+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 68th Draw

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
You bet! A very small country with shopping centres everywhere! Please tell me there are more shopping centres in Canada :oops:

I haven't checked the F1 schedule yet, but yes there will be different performers for each day. And you are right with the atmosphere here, from the Great Singapore Sale on June-July, followed by the National Day (also a big event here) in 2 weeks time, then the Grand Prix on September. Oh, did I just list some of the things I am definitely going to miss in Singapore? o_O
We have Calvin Harris and One republic coming too. But the one I am excited about is Chainsmokers.

I managed to get invited to the VIP suites last year (Friend works for a big oil company). Trying to coax her into getting me in this year too. Fingers crossed!

Might or might not be the last F1 for Singapore, but may it be the last Singapore F1 for you and me! Cheers!

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
We have Calvin Harris and One republic coming too. But the one I am excited about is Chainsmokers.

I managed to get invited to the VIP suites last year (Friend works for a big oil company). Trying to coax her into getting me in this year too. Fingers crossed!

Might or might not be the last F1 for Singapore, but may it be the last Singapore F1 for you and me! Cheers!
My company also gives ticket to the F1. Hopefully I will get one again as this may be my last ;)

Are you going to watch the National Day Parade or pre-NDP?

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
My company also gives ticket to the F1. Hopefully I will get one again as this may be my last ;)

Are you going to watch the National Day Parade or pre-NDP?
You're so lucky. Are you in Oil and Gas industry. The architectural world has no perks whatsoever. Sigh!

I thought only Singaporeans can go for the NDP parade? I don't think I will go to see the fireworks this year. Really busy sorting out my future at the moment. :)

shaun75

Jun 28, 2017
Northern Ireland
NOC Code......
That I'm confused? ;-)

Yes, having friends to share the journey definitely helps. Ironically, even though I'm applying with my husband, I feel more like I'm on this journey with you guys!
I know exactly what you mean about going on this journey with the people here. I've been trying to move to Canada for many years, some years more seriously than others. But since I've found the people on this forum it's like I now have people to share that excitement with. People to encourage me when I'm down. People who understand why we would put ourselves, and our families, through such a test of endurance.

I've had a love affair with Canada since I first went there in 96 and I've been back lots of times for work since. But this pull to Canada is most definitely from me and not my wife. She is happy to go because she knows how much I want to live there and she and the kids have been there with me for a long period in 2013. She does really like it there, but it's my dream, not hers.

I know why I want to live there. There are plenty of pull factors and a few push factors from here. The weather - even the winters. The culture. The multicultural nature of the people. The employment prospects for my children. In the UK we are lucky in that we have a great education and health care system the same as Canada, but Canada doesn't have the same sectarianism as we have in Northern Ireland.

My wife keeps asking me for my number one reason why I want to move and leave the good life, nice house and well paid job I have here. It's really hard to put my finger on it, but I genuinely feel happier when I'm there. Maybe it's the bright blue skies - yes even in the winter. Maybe it's that I feel that the children will grow up with a brighter future there outside our sectarian country.

Can I ask others to tell me what's the number one reason why they want to move to Canada? Is anyone else having to convince their partners to make the move and if so what's their approach?

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
You're so lucky. Are you in Oil and Gas industry. The architectural world has no perks whatsoever. Sigh!

I thought only Singaporeans can go for the NDP parade? I don't think I will go to see the fireworks this year. Really busy sorting out my future at the moment. :)
Nope, healthcare. I only go there to see the fireworks. My last one was 2 years ago. As I am already expecting it to be my last year here so I might as well see it for the last time.

ankush91

Jun 29, 2017
i respectfully disagree both are pvt ltd company and like any other company their moto will be to make money as much as they can, and hence i have reasonable belief that they may tend to give less score for money anyways no need to argue on this since there is nothing we can do about, if you cant chase them join them thats the harsh reality
Whatever floats your boat buddy. There's a difference between making money and being a crook.

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
I know exactly what you mean about going on this journey with the people here. I've been trying to move to Canada for many years, some years more seriously than others. But since I've found the people on this forum it's like I now have people to share that excitement with. People to encourage me when I'm down. People who understand why we would put ourselves, and our families, through such a test of endurance.

I've had a love affair with Canada since I first went there in 96 and I've been back lots of times for work since. But this pull to Canada is most definitely from me and not my wife. She is happy to go because she knows how much I want to live there and she and the kids have been there with me for a long period in 2013. She does really like it there, but it's my dream, not hers.

I know why I want to live there. There are plenty of pull factors and a few push factors from here. The weather - even the winters. The culture. The multicultural nature of the people. The employment prospects for my children. In the UK we are lucky in that we have a great education and health care system the same as Canada, but Canada doesn't have the same sectarianism as we have in Northern Ireland.

My wife keeps asking me for my number one reason why I want to move and leave the good life, nice house and well paid job I have here. It's really hard to put my finger on it, but I genuinely feel happier when I'm there. Maybe it's the bright blue skies - yes even in the winter. Maybe it's that I feel that the children will grow up with a brighter future there outside our sectarian country.

Can I ask others to tell me what's the number one reason why they want to move to Canada? Is anyone else having to convince their partners to make the move and if so what's their approach?
from India to Canada the reasons would be obvious...there are a number of things summed up as 'quality of life' (I do respect my country,but I'd love to live & make Canada my country)
The comparatively liberal,welcoming attitude of ppl (like you said,non sectarian) & supportive government, the beautiful landscape & large number of lakes & parks ,the governments vision of growing Canada into a better economy promising employment.....
the lively big cities .....
I like it....
btn Canada & Ireland,my reasons would exactly be what all you listed....
& there is Alaska , Alex honnold ....
Canada is broad minded ....if you're open,I'm sure like here in this forum,you'll get a wonderful community as well in ur neighbourhood...
It is a great place to live on earth ...so is Ireland & India ...but we'll all give Canada a chance to keep us all for a while

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
thanks
for cic , the noc code matching is done based on the duties and responsibilities that you've handled (than the designation) ...if your duties and roles match to a great extent (70% and above ) to the listed noc,then can't you edit ur noc code to match what has been listed by sinp...?
if they have listed an noc (say 0121) then if your noc is 0123,they might not grant you nomination even if the NOCs are related...
but you'll surely get their attention if you edit your noc to 0121 if your duties and responsibilities match 70% to 0121...
---
You may please wait for seniors inputs as well...
---
if so closely related you may take the chance...more than designation,the roles & responsibilities need to match with the cic listed ones under particular noc...

Reactions: lino82

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
And now the long week!

Fingers crossed for this Wednesday. Any predictions in the house?
my profile showing updated with the message:

Application summary:
The dependants listed include all those you put in your application. They may or may not be coming with you to Canada if we approve your application.
do you what is that please!

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016

hi,

Application summary:
The dependants listed include all those you put in your application. They may or may not be coming with you to Canada if we approve your application.

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
Most of us scramble around for our PCCs and medicals after we get ITA :DYou're quite proactive :p
hi Wandering Mind,

Application summary: