+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 71st Draw!

kkarira

Aug 27, 2017
Can any one please help me to resolve query regarding NOCs?

As per my responsibilities, I have the below experience in diff NOC codes.

NOC (2171): 1+ year
NOC (2173) : 5+ years

So, what should be my major NOC? Should it be the current one (2171) or the previous one (2173)?
Asking this to make sure that I don't lose points on work experience (3+ years for max points).

If I select major NOC as 2171, then also will I get max points for work experience?

PS: Both these NOC codes lies under the same skill type (Skill A)

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
You are free to keep either one as ur primary noc...
I suggest you keep 2173 as with 5 years you'll get ur maximum CRS points and can exclude the other one from mentioning under work history while creating EE profile,which will not add value in CRS points terms as ur points already will max out with 3+years of primary noc.
this will save you the documentation with the second work experience and also may reduce the processing time as case officers may be doing verifications (through their sources / directly with the contacts given in ur experience letter) for each of the experiences and one less means few days faster.
You can mention all your other work experience including 2171 in your personal history section while filing eAPR which doesnt call for documentary support.
--
make sure you qualify 67 points under the six factor selection grid on come to Canada tool at cic website with 5 years..if you lack points,then you may add 2171 as well as for this eligibility grid experience points maxes at 6 years..
----
you'll get points if you put 2171 as primary NOC but then will have to add 2171 to complete 3 years for max points ...

Last edited:

kkarira

Aug 27, 2017
You are free to keep either one as ur primary noc...
I suggest you keep 2173 as with 5 years you'll get ur maximum CRS points and can exclude the other one from mentioning under work history while creating EE profile,which will not add value in CRS points terms as ur points already will max out with 3+years of primary noc.
this will save you the documentation with the second work experience and also may reduce the processing time as case officers may be doing verifications (through their sources / directly with the contacts given in ur experience letter) for each of the experiences and one less means few days faster.
You can mention all your other work experience including 2171 in your personal history section while filing eAPR which doesnt call for documentary support.
--
make sure you qualify 67 points under the six factor selection grid on come to Canada tool at cic website with 5 years..if you lack points,then you may add 2171 as well as for this eligibility grid experience points maxes at 6 years..
----
But currently I am doing job under NOC:2171 and have left the previous organisation (NOC:2173). Also, I want to continue working under NOC:2171 from now on. So, according to me you can select the major code from anyone of your multiple codes in which you have exp > 1yr. But, the main question is: whether CIC will calculate work experience points against my major code or for all my past codes as well.

Reason for selection of NOC: 2171- If someone moves up the hierarchy then he/she will work at that level and not below that.

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
But currently I am doing job under NOC:2171 and have left the previous organisation (NOC:2173). Also, I want to continue working under NOC:2171 from now on. So, according to me you can select the major code from anyone of your multiple codes in which you have exp > 1yr. But, the main question is: whether CIC will calculate work experience points against my major code or for all my past codes as well.

Reason for selection of NOC: 2171- If someone moves up the hierarchy then he/she will work at that level and not below that.
which noc is kept as primary NOC or secondary noc matters only for the purpose of CRS points calculation..
also provinces nominates based on primary noc...if 2171 is on any provincial list as identified for nomination, keeping 2173 will lose you the chance..
Otherwise you are free to keep any noc and go find a job of ur choice and liking once you land...it doesn't have any relation to ur noc for immigration..
--
You'll anyway put 2171 in chronological order in ur personal history section
----
Points are assigned for all experiences...why I suggested to keep 2173 is to avoid possible delay in processing as explained in previous reply....
---
Most important thing is to have the experience letter as per specification of cic & also the duties and responsibilities listed in ur experience letter to match closely with the NOCs...if the duties and responsibilities do not match 70-80% against the ones listed by CIC ,they may decline citing wrong noc selection

