+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
I think ircc will not pick cec only candidates with scores below 420 as they need some quality immigrants nd they are surely gonna resume to fsw draws for that..... I can see a fsw draw before july or even earlier.... So cheer up all fsw'ians
Anyone in a noc 0 a.b skilled job is a great candidate regardless of the score becasue that what they want a skilled immigrant.

Reactions: Sunilneha

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
He's a former visa officer so maybe he has better information. Anyway, the point is that there is not much implication for the general draw.
I know who you are talking about. He really did say in this Q&A that it does not have anything to do with the regular draws.

No one but IRCC knows what kind of draw it's going to be this week. We can only speculate. It must be hard for FSW candidates who have been waiting anxiously since March. My thoughts go to them, especially the ones who would have received an ITA if it wasn't for COVID-19 screwing up everything.

nat.abramovich

Apr 18, 2019
What about people who spent their savings on canadian degrees , having worked for year and gone back their home countries , who has said bye to Canada because of high crs numbers??? You have no idea what cec applicants have gone through , so dont say what you arent aware of .
I know who you are talking about. He really did say in this Q&A that it does not have anything to do with the regular draws.

No one but IRCC knows what kind of draw it's going to be this week. We can only speculate. It must be hard for FSW candidates who have been waiting anxiously since March. My thoughts go to them, especially the ones who would have received an ITA if it wasn't for COVID-19 screwing up everything.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
What about people who spent their savings on canadian degrees , having worked for year and gone back their home countries , who has said bye to Canada because of high crs numbers??? You have no idea what cec applicants have gone through , so dont say what you arent aware of .
Well, then they should have not rested on their laurels and should have built a solid plan to continue on Canada. Bro, it's a competition. Come on, wake up.
If someone that does not live in an english-spoken country can outperform a college student that has been studying in Canada for 2 years, and has been working there for the same amount of time, I'm sorry, but I honestly don't believe that student is actually trying to build a life in that country.
Seriously, there's not reasonable explanation for someone with a college degree + 2 years of Canadian experience not being able to achieve 470+, if not because they didn't study as hard as they should to properly get proficiency on the language (or even cared about learning french, for example).

I'll always insist on that topic: stop pretending you have the right to get a PR visa simply because you paid for a college program. You paid for an educational program, and you got it. Anything else besides that should be 100% based on your merits, on your accomplishments.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Well, then they should have not rested on their laurels and should have built a solid plan to continue on Canada. Bro, it's a competition. Get's over it. If someone that does not live in an english-spoken country can outperform a college student that has been studying in Canada for 2 years, and has been working there for the same amount of time, I'm sorry, but I honestly don't believe that student is actually trying to build a life in that country.
Seriously, there's not reasonable explanation for someone with a college degree + 2 years of Canadian experience not being able to achieve 470+, if not because they didn't study as hard as they should to properly get proficiency on the language (or even cared about learning french, for example).

I'll always insist on that topic: stop pretending you have the right to get a PR visa simply because you paid for a college program. You paid for an educational program, and you got it. Anything else besides that should be 100% based on your merits, on your accomplishments.
Exactly, nobody is entitled to anything. It is the survival of the fittest.

|l|R|l|

May 6, 2018
How can you say it's going to go down when it hasn't gone down from 469 since December 2019 and even higher before that
Because if you haven't noticed, the rate at which new high score applicants are added to the pool has slowed down. Meaning it's going to be alot less than 2k (or whatever it was) in the span of 2 weeks as before. Also means that maybe in 2-3 draws the score will fall down, until the rate accelerates again and stabilizes at 470~471.

Note: Whatever follows "maybe" is my own opinion not a sure thing.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Because if you haven't noticed, the rate at which new high score applicants are added to the pool has slowed down. Meaning it's going to be alot less than 2k (or whatever it was) in the span of 2 weeks as before. Also means that maybe in 2-3 draws the score will fall down, until the rate accelerates again and stabilizes at 470~471.

