+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 70th Draw!

Nabs17

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
I sense that there is one more draw happening in this month.

Lets be greedy and wish for 2 more draws in August 2017.
Heres a thought.
The draws from Mar-May (pre changes) were spaced as below
1-3-2-1-1-2-2-2(weeks) averaging a draw every 1.75 weeks

After Jun 6 changes the draws are spaced as below
4-2-3-1 (weeks) averaging a draw every 2.5 weeks

Given the huge average difference of almost a week, and Mr. Cohen's statement that the gaps were due to system constraints/upgrades which are now done, i feel that CIC will catch up on the frequency.
Definitely looking at a draw on the 16th.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Friends, I am pleased to announce that after the 0.5 drama on a couple of occasions, I finally got CLB10 with a score of 9/9/8/7.5 in L/R/S/W taking my CRS from 392 to 455.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful support. Eagerly waiting for the invite now:):)
CONGRATULATIONS! Good for you. You will get your ITA, so get ready your documents dear @gurpreet.ts :)
Good luck!

ultimateenergy

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Hi everyone! I've been reading the topics on this forum for several months already :) Was waiting to get a high score in order to join the conversation. I failed IELTS 2 times, now today in the 3rd try I got 9,9,9 and 7 for writing, bringing the total score to 440. Cant wait for the next draw to happen :) I hope they are not going to wait for too long for the scores to go up.

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
Hi Champs,

How are you all? Those who received ITA yesterday, I hope you're bracing the moment and all the best for post ITA documentation. Rest of us are hanging in here being hopeful to this wonderful month that has never ceased to amaze me. I hope August brings us loads of ITAs and a new hopes to witness maple leaf visa on our passports. :rolleyes:

Apart from this, I have few questions I'd like to ask.

I'm a citizen of India. However, I reside in UK currently. I've got UK PCC dated 6th June 2017 and Indian PCC dated 9th July 2017.

Considering, I receive ITA this month, UK PCC holds a validity of 6 months as I currently reside here. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I got myself Indian PCC from India itself as I was on vacation last month for 3 weeks to see my parents. Now I'm not sure if Indian PCC is valid as document checklist says, it should be issued after I left the country. :confused:

Shall I get myself a new Indian PCC from Indian consulate here in UK or the one in my possession is fine?

Thanks in advance !! :)
Just apply for New Indian PCC. I have same issue and applied again from Indian embassy.!

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Friends, I am pleased to announce that after the 0.5 drama on a couple of occasions, I finally got CLB10 with a score of 9/9/8/7.5 in L/R/S/W taking my CRS from 392 to 455.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful support. Eagerly waiting for the invite now:):)
That's an amazing score! Congratulations!

Aypn

May 9, 2017
Madison, Wisconsin, US
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
First : L7.5 R8.5 W7.5 S 7.5 Second : L9 R9 W7 S 8
Result came out. :( Score of 9/9/7.5/6.5 in L/R/W/S. Thinking of booking again for 9th September and should I apply for rechecking?

Last time I got 8.5/8/6.5/7 in L/R/W/S in April 15. Did not prepare this time.
I know it's a pain

Reactions: JZ82

Nabs17

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
I have a question regarding Education History Section in Express Entry.

I have a Bachelors degree.

I started in University A, Transferred to University B, then Transferred to College C, and Finally transferred back to and graduated from University A from which I have a degree certificate.

Now my final transcript which is from University A, has all the courses that I had taken from Universities and College A,B, and C.

My question is: Do I just need to mention College A in my Education History or I need to mention all the Universities and Colleges (A,B, and C) that I have studied in? (Note: I have transcripts for all of them.)

Thanks in advance!
I had a similar issue with my wifes education. She started at Univ A, got her credits transferred to Univ B and graduated from there. Sent both transcripts to WES however the ECA came back with the equivalent degree but only Univ B mentioned on it.
In EE i filled out both Univ details however checked the degree awarding part and ECA receipt only for Univ B.
I would suggest you to do the same as its accurate information and satisfies ECA requirements.
Best of luck.

Aypn

May 9, 2017
Madison, Wisconsin, US
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
First : L7.5 R8.5 W7.5 S 7.5 Second : L9 R9 W7 S 8
Congratulations. Your ITA is enroute. Even Ive had 0.5 drama a couple of times in writing and m sitting again on Aug 19. Couple of things wanted to check:
1. Whether you appeared from BC or IDP?
2. Could you please suggest sites/tips for writing as I am really struggling in that.

Thanks.
I have enrolled it with BC this time as didn't materialise for me under IDP.
This is the structure I loosely followed

***************************************************** Argument essay
Introduction Paragraph
Background
Today,
As is commonly understood
It is common today
Detailed Background
This can be seen...
This has been seen in ...
This is nowhere more evidence than...
Thesis
It is believed..
It is argued..
It will be shown..
Outline
This will be proven by analyzing..1,2
This will be shown by taking into account..1,2

Supporting Paragraph 1
Topic
Firstly, ...
Looking first at..
Example
For example,...
For instance,...
Take ... ,for instance

Discussion
This example clearly shows...
It is obvious when looking at this example that...
This example makes it clear that...
When looking at this example, there is no doubt that...

Conclusion
It is obvious that...
From this, it can be concluded that....
Thus, there is an obvious link between....

Supporting Paragraph 2

Conclusion Pargraph
Summary
After analyzing the areas of 1 and 2
Following the analyzing of...
Restatement of thesis
As has been proven, ...
As has been shown, ....
Prediction/Recommendation
It is expected that, ...
It is predicted that, ...

