+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

sealco

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
FSW will be this week only.............I am sure..........................I know it will be hard becauuse of job loss but it is fine most Canadian are lazy and dont want to work because they getting benefits from government so Canada wants people to help economy...........FSW like me will work hard
You are clearly misinformed. I wonder if you've ever even set foot in Canada. It's grossly wrong for you to say that 'most Canadians are lazy and don't want to work.' If you already have such a negative, false, and preconceived attitude about Canadians, it's better you stay right where you are. Most people here, Canadian or not, work very hard. How insulting!!!

nat.abramovich

Apr 18, 2019
You are clearly misinformed. I wonder if you've ever even set foot in Canada. It's grossly wrong for you to say that 'most Canadians are lazy and don't want to work.' If you already have such a negative, false, and preconceived attitude about Canadians, it's better you stay right where you are. Most people here, Canadian or not, work very hard. How insulting!!!
Have lived in Canada for many years, canadians are extremely hard working people. Thats is the reaon why Canda is so successful and makes me want to stay here permanently. Wanna be part of this successful,hardwokring society and contribute to Canada and the worl in general. So , this guy probably reads too many forums , and hears stuff from the people who ve never been to this amazing country!

Reactions: scylla and sealco

sealco

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Have lived in Canada for many years, canadians are extremely hard working people. Thats is the reaon why Canda is so successful and makes me want to stay here permanently. Wanna be part of this successful,hardwokring society and contribute to Canada and the worl in general. So , this guy probably reads too many forums , and hears stuff from the people who ve never been to this amazing country!
Yes, I agree. I love this country and also want to stay permanently. I work hard and I work with some amazing, hard-working Canadians and non-Canadians.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Yes, I agree. I love this country and also want to stay permanently. I work hard and I work with some amazing, hard-working Canadians and non-Canadians.
There are a lot of dogmas running around this forum of late. I mean, how can anyone rationalize what he actually said? Canadians are lazy? Where do people even get these theories from?

Truthfully, there are reports that people are refusing to take up jobs but that doesn't translate to anyone being lazy. It could be that people are even scared of getting infected with Covid19.

I understand a lot of people (myself inclusive) wants to get in but downtalking Canadians won't get anyone anywhere. It's their country and if they've actually been lazy down the years, there would not be anything to attract new immigrants into the country.

UAE is one of the easiest place to go to for work but how many people actually go there? Not much. That could be attributed to the arabs being over-reliant on oil.

People need to stay guided and stop passing wrong information.

Reactions: Marziyeh

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
CERB payments are like water drops in the ocean. It is not enough for your monthly expenses. It is meant to supplement your emergency fund (if there's any). While there are Canadians reluctant to work, it's not because they are lazy, they are scared of getting infected by the virus which could mean they can't take care of vulnerable people in their family. Worst case scenario, their family members could get infected because of them. A colleague of mine (an essential worker just like me) had to move out of his house to ensure his family does not contract this virus.

Reactions: scylla

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
There are a lot of dogmas running around this forum of late. I mean, how can anyone rationalize what he actually said? Canadians are lazy? Where do people even get these theories from?

Truthfully, there are reports that people are refusing to take up jobs but that doesn't translate to anyone being lazy. It could be that people are even scared of getting infected with Covid19.

I understand a lot of people (myself inclusive) wants to get in but downtalking Canadians won't get anyone anywhere. It's their country and if they've actually been lazy down the years, there would not be anything to attract new immigrants into the country.

UAE is one of the easiest place to go to for work but how many people actually go there? Not much. That could be attributed to the arabs being over-reliant on oil.

People need to stay guided and stop passing wrong information.
Speaking as someone from the Middle East, the attraction to the west is that people can eventually settle down permanently. There is no such thing as PR there in Dubai and Saudi unless you are an extremely high net worth individual. This includes people who are born and raised there.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Speaking as someone from the Middle East, the attraction to the west is that people can eventually settle down permanently. There is no such thing as PR there in Dubai and Saudi unless you are an extremely high net worth individual. This includes people who are born and raised there.
That's exactly my point. There's a huge difference between the elites and the "normal" residents but that's not the case in the west. Everyone is entitled to basic things like health care and welfare but it's all man for himself in the middle east. I might be wrong about the middle east because my facts are sketchy though.

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
That's exactly my point. There's a huge difference between the elites and the "normal" residents but that's not the case in the west. Everyone is entitled to basic things like health care and welfare but it's all man for himself in the middle east. I might be wrong about the middle east because my facts are sketchy though.
Healthcare is free to all residents of Dubai. There is a gap that is widening and it’s true but that is the case worldwide. Watch the movie Parasite which is an examination of this phenomenon. It won the Oscar for Best Picture this year.

I did forget to mention that I know two people who are naturalized citizens of gulf countries. It is possible though rare. The two speak Arabic fluently and are now completely integrated with Khaleeji Arab culture after living there.

Reactions: Timbuktu_14

SlyDigits

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-05-2019
Currently, if you follow the October, November and December 2019 threads, you will notice that:
  • CEC-Inland applicants are getting their CoPRs
  • PNP-Inland applicants are getting their CoPRs
On the other side, here are the applicants who's applications are probably on hold or being processed really slowly:
  • FSW-Inland Applicants: Processing is either slow OR they are NOT getting their CoPRs even if processing is complete (i.e. final decision is made)
  • FSW-Outland Applicants: Processing is either slow OR they are NOT getting their CoPRs even if processing is complete (i.e. final decision is made)
  • PNP-Outland Applicants: Processing is either slow OR they are NOT getting their CoPRs even if processing is complete (i.e. final decision is made)
I am in PNP-Outland category (AOR- December 06th 2019 and OINP) and have crossed 6-months of processing time.

I am not aware if there are any CEC-Outland Applicants but you are free to go through the forums and check that for yourself.

That said, I believe it might be a decent gauge of what IRCC's intentions are.

if they are not processing applications that are already in the system (or not issuing final decisions), they might not want to take in more applications for these categories. I feel that once they start releasing PPRs for these applicants, FSW draws will open - so keeping an eye on these forums might be a better gauge of when you can expect general draws to restart - and more worth your time.

For those pointing at PNP-FSW draws, remember that PNP only picks out Express Entry profiles of candidates who are in industries with extreme shortage of labour/work force. So they might get picked from the pool - However, being picked from the pool does not mean that they are being processed the same as inland candidates - all outland PNPs are either still being processed or not being given PPRs, if processing is complete - so being picked is no indication or guarantee of processing.

It might just be a more logical way to predict draws than simply guessing based on questionable data.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Currently, if you follow the October, November and December 2019 threads, you will notice that:
  • CEC-Inland applicants are getting their CoPRs
  • PNP-Inland applicants are getting their CoPRs
On the other side, here are the applicants who's applications are probably on hold or being processed really slowly:
  • FSW-Inland Applicants: Processing is either slow OR they are NOT getting their CoPRs even if processing is complete (i.e. final decision is made)
  • FSW-Outland Applicants: Processing is either slow OR they are NOT getting their CoPRs even if processing is complete (i.e. final decision is made)
  • PNP-Outland Applicants: Processing is either slow OR they are NOT getting their CoPRs even if processing is complete (i.e. final decision is made)
I am in PNP-Outland category (AOR- December 06th 2019 and OINP) and have crossed 6-months of processing time.

I am not aware if there are any CEC-Outland Applicants but you are free to go through the forums and check that for yourself.

That said, I believe it might be a decent gauge of what IRCC's intentions are.

if they are not processing applications that are already in the system (or not issuing final decisions), they might not want to take in more applications for these categories. I feel that once they start releasing PPRs for these applicants, FSW draws will open - so keeping an eye on these forums might be a better gauge of when you can expect general draws to restart - and more worth your time.

For those pointing at PNP-FSW draws, remember that PNP only picks out Express Entry profiles of candidates who are in industries with extreme shortage of labour/work force. So they might get picked from the pool - However, being picked from the pool does not mean that they are being processed the same as inland candidates - all outland PNPs are either still being processed or not being given PPRs, if processing is complete - so being picked is no indication or guarantee of processing.

It might just be a more logical way to predict draws than simply guessing based on questionable data.
What you said is totally logical, and it also dawned to me that Canada has not issued COPRs to FSW applicants.
But this is far from being a negative sight. To me, Canada is trying to meet its annual targets of additional PR holders. So they will definitely continue various immigration programs, unlike some people who keep on speculating about immigration is coming to an end.

Reactions: Sharanm7

SlyDigits

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-05-2019
What you said is totally logical, and it also dawned to me that Canada has not issued COPRs to FSW applicants.
But this is far from being a negative sight. To me, Canada is trying to meet its annual targets of additional PR holders. So they will definitely continue various immigration programs, unlike some people who keep on speculating about immigration is coming to an end.
To be entirely honest, I am not quite sure if the "annual targets" are still a priority for IRCC at this point in time. The general approach to tourism/immigration - at least what the European Union, New Zealand and Australia seem to display - is that for the immediate future, there will be no inter-country travel.

The Schengen zone will only remove tourist-travel ban by 1st July. Even then, the ban will only be removed for countries within the EU - travellers from other countries won't be allowed. Yes, some countries are opening up quicker, but again - it's only for EU travellers.

EU Immigration rules are much more strict - Canada is quite lenient in the way economic migrants are invited - without jobs or existing family in Canada.

Here's an interesting article about Travel Corridors and what the future of international travel might be. It's all speculation of course - but there's no real way of knowing what lies ahead.

Already, the virus has evolved to the point where different regions are showing different strains of the virus - and people seem to think the worst is over. It may be or it may not be over - the fact is, no one knows where things are headed and what the new "normal" might be.

Focusing on the real markers - like issuing PPRs to Outland applicants - will probably help ease the disappointment every two weeks.

That said, each to their own!

Reactions: joconstantine

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
To be entirely honest, I am not quite sure if the "annual targets" are still a priority for IRCC at this point in time. The general approach to tourism/immigration - at least what the European Union, New Zealand and Australia seem to display - is that for the immediate future, there will be no inter-country travel.

The Schengen zone will only remove tourist-travel ban by 1st July. Even then, the ban will only be removed for countries within the EU - travellers from other countries won't be allowed. Yes, some countries are opening up quicker, but again - it's only for EU travellers.

EU Immigration rules are much more strict - Canada is quite lenient in the way economic migrants are invited - without jobs or existing family in Canada.

Here's an interesting article about Travel Corridors and what the future of international travel might be. It's all speculation of course - but there's no real way of knowing what lies ahead.

Already, the virus has evolved to the point where different regions are showing different strains of the virus - and people seem to think the worst is over. It may be or it may not be over - the fact is, no one knows where things are headed and what the new "normal" might be.

Focusing on the real markers - like issuing PPRs to Outland applicants - will probably help ease the disappointment every two weeks.

That said, each to their own!
I saw someone on Facebook report that he received COPR last week. He was an FSW candidate from USA who applied last October.
I know this does not prove whether Canada will resume all-category draws soon or not. Probably you would not need to worry too much. I hope you will receive COPR soon.

SlyDigits

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-05-2019
I saw someone on Facebook report that he received COPR last week. He was an FSW candidate from USA who applied last October.
I know this does not prove whether Canada will resume all-category draws soon or not. Probably you would not need to worry too much. I hope you will receive COPR soon.
I don't read too much into anything - good or bad. If its something to do with my application, IRCC will ask me directly.

I am just focused on keeping my life going as smoothly as possible - COVID-19 has been bad for my business and I don't want to ruin what I've spent over a decade building.

If immigration happens, then great! If not, life goes on.