+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 69th Draw

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
I kind of remember this discussion, not sure if it was with you or others. I obviously do not have first hand experience with registering, letting the 14 days elapse, and registering again, but I have read of people who have done this, as in they said they were able to re-register after their initial registration was cancelled after the 14 days had elapsed. Whether they went on to get nominated successfully, I do not know. But I had heard of this somewhat recently. I also know that many people were having a lot of system issues for the past month or so, and I also wanted to hold back on registering because people seemed really frustrated and were freaking out over their documents disappearing (as well as being unable to log in and fearing they would miss the 14 day deadline). I also wanted to avoid the system issues and figured that Tuesday would be a lighter traffic day, given that people tended to have the most issues on weekends and also Mondays when everyone was still trying to do stuff after being frustrated on the weekend. Little did I know that Tuesday July 25 would be the day registration closed! :mad:
Man, I feel ya! Who knows though, this may be a blessing in disguise. You might get an ITA before the Nomination opens up again... Atleast I am hoping for that :p Good luck to the both of us!

By the way, if one does go with the provincial nomination, is it OK to study with a PR thus acquired in the nominated state? Or must one work?

issac1990

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Sharjah
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
On August 19th I would be re-appearing for IELTS for the second time this year . Will I get that CLB9 is playing on my mind daily .
A CLB9 will take my score to 469 from 403..
Any tips/advice would be appreciated especially on reading and getting that 8 in listening .... TIA
READING I OPTED FOR THE CONVENTIONAL METHOD OF GOING THROUGH THE PASSAGE IN WHOLE... AND LATER ON LOOK FOR THE KEYWORDS IN QUESTION.. IT WORKED FOR ME.. I HAVE A 9 IN READING..

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Back from hibernation.

Draw in the first week means we surely can expect another draw in August or more than one (being hopeful) :)

Let's all pray to which ever God's we believe in and be hopeful.

I saw alot of people spread negative message here on a facade of being realistic.....Be realistic guys but don't be negative. To all such people, I would like to quote Bambi to you - "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all" :)

Cheers. Let the hope remain!
I am actually feeling very confident about three draws this month! :p

About this whole optimism/ pessimism thing, I get where you and a lot of the more popular members on this forum are coming from. However, I think this phrase, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all," is rather insidious. In my books, it is too dangerously close to censorship. Who is to judge what is right or wrong, what is nice or not nice. In the interest of keeping the lines of communication open for all, and allowing all to express their ideas, hopes, and fears, I think we shouldn't suggest to anyone to be silent.

Again, this is not aimed at you @Globetrotter2017, because this post of yours is rather innocuous (In fact I even liked the general idea of it.) I also have nothing against those who have expressed sympathy towards the pessimists. I see their point, albeit I would take a more empathetic stance. My beef is with those that ridicule and sarcastically put down those who have even the slightest negative opinion. Of course, I am not suggesting that they shut up either, cos that would make me no better than them. I am just asking that they reflect on how their derogatory comments about the pessimists are actually in itself negative...

I say welcome to one and all on this forum, and I encourage everyone to speak, whatever your ideas may be. Who knows where important thoughts can come from.... I think this is the true spirit of Canada....

mqamar1994

Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-07-2017
Nomination.....
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
Hello people ,

Can someone help me to tell me the Photo specification for CIC,
I am nominated for OINP , do you guys think can i use the same Photo for CIC ?
Congrats.

The specs are same for both.

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
If they actually land in Canada, the pessimistic people probably leave when things get tough, or just complain about how Canada sucks. I met someone like that who immigrated to the US after being lucky enough to win the diversity lottery. Oh boy, she had so many bad things to say about the US and was not a patient person at all. She was always looking on the bad side of things and was just a mean and rude person overall, always finding fault in people and talking about how bad the US is. She also kept talking about leaving but for some reason hadn't left, as of a couple years ago. I had to distance myself from her because the bad things she said about me were getting to be too much, and I am glad to have fallen out of touch with her since then.
Yes you did the right thing.its always a wise move to distance yourself from such people and live peacefully

SazzadHN

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Dhaka, Bangladesh
NOC Code......
Back from hibernation.