kkarira

Aug 27, 2017
which noc is kept as primary NOC or secondary noc matters only for the purpose of CRS points calculation..
also provinces nominates based on primary noc...if 2171 is on any provincial list as identified for nomination, keeping 2173 will lose you the chance..
Otherwise you are free to keep any noc and go find a job of ur choice and liking once you land...it doesn't have any relation to ur noc for immigration..
--
You'll anyway put 2171 in chronological order in ur personal history section
----
Points are assigned for all experiences...why I suggested to keep 2173 is to avoid possible delay in processing as explained in previous reply....
---
Most important thing is to have the experience letter as per specification of cic & also the duties and responsibilities listed in ur experience letter to match closely with the NOCs...if the duties and responsibilities do not match 70-80% against the ones listed by CIC ,they may decline citing wrong noc selection
So, according to you experience in major NOC alone will not be used to calculate total CRS score. It will be total experience gained in multiple NOCs but in the same skill type i.e. A in my case. Right?

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Agreed. In fact, can we send CIC comments and suggestions for the EE system regarding this issue?
if the view is endorsed by many from the pool,someone go via 'change.org' to raise a petition...a ban of 2-3 draws should be politely suggested as penalty for declining an ITA
last action by cic to counter the decline ratio was to increase the period to 90 days as they agreed to the perception that it is tough to organise docs within 60 days..
however my experience tells that someone enters the pool not while passing by & it is an intentional effort requiring couple of months including ECA & ielts ...and in the meantime they did pcc & experience letter as well,then eAPR requires only a week ...
Cic took ownership of the higher decline to issued ratio of ITAs and they need to be told that it may be a lethargic attitude by ppl with higher CRS that cause the higher decline ratio ..
technically,I'm now an ita holder & will support any initiative in this regard :) but it has to originate from those who are affected by the 'don't care attitude' of those who decline without second thoughts ...

Last edited:

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
So, according to you experience in major NOC alone will not be used to calculate total CRS score. It will be total experience gained in multiple NOCs but in the same skill type i.e. A in my case. Right?
even in diff skill type as well....provided they fall among 0,A or B...
C & D category cannot be used
Read the link...it says 'one or more...'

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=386&top=29
---
I guess that's enough to solve ur doubts ;)
Now I shall be forced to send you a bill :mad: :D and I take only CA$$$$$$

Nabs17

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
UPDATES ON PR APPLICATIONS AND COPR (Figures are rounded & till August 2017)

Looking into the latest data of CIC it reveals that about 187,500 application for PR is received and 235,000 CoPR is issued. The total expected figures for applications is 281,380 and for CoPR is 300,000.

It is expected that 93,880 (23,470 per month as compared to 23,450 per month for the 1st Quarter) more applications will be received by the end of this year. Expected CoPR to be issued is 65,000 (16,250 per month as compared to 29,350 per month for the 1st Quarter) by the end of this year.

Recent Changes on Cards:

1. As per the original plans, Human Resource was expected to be reduced but now IRCC has been allowed to hire temporary staff to speed up applications held in Offices throughout Canada (not sure about Visa offices outside Canada).

2. However, Security Checks are expected to be increased and a new power has been given to landing officers. This means if there are some red flags on applicants security checks then Security Officer may suggest Visa Office contact Landing Office before issuing CoPR. It may result in some applicants from certain backgrounds to fulfill certain criteria's before Visa can be issued. This new check also allows landing officer to ask applicants to reach from certain ports and tell officers the date and time they will arrive (or else ask applicants to arrive on certain dates).

3. PM of Canada also assured that they will provide all resources and staff required to complete applications on time especially for Refugees. There are also changes proposed for PNP applications including having a separate office in each partnering state to process their applications. If this change is implemented then the speed of PNP applications will match those of FSW nowadays.

4. For Inland applicants, the good news is that PM has asked IRCC to reduce the time of processing for them to achieve governments goals of retention of Valuable skills.

Point 1 & 2 are already in implementation stage while 3 & 4 are in Exposure Draft stage and may come into effect from Mid-2018 or later.