***************************************************Discussion Essay

Introduction Paragraph
Background
Since the beginning of recorded time
Since the inception of television
Detailed background
This can be seen nowhere clear than
POV
On the one hand, many people believe
On the one hand, it is believed
One the other,...
According to one camp,According to the other
Many argue that... , hovever, this is refulted by others
Outline
These arguments will be analyzed prior to coming to a reasoned conclusion
Both sides will be critiqued before reasoned conclusion in found
All arguments will be weighed prior to reaching an informed conculsion

Supporting paragraph 1
Topic
It is felt by many that
Today, many hold the idea/theory that ***** true
Historically, many people have supported the idea that
Traditionally, groups around the world have ascertained
Example
For example, <<start broader and narrow down>>
For example, many countries, Russia and Ukraine in particular, have cultures deeply rooted in religion
For instance, in Asia, particularly China and Korea, ...
For instance, among animals, ...
As an example
To illustrate
As an illustration
Take, For example,
Discussion
It goes without saying that,
This example shows clearly that,
Conclusion
Thus, the theory of/that... is difficult to debunk(disprove)
It is easy to see why this argument has garnered a lot of support

Supporting paragraph 2

Conculsion paragraph
Summary/Statement of position
After analysing these two points of view, it is believed
After hashing out the pros and cons of these two points of view, it is felt ...
It is hard to see how anyone could feel (support).... followig the analyzing both points of view of the topic <<stronger tone>>

Prediction/ recommendation
Without a doubt, .....
In the years to come,.....
It is felt that,.... would be best to....

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Sounds like you were really dedicated. Thanks for the info.

Once you become a permanent resident, you can take free French classes that the Canadian government offers, and if you move to Quebec, you can have the government pay for you to learn French full time on a 30-35 hour basis. A friend of mine who is a naturalized Canadian citizen did just that. He went to school in Ontario, became a permanent resident while living in Ontario, and later moved to Montreal and took advantage of that offer. He started from scratch and achieved full professional proficiency in French in less than a year.

A propósito, usted es de la República Dominicana? Tengo inquilinos aquí en los Estados Unidos que son inmigrantes de la República Dominicana y sólo hablan español. Yo aprendí español con duolingo, FSI Spanish, y Pimsleur. Cuando tengo tiempo, leo artículos y veo videos de noticias en español.
That's really insightful. Having a new language in your sleeve would be helpful in future.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good to know your father is doing great mate, hope he will finish his medicine soon. :) Came to know this from an earlier message.
My baby is doing great too and eating very well. Not that much crying apart the time when he is having hard time with his stomach, as you know this is just adaptation process for the newborns. His mother is good and happy too, she is lying down with the baby, I don't want her to do anything at this time, that's why I'm doing home stuffs and especially kitchen orders :p;) This is wonderful experience and I do really enjoy it. :cool:

Hope this time you will get that magic CLB9 and will be invited very soon by CIC. ;)
In our case, we want to wait until the end of September to see if crs score will be at 410th (which I'm hopeful for that) and if YES that's OK, but if NOT then we may consider resitting the TEF Canada in order to get those extra points (by scoring CLB7 each). Last time my wife did well apart Listening CLB6 (Listening part is really hard one in French), but this time she is really motivated and we hope she can do it this time! :) In case of success we will jump to CRS 448 minimum. :rolleyes:
Thus, we have some options as you see dear @KingKurly.
Thank you for your wonderful post passa. BTW, passa means a friend in one of our regional language. So you have a great sounding nickname lol. I don't know what it is like to have a child of your own, but from what i have heard from my sister's it is lot of hard work. It takes a lot of patience. So for you to enjoy taking care of both child and mother while enjoying household chores, sounds so nice. Keep enjoying and keep taking care, i'm sure your better half is adoring you for that. My father is doing a lot better. In fact he is bored to death cos he can't go back to work even though he thinks he is fully cured lol.

Just couple of hours and i will get my result. Hopefully, still not 100% but very hopeful. I myself took French lesson classes until level 4 in Alliance Francaise. But i quit, no TEF exam center here and i couldn't commit to the level it requires. Since your wife is so close to getting CLB 7 in TEF, with the renewed spirit she will most probably make it. And i agree, listening part in French i found it difficult myself. With back to back draw happening again, seems like it is very likely it could get close to 410 by then. All the best and may our wishes come true soon :)

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

First post in ROH70. It seemed like we were gonna be stuck in ROH68 at some point but IRCC have definitely come to the party now. Looking forward to more quick draws and ITA. Hope you guys have been working on those dance moves and working on your fitness @andieangel @pessacanada @Wandering Mind @KingKurly and everyone else, don't want you passing out. lol
I was thinking like Despacito, but Damn! Its Fistpatitio hahahaha Good un

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
Thank you for your wonderful post passa. BTW, passa means a friend in one of our regional language. So you have a great sounding nickname lol. I don't know what it is like to have a child of your own, but from what i have heard from my sister's it is lot of hard work. It takes a lot of patience. So for you to enjoy taking care of both child and mother while enjoying household chores, sounds so nice. Keep enjoying and keep taking care, i'm sure your better half is adoring you for that. My father is doing a lot better. In fact he is bored to death cos he can't go back to work even though he thinks he is fully cured lol.

Just couple of hours and i will get my result. Hopefully, still not 100% but very hopeful. I myself took French lesson classes until level 4 in Alliance Francaise. But i quit, no TEF exam center here and i couldn't commit to the level it requires. Since your wife is so close to getting CLB 7 in TEF, with the renewed spirit she will most probably make it. And i agree, listening part in French i found it difficult myself. With back to back draw happening again, seems like it is very likely it could get close to 410 by then. All the best and may our wishes come true soon :)
All the best for your results today. Today is your day.! :)