Ray of Hope - 72nd Draw

dna211

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Missisuaga
Category........
LANDED..........
04-02-2018
Hey people. I worked for 26.25 hours from August 19th, 2016 to November 30th 2016. From December 1, 2016 to present, I have been working full time of about 37.5 hours a week. I was wondering if you could please help me the calculation of hours, and whether I am eligible to apply in CEC. I am quite confused because I consulted an immigration lawyer and he suggested that I need full time of work experience and anything less than 30 hours will be counted as part time, which means my 15 weeks of part time work (@26.25 hours) will be merely counted as 7.5 Full time week. Please help me. Thanks
To simplify-August 19 2016 to November 30 2016 (15 WEEKS) at 26.25 hours. And if i add up hours it comes to 393.75 hours total
From December 1 2016 to present, I have worked 40 hours full time. Please advise

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
How's the weather? I should remember that there are people in danger right now, and ignore the small disappointments in life. It's not like I had a chance for an ITA anyway.
You are in NYC, right? So far so good there (touchwood).

My family in Houston had a really hard time the couple of weeks, and now my friends in Canada are battling Irma.

Hope your family and friends are safe...

Reactions: lino82

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi TanakaM,

Thank you again for your answers.

Good question! Actually it is funny because you are not the only one who asked me this question. My family, friends and co-workers asked me too :)

I just got married last year and I don't want to go through the sponsorship processing. My husband needs to be approved first as a sponsor, then we have to provide lots of documents such as Tax returns, pictures, proof of relationships, attested letters from relatives, etc.etc. And this route has a face to face interview. We also have to show proof of funds.

I am sure that my husband is qualified to sponsor my son and I, but I prefer to do it on my own. Besides Inland spousal sponsorship take atleast a year or more depending how complicated the file is, while EE is only 6 months or be less. I based this information from the experience of the people here in this forum.

I have also an AINP nomination, received my AOR in March, but I don't want to wait because the PNP processing time is 16 months, can be longer. Lots of PNP paper-based applicants in 2015 haven't received their PR yet. I am currently holding a PGWP which will expire in 2019, so definitely I am not going to risk!

So my last option is EE. I have a Canadian bachelor's degree, a one-year Canadian work experience, my IELTS score is also quite good, I also have 5 years international work experience n the same NOC that i am applying in EE, and I have a sibling and relatives in Canada. After wieghing all my options, I think EE is the easiest and fastest route for me. Even better if I get qualified in the CEC stream.

Hopefully I made the right decision. I am hoping for the best. Goodluck to all of us TanakaM :)
Oh ok. I can see you have given this a lot of thought.

All the best hey.

Reactions: denyl182002

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
So, let me understand this:
1. you got married last year (so you are married at least 9 months).
2. Instead of taking all documents for the spousal sponsorship (which by now would be already somewhere in the middle of the process) you decided to go for provincial nomination.
3. Because hey Manitoba paper based up to 16 months is much better then spousal 1 year. (not that you do not have to prove excessive medical inadmissibility in spousal and not that you do not have to prove your savings or language skills there)
4. You have taken place of somebody who might really need that PNP, but you do not want it anyway.
5. Because, hey EE is much faster than all of that and because there are absolutely no people waiting more than 6 month to get their nomination after AOR in EE (not like we do not have portion of people waiting 6, 9, 12 or even longer to get their COPR - longest one was up to 17 months).
6. And with this move you want to take yet again additional place from somebody else and take more time from the officer times, when they would have to check and cancel your paper based application and then your EE application again.
7. And you assume, that just because you will not use spousal stream, nobody will ever ask you for any proof of relationship. (yes they can do that and in several cases, they did do that to EE applicants as well).
8. So at the end of the day you will not even be faster than if you went for your spousal sponsorship on the spot or if you waited for that paper based application to be finished. (as they have much less paper based applications now. they are supposed to be a bit faster there).
Did I miss something out?
This whole story is the same of a car trying to change lanes constantly in the heavy traffic jam and only arriving like minutes before the others
Hi Vensak,

I get where you are coming from and have asked the same questions. However, at the end of the day it is her right to select whichever route she wants to take, so it is a bit unfair to say she it taking up a space that someone else needs. If she feels it's her best option, let her go for it.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum...but did find it to be very informative.

