Mar 25, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2017
Hi Guys,

I have been going through this thread, and I am very optimistic that everyone will soon get a PR from Canada :). My score is 467 now, and hopeful that I would be in next draw (lets see). Do you guys know if you get an ITA how many days do you have to accept and if you accept the countdown to 90 days begin that day?

Thank you!
You don't have an provision to accept, your 90 days will start from the date of ITA, you have a option to decline though...hope its clear

Nujaya

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
sri lanka
My current csr is 367. I got L7.5 R8 S&W 7 in the 1st attempt. If I get the CLB 9, I can go up to 410- 415. I thought of getting a student visa for a post grad and apply later on for the PR where I get additional 30. And some possibility of getting additional Points for Canadian work.

Pls advise me whether to do the IELTs again and hope for the best that the score will drop down or to go there as a student?

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Writing post after a long time.

Latest developments highlight that CIC want to take fewer applications till the end of October. This decision is taken to process FSW stream applications within 2 months and PNP applications within 4 months. Anyone who applied in July or onwards will benefit from this decision and hopefully, 80% of the applicants from July and August will receive PPR within this year.

The good news is that CIC will be able to deal with 2x more applications online by December which indicates their intentions to take scores lower than 400 in the first quarter of 2018.

I hope this will help. Good Luck to all.

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP

Latest developments highlight that CIC want to take fewer applications till the end of October. This decision is taken to process FSW stream applications within 2 months and PNP applications within 4 months. Anyone who applied in July or onwards will benefit from this decision and hopefully, 80% of the applicants from July and August will receive PPR within this year.

The good news is that CIC will be able to deal with 2x more applications online by December which indicates their intentions to take scores lower than 400 in the first quarter of 2018.

Wow. Thanks for Sharing. Now i can resign and spend some time with family keeping December in Mind for PPR. :)

Jojolet

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
I had the same issue with trying to edit my wife's last name (she changed it after getting married to me). Since it wasn't possible to edit, I cancelled the application and started a new profile from scratch.
OMG! Wow. I have to start from the scratch! Ok thanks a lot. Back to the 2nd question, what should be my response to the question " have you applied to IRCC before"

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
OMG! Wow. I have to start from the scratch! Ok thanks a lot. Back to the 2nd question, what should be my response to the question " have you applied to IRCC before"
You don't need to make a new profile if you just want to change surname. You can do it using the same profile and just write a letter of explanation along with Marriage Certificate. You can even do it after ITA. If you haven't received UCI before than answer should be NO otherwise you need to write Yes.

I hope this will help.

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......

Wow, great info Bill. :)
Can you please point to the source of this news?

sacmanitin

Aug 10, 2016
My current csr is 367. I got L7.5 R8 S&W 7 in the 1st attempt. If I get the CLB 9, I can go up to 410- 415. I thought of getting a student visa for a post grad and apply later on for the PR where I get additional 30. And some possibility of getting additional Points for Canadian work.

Pls advise me whether to do the IELTs again and hope for the best that the score will drop down or to go there as a student?
Improve your IELTS and you can qualify for PNP through Ontario . It will be 2-3 week affair to reach there instead of other longer ways ,only PNP nomination time will be added

username1235

Jun 23, 2017

How about people applying under CEC? Will that be faster as well in coming months?

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016

Yes go for IELTS again. I scored CLB8 in first attempt was around your score. Scored CLB 9 in the second attempt and now finished e-APR.

ufarooqi

May 22, 2014
Waterloo, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
13-05-2015
IELTS Request
Waived Off
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 (Medical Status changed to PASSED on MyCIC)
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015

Source ?

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016

As much as I am happy with the news, I still don't see any reason why CIC will need to go below 400 in the first quarter of 2018.
The pool above 400 is quite fat and by that will be even more than sufficient to keep the ROI going, if CIC is planning to take few applications till Oct end.
PNP is the only way for the folks at the 400 score.

Reactions: srvsh.pawar

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
As much as I am happy with the news, I still don't see any reason why CIC will need to go below 400 in the first quarter of 2018.
The pool above 400 is quite fat and by that will be even more than sufficient to keep the ROI going, if CIC is planning to take few applications till Oct end.
PNP is the only way for the folks at the 400 score.
No, things will change soon and score will have a declining trend in future.