App. Filed.......
20-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
IELTS Request
29-04-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017
So guys and gals, I´m having my IELTS tomorrow. Quick question: Is it a good strategy to do a Listening practice test at home before heading to the actual test?
From my personal experience, don't attempt any test on the morning of the Exam I tried the same and got 34 in the practice test. As a result, I was quite nervous before the actual exam. Eventually , I did manage to score a 8.5 though.

You just need to close all preparation the night before the exam and just relax. IELTS is not that difficult, you will crack it. Just need to stay calm and composed.

Sharat

Jun 14, 2017
I have been to UK four years ago and stayed for a year.I have never travelled again to that country.If I get a PCC now will the 6 month validity apply to it as well or since I have taken PCC after I left and never travelled to that country is it okie?

Reactions: 4RyL

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
I completely agree. IELTS is key to get 400+ score. Till last month we were at 344. I reattempted IELTS and got CLB 9 (had to got writing reevaluated). And then my wife also gave the IELTS again and she also got CLB 9. With the grace of God, we are at 448 now... Keeping fingers crossed... And waiting for the draw now.
Could u plz help me how u prepared urself to achieve clb9??? Am taking ilets on 29th july

andy12345

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
British council is not brutal. At least they allow you to go with some supervisor around. IDP doesn't let you go anywhere. Wanna go pee? Pee in your place, that's what they don't say but want you to and that is BRUTAL :p
I have to disagree with that. I guess it depends on the testing center and more like Moderator.

I have had bad experience with BC they didn't allow me to use the restroom and even if I did, I would have wasted more than 5 minutes of time going to restroom and come back while on the other hand, IDP allowed me to use bathroom. Although the break was during the Writing task, I managed to squeeze in over 400 words for task 2 within 45 minutes and I literally had 12 minutes or less to finish task 1. At least the result was in my favor. Got lucky I guess.

4RyL

Jun 6, 2017
I have been to UK four years ago and stayed for a year.I have never travelled again to that country.If I get a PCC now will the 6 month validity apply to it as well or since I have taken PCC after I left and never travelled to that country is it okie?
Yes it is. It is valise once you do not go there again before the application for the permanent residence is made. Just apply for it now... I stayed there for 18 minutes maths and have not been there since I left. I do not have an ITA now but I have applied for the PCC just last Tuesday

Reactions: Sharat

goingtocanadasoon

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
I have to disagree with that. I guess it depends on the testing center and more like Moderator.

I have had bad experience with BC they didn't allow me to use the restroom and even if I did, I would have wasted more than 5 minutes of time going to restroom and come back while on the other hand, IDP allowed me to use bathroom. Although the break was during the Writing task, I managed to squeeze in over 400 words for task 2 within 45 minutes and I literally had 12 minutes or less to finish task 1. At least the result was in my favor. Got lucky I guess.
Yeah, guess you are right that it depends more on the moderator than or IDP or BC.