+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 70th Draw!

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
We make native speakers nervous, when we 'speak'with respective MTIs(Mother Tounge Influence).
Believe me , inside me i sound like Morgan Freeman, but somehow something else comes out.
Year-ear, hour-our , all becomes same same.
Ha ha ha. When I spoke English in England I was pleased to see that everyone was so attentive and hanging on to every word I said :cool: I realised it soon that they were listening closely because they couldn't follow a single word of anything I was saying :p

Last edited:

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Lol. I am absolutely sure that my english-influenced french is much, much worse than your accent. My husband, also learning french, cringes at my inability to say things correctly. At least you can hear how you want it to sound via Morgan Freeman. I don't think I can hear what I am trying for, so achieving it is near impossible.
The spouse and I decided to speak French (nothing posh, just a few basic greetings and polite thank you etc.) on a trip to Paris :cool: We received huge smiles every time we opened our mouths and the French people we were trying to talk to promptly answered in English :p

Contactnisha

Jul 15, 2017
Hello ladies and gents! I am sitting tight at 420 hoping cut-off will fall further. Meanwhile, I have decided to re-take IELTS to improve my result from clb9 to 10. Pls advise how much additional points this will give me - 3 per section or 3 points in all. My current IELTS score is as follows: L/R/W/S 8/8.5/7.5/7.5.
U are just .5 short in L...:oops:
Clb. 10 will add points definitely:)

Abu Shams

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Dear Seniors,

Plz help me with 2 queries

1. The photo specification of CIC states the name and date would have to be at the back of the photo, but in case of digital photo in JPEG format, how the back with name & date could be shown?
2. Where do I upload the gift deed, in the PoF placeholder or the LoE placeholder?

plz suggest.

garry gill

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Hello ladies and gents! I am sitting tight at 420 hoping cut-off will fall further. Meanwhile, I have decided to re-take IELTS to improve my result from clb9 to 10. Pls advise how much additional points this will give me - 3 per section or 3 points in all. My current IELTS score is as follows: L/R/W/S 8/8.5/7.5/7.5.
you already have clb level 10 it seems,

Nabs17

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Im in exactly the same position as you. CRS 420 and 3 CLB10 and 1 CLB9. A resit at ielts with 4 CLB 10s will only increase Our CRS by 3 points and it will take atleast a month.
I would suggest you to wait for next two draws and see the CRS trend. Its hopefully going to go down.
Best of luck.

Reactions: zionver and jaybee2

issac1990

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Sharjah
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
Take a deep breath!

Some things take time to get processed. You'll get your ECA sooner or later.

In the meantime, do some reading and research about what are the next steps in your Canada immigration journey.

Start putting together your documents. Look through your travel history and figure out if you need any PCCs.

Approach former employers to ask for references.

In a nutshell, keep yourself busy with something constructive.

Good luck.
thanks buddy.. :) i am a bit too much occupied with my work these days.. ... 15 hrs of work daily.. :( EE seems to be the only way out ... :(
But u r right... keeping ourselves busy is the best way to kill time.. :)

Reactions: Wandering Mind

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
ITA in hand but can someone help me

I got deported from US and my FBI PCC says I was arrested and inadmissible under section ....

I was dependent of my husband and they presumed I was working illegally.

Will this have any impact on PR
Hi,

Do you have any documents from your lawyer stating it was a mistake of your deportation or anything defending your side? If so I would send that documents in later stage. However, your best shot will be to go a head with ITA submission and let CIC agents be the judge.
I hope all goes well and in your favor.

Reactions: jaybee2

yeskayk

Star Member
May 4, 2017
DUBAI
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
12-11-2019
Hi All,
Currently I am preparing for my upcoming IELTS which is on the 19th . Honestly its quite stressful on me , as I need that CLB9 to boost my score to 469 from 403 that I currently have.

I am preparing from -> http://ieltsonlinetests.com/catalogue and I am scoring 7.5-8 in listening .
Listening is my only concern , and in I wonder if I will get less than 5 wrong on the test date..
Pretty confident on the other sections
Any advice ....?

Vishal-07

Star Member
Jun 9, 2017
Im in exactly the same position as you. CRS 420 and 3 CLB10 and 1 CLB9. A resit at ielts with 4 CLB 10s will only increase Our CRS by 3 points and it will take atleast a month.
I would suggest you to wait for next two draws and see the CRS trend. Its hopefully going to go down.
Best of luck.
I am 420 too. How many draws for the score to touch 420.? Althought its very unpredictable