I am at 429. I am getting my IELTS score reevaluated as i need .5 band to reach a CLB 10 level.

But my maximum score can be 432.

I really do not know if this will work...but still keeping my hopes intact.

I have two questions;

1. Do i have any chance of getting an invitation?

Awaiting your response ..
Hi,

1) 432 and even 429 is are good score which should get you a direct ITA in the coming draws.

regards

Reactions: Saidkhan

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
OINP Corporate Stream is now taking applications. Now if they would take HCP applications again next ...

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

September 7, 2017

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Re: Corporate Stream Now Accepting Online Applications

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has launched an online application system to make it easier to apply to the Corporate Stream and improve processing times for applicants.

Please refer to the Application Guide for further details on applying to this stream.

Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for additional information.

Please monitor this OINP Updates page for news, announcements and program developments.
yesss yessss yesss.........
come on ontario.... YYOOOUUUU CCAAANNN DDDOOOO IITTT

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello!

Please I need your help.
I have been trying to find an answer to my concern.

I have created my profile with NOC 4012 Research assistant. I did not get any score since I'm still studying in Canada.
I also included my foreign experience (9 months). My IELTS is R9 L8.5 W7 S8.5.
My CRS is 441
I noticed that I got 25 points under Skill transferability factor: Foreign experience.
Since my foreign experience is less than 1 year, do you think I deserve to get 25 points?
I already have an ITA with cut off 441.
Should I withdraw the application?

thanks for your help!
Hi,

I dont understand how your profile was eligible when you have only 9 months of work experience.

"Skilled work experience
According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

• managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
  • professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
  • technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)
You must have at least 12 months of skilled work experience that is:

• full-time (meaning at least 30 hours of paid work per week)
  • an equal amount in part-time"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-express.asp

The only explanation could be that you entered your dates incorrectly. Thus you will not pass eligibility as they look closely at your reference letters. If this is the case, I would advise that you reject the ITA.

Regards

Reactions: moferanmi

moferanmi

Sep 21, 2011
Hi,

I dont understand how your profile was eligible when you have only 9 months of work experience.

"Skilled work experience
According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

• managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
  • professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
  • technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)
You must have at least 12 months of skilled work experience that is:

• full-time (meaning at least 30 hours of paid work per week)
  • an equal amount in part-time"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-express.asp

The only explanation could be that you entered your dates incorrectly. Thus you will not pass eligibility as they look closely at your reference letters. If this is the case, I would advise that you reject the ITA.

Regards
Hello!
Thanks for the response.
I used my Research assistant experience NOC 4012 to qualify for FSW but it doesn't give me points since I'm on study permit. The points in question are from foreign work experience.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello!
Thanks for the response.
I used my Research assistant experience NOC 4012 to qualify for FSW but it doesn't give me points since I'm on study permit. The points in question are from foreign work experience.
Im sorry I'm a bit confused. How much experience do you have in NOC 4012?

With regards to foreign work experience. You should not get any points if it is less than a year.

regards

moferanmi

Sep 21, 2011
Im sorry I'm a bit confused. How much experience do you have in NOC 4012?

With regards to foreign work experience. You should not get any points if it is less than a year.

regards
2 years NOC 4012. This is Research assistant position as a PhD student.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
You bet we are, my comrade @trumprefugee is also waiting in the line.
We will bombard as soon the ONIP open the gates.
Yes always remember to register first and then apply within 14 days. Register now with below link so you've username and ID ready.

https://www.appenrol.one-key.gov.on.ca/UserMgmtWebApp/registration.iaa

Moment they open, register for HCP Stream immediately. And if you have NOI or sure to get NOI then start preparing documents. All the best Buddies. Best wishes. :)

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
2 years NOC 4012. This is Research assistant position as a PhD student.
Oh ok, makes sense now.
The system should not have given you the 25 points for your foreign experience, so your points will drop during the eligibility check.

regards

Reactions: moferanmi