05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
let's just hope for next week :(
Biweekly draws for the rest of the year, plus a weekly draw here and there, sound good and realistic. We already had our weekly draw last week, so we're still good for now.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
They say he is just romantic poet , but somehow his few words has big meaning even more than philosphical thinkers
He does have some great quotes.

“Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.”

DBOR

Star Member
May 23, 2017
I attended a session and the presenter was an old IRCC member.

She said that the main factor in conducting draws is their capacity to process applications.. she said "as long as we have the capacity to process applications, we will continue with large draws, until we do not have anymore capacity and then we would minimize the number of draws and ITAs issued".

Guys.. remember.. deadline for applications from May (last large draw) are by the end of this month..

Recent trends really show that they just reached their capacity. 4 weeks without a draw.. then 2 draws.. then another 3 weeks without a draw.. lower number of ITAs... Is somebody can't take it anymore!

Maybe....

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
my folks are stuck at 420 points, if the draw happens tonight I am guessing 420 cut-off :)

any idea guys when does the draw usually happen in EDT hours ? thanks !!

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes

She said that the main factor in conducting draws is their capacity to process applications.. she said "as long as we have the capacity to process applications, we will continue with large draws, until we do not have anymore capacity and then we would minimize the number of draws and ITAs issued".

Guys.. remember.. deadline for applications from May (last large draw) are by the end of this month..

Recent trends really show that they just reached their capacity. 4 weeks without a draw.. then 2 draws.. then another 3 weeks without a draw.. lower number of ITAs... Is somebody can't take it anymore!

Maybe....
You speak wisely! Where have you been during my stressful hours? :D

PixelDust

Jul 27, 2017
Singapore

Maybe....
When the summer gets over, all their staff will be working full throttle , sipping coffee from the new coffee vending machine. Now lets pray and telepathetically try to put this coffee machine idea into their supervisor's mind.
OR
Sir if you are reading this, please take care of the new request.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
what if Today CIC gives you a deal that gives you an ITA but with a string that the processing time would be 8-10 months.
Will you take it?

I think you already have :)
Yes. It's the uncertainty that is very stressful. When you know something is progressing, even if it is progressing very slowly, you develop the right expectations and can plan around it. But this not knowing is what's really stressful and frustrating. You keep waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting but need to be ready to act on a moment's notice. That's how our lives are put on hold. If there is some certainty, then we adjust and plan around what's expected to happen. I am really stressed out because I will be losing another 11 points on my birthday in February. Oh and my NOI will expire on January 10. If I knew for sure that I would be able to get an ITA on time, I wouldn't be stressed and frustrated like this. I wouldn't mind postponing my move to Canada for another year or two if I knew it would definitely happen. More time in the US lets me save up more money because I am making significantly more money here than I expect to make in Canada, and each month here makes a difference. But I want to be in Canada long term and I want to know that it is going to happen.

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
On an unrelated note... Has anyone ever heard of theworknumber.com? Many employers contract with them to do employment verification. In the spirit of getting things ready in advance, I dealt with them tonight. You have to come up with the right words to say or they tell you you can't have a report. If you say personal reasons, they say you have to tell us what. If you say immigration, they say (at least in my case) your company has not contracted for that. We tried rental application. They said you have to give the link to the person who wants to do the verification. I wound up practically screaming that I wanted to see what information they are giving people about me.

Then, I had to spell out name, address, etc. After social security number, they made me guess which of five answers of five questions was about me. Like what credit card did I open in 2006. What was my bank in 1986. At least I knew the answer to the street I lived on in 2001. After all that, they finally gave me my PIN.

It feels like these people specialize in telling you that you can't have what you asked for. Grrrrrr.

Thanks for allowing me to rant.

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Yes. It's the uncertainty that is very stressful. When you know something is progressing, even if it is progressing very slowly, you develop the right expectations and can plan around it. But this not knowing is what's really stressful and frustrating. You keep waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting but need to be ready to act on a moment's notice. That's how our lives are put on hold. If there is some certainty, then we adjust and plan around what's expected to happen. I am really stressed out because I will be losing another 11 points on my birthday in February. Oh and my NOI will expire on January 10. If I knew for sure that I would be able to get an ITA on time, I wouldn't be stressed and frustrated like this. I wouldn't mind postponing my move to Canada for another year or two if I knew it would definitely happen. More time in the US lets me save up more money because I am making significantly more money here than I expect to make in Canada, and each month here makes a difference. But I want to be in Canada long term and I want to know that it is going to happen.
Yes, thank you, this is EXACTLY how I feel, except the part about saving money in US! :D

But all in all you described it to the core!

Reactions: trumprefugee