+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

jesse1120

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
I have an invite from SINP which is in 'application received' status since 5 months. Started learning French as plan B and it is quite interesting.
French will give you points but it won't matter if FSW draws don't happen :( Good that you received the nomination, should be safe enough for you.

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
French will give you points but it won't matter if FSW draws don't happen :( Good that you received the nomination, should be safe enough for you.
But I want to be ready with a higher score in the next 6-9 months, whenever FSW resumes. If I keep waiting for FSW draws to resume and then start with French, it is valuable time wasted. Already I repent for not starting it last year August when the scores started going higher. That time also I was anticipating that scores will drop or b2b draw will help and I lost 5 points in October waiting for the score drop. Also, learning a new language is exciting.

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
What's Plan B for most of the FSW people here?
Our plan B is to go on a work permit at first. Not the ideal option, but it could be an option...My husband has a job offer, he is just waiting for his paperwork to come through (there's a lot of it!). If all goes well with that and no FSW draws by then, we'll leave the profile in the pool and take the work permit route.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I wonder what the specific reason is that FSW draws aren't being conducted. My two options thus far are international borders still being closed (not sure when that will change for Canada), or the fact that visa application centers are still gradually reopening. Those both seem like plausible reasons. Just wish I knew what to expect.

EropbI4

May 29, 2020
I wonder what the specific reason is that FSW draws aren't being conducted. My two options thus far are international borders still being closed (not sure when that will change for Canada), or the fact that visa application centers are still gradually reopening. Those both seem like plausible reasons. Just wish I knew what to expect.
These 2 reasons make sense, let's wait till 1st of July when travel restrictions should come to end.

Reactions: kolkata2019

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Our plan B is to go on a work permit at first. Not the ideal option, but it could be an option...My husband has a job offer, he is just waiting for his paperwork to come through (there's a lot of it!). If all goes well with that and no FSW draws by then, we'll leave the profile in the pool and take the work permit route.
I do not want to sound negative but these last 6 months, there have been innumerable refusals of SOWP despite the spouse studying there with their kid back home and strong ties to the nation
A friend of mine -> well off family -> his wife went on a 2 years Master Degree program -> he applied right after his wife got study permint approved -> his SOWP refused -> she completed a semester there -> she got a personal recommendation letter there -> he showed strong ties, prepared superb SOP, provided all his work related docs, college letter -> again refusal. He is now not sure what to do. Two refusals and he is not willing to submit SOWP and lost all hopes.
Not only him but a well-known consultant to me has also same the same.
Buddy, to put it in simple terms, they do not want anyone from outside now (apart from relatives of PRs and Citizens) and that is why even students will study here from online.
My classmate got a work permit (processed by Wipro) during March -> applied SOWP for his wife -> got the status yesterday and this is the message 'Thanks for applying but you do not meet the requirements of SOWP' and his wife will have to apply once again.
I wanted to say this yesterday night but since I saw this msg of yours now, I wanted to convey this to you all
Still, go ahead and apply. If you are lucky you will certainly get it but be prepared for the worst and have a real plan B

nat.abramovich

Apr 18, 2019
Think about it, given that most of immigrants are coming from India, country is experiencing more than 12000 covid positive cases a day . Why would have Canada put their own nation under the risk?
Central America is also having their worst days of their lives.
Another things is as you said Are the VAC offices. As 80% of them are closed, they arent able to function st their full capacity.FSW requires international vac offices throughout the world, as the candidates live in foreign countries, not in Canada.

Reactions: Rohit22

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Think about it, given that most of immigrants are coming from India, country is experiencing more than 12000 covid positive cases a day . Why would have Canada put their own nation under the risk?
Central America is also having their worst days of their lives.
Another things is as you said Are the VAC offices. As 80% of them are closed, they arent able to function st their full capacity.FSW requires international vac offices throughout the world, as the candidates live in foreign countries, not in Canada.
FSWs applying now would only be able to arrive minimum around beginning 2021, and when they did, could still be required to quarantine. So, I don't think I'm putting anyone in Canada at risk by receiving an ITA now.

The visa centers thing, yeah, we'll all just need to keep checking the VFS website to see which ones are reopening. It seems more and more are reopening all around the world, which is a good sign.

Reactions: palak63

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
My fi
FSWs applying now would only be able to arrive minimum around beginning 2021, and when they did, could still be required to quarantine. So, I don't think I'm putting anyone in Canada at risk by receiving an ITA now.

The visa centers thing, yeah, we'll all just need to keep checking the VFS website to see which ones are reopening. It seems more and more are reopening all around the world, which is a good sign.
Yeah, so students coming to Pearson Airport by December won't be any risk and they are allowed?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020

FSW applications cannot be finalised either, at the moment. None of the applicants have received COPRs recently. I guess only when we start seeing them receiving COPRs, FSW draws will resume. At the moment, I would keep myself from being negative.
VFS offices are gradually reopening. But most of them don't accept applications for Canada at the moment. Let's keep watching.