Draw in the first week means we surely can expect another draw in August or more than one (being hopeful) :)

Let's all pray to which ever God's we believe in and be hopeful.

I saw alot of people spread negative message here on a facade of being realistic.....Be realistic guys but don't be negative. To all such people, I would like to quote Bambi to you - "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all" :)

Cheers. Let the hope remain!
Great one! Boosted my morale by 10000 times! :) :) :)

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
I am actually feeling very confident about three draws this month! :p

About this whole optimism/ pessimism thing, I get where you and a lot of the more popular members on this forum are coming from. However, I think this phrase, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all," is rather insidious. In my books, it is too dangerously close to censorship. Who is to judge what is right or wrong, what is nice or not nice. In the interest of keeping the lines of communication open for all, and allowing all to express their ideas, hopes, and fears, I think we shouldn't suggest to anyone to be silent.

Again, this is not aimed at you @Globetrotter2017, because this post of yours is rather innocuous (In fact I even liked the general idea of it.) I also have nothing against those who have expressed sympathy towards the pessimists. I see their point, albeit I would take a more empathetic stance. My beef is with those that ridicule and sarcastically put down those who have even the slightest negative opinion. Of course, I am not suggesting that they shut up either, cos that would make me no better than them. I am just asking that they reflect on how their derogatory comments about the pessimists are actually in itself negative...

I say welcome to one and all on this forum, and I encourage everyone to speak, whatever your ideas may be. Who knows where important thoughts can come from.... I think this is the true spirit of Canada....
Everyone has a right to express his/her views and thats the freedom of expression and is a world norm for peace and prosperity.

Nevertheless i also believe that there shouldn't be name calling in the name of freedom of expression and opine that certain posts though pessimistic or optimistic should be generic rather than addressed.

I agree every one will have their point of view and the once which we dont like or agree to should not be negated

rajeshnsuma

Jul 26, 2016
Any idea if the ITAs issued of 54,500 till 02.08.2017 includes non-OINP nominations as well (I know OINP nomination based applications are included) ? CIC targets 71,700 FSW/FST/CEC and 51,500 PNP admissions i.e. a total of 123,200 ITAs for 2017. So less than 50% spots are taken. Am I right here?

Reactions: Mithu3

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Any idea if the ITAs issued of 54,500 till 02.08.2017 includes non-OINP nominations as well (I know OINP nomination based applications are included) ? CIC targets 71,700 FSW/FST/CEC and 51,500 PNP admissions i.e. a total of 123,200 ITAs for 2017. So less than 50% spots are taken. Am I right here?
These are the number of immigrants they are targeting and not the number of ITAs. A lot of ITAs are declined, many applications rejected during completeness check and later during eligibility. In addition to this, 1 ITA may result in anywhere between 1 to 4/5 immigrants. We can't really compare the target with the number of ITAs.

mqamar1994

Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-07-2017
Nomination.....
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
These are the number of immigrants they are targeting and not the number of ITAs. A lot of ITAs are declined, many applications rejected during completeness check and later during eligibility. In addition to this, 1 ITA may result in anywhere between 1 to 4/5 immigrants. We can't really compare the target with the number of ITAs.
Rightly said. Even if the number of ITAs are less their target can be met or vice versa if many people decline ITAs

Muelsayed

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
The 54k of ITAs are mainly FSW and little PNP the coming rounds will focus on PNP

cookie.monster

Jul 25, 2017
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-10-2018
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2019
LANDED..........
26-06-2019
I don't think there will be a draw next week (i hope to be wrong).

69th draw: 16 august CRS 435
70th draw: 30 august CRS 430
71st draw: mid september CRS 425
Yes 69th draw if on 16 august, could drop the score by 435 +/-1

Muelsayed

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
According to my calculation the invitations given to PNP in 2017 till August 2 is not more than 6000