Note: Whatever follows "maybe" is my own opinion not a sure thing.
For sure, but assuming that current rate of candidates coming into the pool will remain is same is also a big assumption (especially post covid)

Reactions: jrossi

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Brother, I am a CEC candidate myself. I spent my money on a 2-year diploma and I have worked for a year too. I have 479 points after doing this. I knew coming straight to Canada for undergrad would not be a financially wise decision. Ideally, you want to come here for a Master's degree for the best bang for the buck. So, I did my bachelor's degree and came to Canada after it. I would have received the same points for a one-year diploma but I decided to go for a two-year program so I can get a three-year work permit to have the best shot at permanent residency.

It's a calculated risk one has to take. Canada does not owe me anything because I went to school here and paid taxes for a few years. We have an explicit condition on our work (or study) permit that we must leave Canada by a date.

The whole point of Express Entry is to foster healthy competition and attract the best talents in the world. With the program-specific draws, that's not what is happening. To be fair, IRCC is not doing FSW draws only because they are not able to conduct FSW draws at the moment.

Last edited:

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I will also say this, it does not bother me if the next draw is going to be a general draw. General draw or CEC, I am confident I will get an ITA.

If you are counting on an ITA because some people are at a disadvantage, you might have to rethink your strategy.

Historically speaking, CEC candidates with a credential lower than a Bachelor's degree have fared poorly in Express Entry. Most of them have relied on paper-based PNP programs like OINP - International Student Job Offer stream to get permanent residency. You might have even attended high school in Canada and followed it up with a diploma. Guess what? If that's the case, you would have spent a lot of money and time in this country but wouldn't have gained a lot of points for it. On the other hand, doing a two-year program or Master's after you finish your undergrad in your home country is likely going to be cheaper and will yield more CRS points.

Seriously, I am happy for those who got ITAs in these CEC draws but keep in mind that this would not have happened if it is not for the pandemic.

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
I agree the best bang for your buck to immigrate to Canada is to complete a two year diploma or a masters program after completing your undergrad in your home country. This would put any candidate in an ideal situation to immigrate points wise. This may mean an undergrad degree holders are disadvantaged but that’s how the game is played now. Nearly all of the international students in the diploma program I was in already had an undergrad degree from back home. I see this trend continue and the best method to immigrate to Canada now.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I agree the best bang for your buck to immigrate to Canada is to complete a two year diploma or a masters program after completing your undergrad in your home country. This would put any candidate in an ideal situation to immigrate points wise. This may mean an undergrad degree holders are disadvantaged but that’s how the game is played now. Nearly all of the international students in the diploma program I was in already had an undergrad degree from back home. I see this trend continue and the best method to immigrate to Canada now.
Or, as an alternative, try and max out everything you can as an FSW. If you're under 30, like me, and you can get top IELTS scores overseas, a Master's degree, and 3+ years of work experience, you can get 481 CRS. And that's a pretty safe place to be these days as well. No PNP needed. But you need to start young, and be ambitious. Have your goals in mind, so you don't lose points after 30 while still working towards them. I'm happy with what I've achieved, and what my positive economic impact on Canada would be. I just need a general draw to happen. :)

Last edited:

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
Or, as an alternative, try and max out everything you can as an FSW. If you're under 30, like me, and you can get top IELTS scores overseas, a Master's degree, and 3+ years of work experience, you can get 481 CRS. And that's a pretty safe place to be these days as well. No PNP needed. But you need to start young, and be ambitious. Have you goals in mind, so you don't lose points after 30 while still working towards them. I'm happy with what I've achieved, and what my positive economic impact on Canada would be. I just need a general draw to happen. :)
You are right too. Building your resume outside of Canada and securing a high CRS score or coming to Canada as a Masters student and getting a CRS score for Permanent Residency would be likely the best strategy for future people wishing to make Canada home.