+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RAY of HOPE 53rd Draw (Predictions)

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I was going through some old posts on this forum and came across the below post from March 2015

spouse's ielts is not a must.
Hurry with your EE application. 390 is a good score.
You will sure get ITA within a couple of months

I am not sure what made the poster believe that a score of 390 would fetch an ITA within the next couple of months. And, he was not the only one who thought that 390 was a really good score. I wasn't in the EE pool until a year later so not sure what the situation was like back then. I just hope we aren't going to be in the same situation as those guys. Didn't want to post this negative sounding thought in the ray of hope thread but just couldn't hold myself back.

sunchaser

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Going by the number of pages on this thread, i won't be surprised if the number of pages (35th so far) takes over the draw number (eg 53rd draw) pretty soon. People are excited, and that's a very positive sign! Let's keep the hopes high, and wish everyone good luck for ITAs soon :) 8) 8)

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
vabs200 said:
Guys, I was going through some old posts on this forum and came across the below post from March 2015

I am not sure what made the poster believe that a score of 390 would fetch an ITA within the next couple of months. And, he was not the only one who thought that 390 was a really good score. I wasn't in the EE pool until a year later so not sure what the situation was like back then. I just hope we aren't going to be in the same situation as those guys. Didn't want to post this negative sounding thought in the ray of hope thread but just couldn't hold myself back.
I saw that I think s/he better apply for spouse IELTS

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
vabs200 said:

At the time I think the scores had dropped quickly and seemed to be on a downward trend. I was at 440 then and when it hit 450 I started getting everything ready. Then... Well... We all know what happened.

At one point it definitely seemed plausible.

With the November changes I see it back on the edge of the table again.

Jan 24, 2017
I applied in early September, got accepted into the pool a month later and completely forgot about it. I kept waiting for an email, no doubt, hoping I would get an ITA but I had not bothered to check any forums or discussion boards. But reading all of this is giving me such jitters. With every post, I am thinking maybe I should re-do my IELTS, maybe I should start my prayers. I am at 448 and hoping I would get an ITA in the next couple of draws.

Truth be told, my bigger worry is getting a job post getting PR. I wonder how most ppl here don't discuss that. Is there an other forum/post where people discuss jobs?

Anyway, all the best to everyone here. I hope we all get to live our dreams.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
ShouldIShouldntI said:
I applied in early September, got accepted into the pool a month later and completely forgot about it. I kept waiting for an email, no doubt, hoping I would get an ITA but I had not bothered to check any forums or discussion boards. But reading all of this is giving me such jitters. With every post, I am thinking maybe I should re-do my IELTS, maybe I should start my prayers. I am at 448 and hoping I would get an ITA in the next couple of draws.

Truth be told, my bigger worry is getting a job post getting PR. I wonder how most ppl here don't discuss that. Is there an other forum/post where people discuss jobs?

Anyway, all the best to everyone here. I hope we all get to live our dreams.
+1 and yes I am also trying to investigate more about the provinces, cities, what would best suit my interests/occupation etc.

Maybe here you can find something http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/finding-work-in-canada-b21.0/

jtoc

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Finally after continuous follow-up with the courier guy, received my ielts TRF. Have revised the application with new score. However, the points didn't change. I've read, it takes time for the changes to reflect. My question is - How much time? I certainly do not want to miss out on tomorrow's ITA.

Thanks in advance, cheers!

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
jtoc said:
Finally after continuous follow-up with the courier guy, received my ielts TRF. Have revised the application with new score. However, the points didn't change. I've read, it takes time for the changes to reflect. My question is - How much time? I certainly do not want to miss out on tomorrow's ITA.

Thanks in advance, cheers!
Usually takes about 24 hours.
Don't worry you wouldn't miss the next draw. :)

All the best.

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
At the time I think the scores had dropped quickly and seemed to be on a downward trend. I was at 440 then and when it hit 450 I started getting everything ready. Then... Well... We all know what happened.

At one point it definitely seemed plausible.

With the November changes I see it back on the edge of the table again.
Good insight from an experienced member. I hope this time it finally happens and the scores actually drop. I believe that time scores went up because the number of ITAs came down, which is unlikely to be the case this time around. All said and done, we'll know for sure by tomorrow :)

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
450 here and I think I should wait for Feb 8th.

Another 9 point drop, from 459 to 450 doesn't seem likely in the upcoming draw.

pocomonkey

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14/02/17
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13/02/17
Escobar Gaviria said:
450 here and I think I should wait for Feb 8th.

Another 9 point drop, from 459 to 450 doesn't seem likely in the upcoming draw.
I agree - I'm at 451. I will take any drop from 459 though - as long as it's going in the right direction!

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
barbs said:
CEC applicants are not required to show proof of fund. As quoted on CIC website "Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience
Class, or that you have a valid job offer"
If that's the case, people might show their Canadian work experience by showing false T4s and other supporting documents. In such cases, how would the govt ensure that the Canadian experience is legitimate.