References:
OpenData
News and Press Releases (CIC)
Minutes of Recent Meetings of PM of Canada with Immigration Offices.
Parliamentary Review on Immigration Programs

Good Luck to all
Considering the above, what would be your prediction on # of draws, draw size, and CRS for the rest of the year ?

kkarira

Aug 27, 2017
Wow...that's nice.... :)
appreciate the hundreds of relevant replies you've got / your efforts at digging up answers from cic web page or this forum from already posted answers / your intelligence at comprehending such 'complex' issues such as choosing an noc by reading a very complex 12 word sentence ;)
--
I wish I didn't respond to ur queries...the ones before u, didn't find any answers 'irrelevant' if lacking for info...they just waited for better answers or found out themselves...
I'll see you probably on the streets in Ontario ,requesting to be spoon fed...until then, bye dear ;)
my answers are relevant,please take the help of someone who understands English before you file :)
I don't care of ur opinion but I'm sad now I'll think twice before bothering typing again and again for some stupid who never comes out of doubt..
As a policy ray of hope had one rule that was to ask newbies to refer to the sticky threads before asking to be spoon fed and i was violating that rule so far...
but I'll keep on, u are one just 'low on intelligence & courtesy' guy who didn't understand the nudge in right sense after patient well explained replies... ;)
Extremely sorry if you felt bad (my last comment was in a light way, just pulling your leg) and yes, thanks a ton for your replies. Really appreciate your patience !!! You don't have to spoon feed, but to give answers or links/references (for newbies) against the queries raised. But still, it helped me in a way and thanks for that. Awaiting more insights from other members.

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Extremely sorry if you felt bad (my last comment was in a light way, just pulling your leg) and yes, thanks a ton for your replies. Really appreciate your patience !!! You don't have to spoon feed, but to give answers or links/references (for newbies) against the queries raised. But still, it helped me in a way and thanks for that. Awaiting more insights from other members.
:) I was surprised to read that my answers were irrelevant...
see after a while it gets tiring to reply,esp when these are replied time and again in forum...ppl take it easy to ask and wait..
I frankly expect a thanks only in the way seeing someone coming back to help others in the forum...I'm just paying back my dues here ....I too got all the info here only :)...
I feel sorry to have reacted too much...but the earnestness with which I responded to ur queries added to my response..
Ur both NOCs will be counted even if they are from among different skill type 0,A,B ...but not C & D
to gain max points you need only 3yrs & hence keeping 2173 as primary NOC will spare u some documentation & help process faster..it doesn't come in way of getting a job in 2171 later on...only -ve would be if 2171 is on any provinces list of identified NOCs eligible for nomination,but it could even be applicable for 2173 also..
make sure with 5 years you have 67 points in 6 factor selection grid & also u have clean experience letter in line with cic specs

kkarira

Aug 27, 2017
:) I was surprised to read that my answers were irrelevant...
see after a while it gets tiring to reply,esp when these are replied time and again in forum...ppl take it easy to ask and wait..
I frankly expect a thanks only in the way seeing someone coming back to help others in the forum...I'm just paying back my dues here ....I too got all the info here only :)...
I feel sorry to have reacted too much...but the earnestness with which I responded to ur queries added to my response..
Ur both NOCs will be counted even if they are from among different skill type 0,A,B ...but not C & D
to gain max points you need only 3yrs & hence keeping 2173 as primary NOC will spare u some documentation & help process faster..it doesn't come in way of getting a job in 2171 later on...only -ve would be if 2171 is on any provinces list of identified NOCs eligible for nomination,but it could even be applicable for 2173 also..
make sure with 5 years you have 67 points in 6 factor selection grid & also u have clean experience letter in line with cic specs
Thanks!! I checked the min eligibility criteria and it says as eligible. Hope to meet you soon in Ontario.. eagerly waiting for the next draw..sitting at 427..

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Thanks!! I checked the min eligibility criteria and it says as eligible. Hope to meet you soon in Ontario.. eagerly waiting for the next draw..sitting at 427..
that's a pretty good score ....it's better u apply for your PCCs now itself if you've lived abroad....last heard someone who filed eAPR on 2nd Aug got PPR on 24th... :) ..
if PCC , experience letter ,pof are ready,you could file ur eAPR within a week of ita...
All the best to you... :)