+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 66th Draw

Ornela Forsyte

Star Member
May 18, 2017
ok....Quick question, I still am i bit confused. If I receive a NOI, does that mean I have to accept it and then the six months 'kicks in' or I just leave it and when I have all the documents then I accept it and have two weeks to submit...
You don't have to accept anything. you have six months to apply, and if you open a ONe-key profile, you have 14 days to submit your application. If you aren't ready within the 14 day time frame, you can always delete your ONe-key profile and open a new one.
All the very best!

mytimet

Star Member
Feb 26, 2017
While everyone is waiting for a draw, I wanted to share a picture of CIC I took last year when I was waiting for ITA.. we expected points to drop below 450 since October.. and they did, in February. And now, CIC is trying to steal summer too.. come on CIC where is your heart.
Let's hope that they'll be stealing all of us away for the summer

mek111

Jun 17, 2017
Google has been fined with 2.42 bn euros fine by EU. What the heck is going on over there! lol. EU can i get 1% of that at least. I paid taxes for 7.5 years in EU and got nothing much in return. Maybe its the time you be lil graceful to me hehehe
Which country have you lived in EU?

Lyssiej

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
USA
Category........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
A wait this long is unprecedented, plus they are going to be scrambling to meet the quota, AND they are already hinting that next year's quota will be even higher, starting in October.

So, I think we may see more than 3 back-to-back draws. It would completely make sense. Changing the rules to accommodate tiebreakers says that they are expecting to go into lower point values where there are a lot more applicants per point. Ontario saying they will go below 400 says that they anticipate EE going down to 400.

This long wait has been them getting the infrastructure ready to REALLY drop the points. I feel sure of it!

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
I like the idea of creative accountants :)

I did find this calculator https://simpletax.ca/calculator that seems to back up what you were saying.

I'm also worried about the cost of living to be honest. I have seen what I can earn (hopefully) but just having a number doesn't really mean much without knowing the cost of living (house, power, water, car, internet, food) and the added costs of enjoying living (eating out, drinking, holidays etc)

It's probably my biggest worry about looking at moving to Canada right now
Dont worry about any of that my friend. This is a place where anyone can adapt and live a peaceful life. After all its a land of immigrants. Some people are suoer rich but again there are people who dont have enough but still live a decent life. And if you're ready to work hard you'll be making shit loads of money. Ahahah.. I'll do my best to help you out :)

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
I like the idea of creative accountants :)

I did find this calculator https://simpletax.ca/calculator that seems to back up what you were saying.

I'm also worried about the cost of living to be honest. I have seen what I can earn (hopefully) but just having a number doesn't really mean much without knowing the cost of living (house, power, water, car, internet, food) and the added costs of enjoying living (eating out, drinking, holidays etc)

It's probably my biggest worry about looking at moving to Canada right now
If you were to rent a 2 b condo you're rent would be aeound 1100-1400 $
Hydro(electricity-power) depends on your usage but nirmally for ana avergae householf it ranges between 50-70$
Water is sometimes included in rent or else its around the same as hydro
You could get a decent car for $5000-$12000 ( you could get really cheap ones for around $2000 ). I purchased my 2012 ford focus titanium for 10999 and I pay $198/month for a 5 year term. Food might cost you about $200-300(family of 3-4) a month if you cook or $500 if you do take out.

CA_India

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Hi, Today is my birthday and I am at 444 points. Just wanted to know that since the draw would be after today, so do I have to update my profile in a certain manner so that the points are disclosed at 439 (5 points getting reduced due to age factor) or is it done by the system automatically.

Also, what is the cut off date when the draw happens? Like if the draw happens tomorrow, then the ITAs would be sent basis the CRS scores table as on 28 June or a little prior to that.

Thanks in advance.