption, lack of moral/ethical standards, inability of people to mind their own earwax.. etc...

To sum up: I would like to move to Canada to get a fresh start with a clean (albeit scarred) slate...
Good Luck buddy, hopefully you find what you want.