+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 108th

HoldingOnToHisPromise

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
For some unknown reason, my EE profile suddenly became inactive last Jan 2. When I submitted my profile again with the same info I did last year, it was acceptd by the system. Anyone else had the same experience?

frew

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Since no draw today, the minimum CSR would be more than 450+ now onwards and it will remain high in 2019.
..less than 444 would be a big dream, Unless CIC will make few frequent draws to clear up the queue.
It seems 2019 remain too high and the right option would be to start looking southward to at Australia.

CIC seems to prefer 450s for 2019 and keeping your options open might be a winning strategy for those below 445.

apr-2019

Jan 5, 2019
CIC does not really decide the cut off. They have a target intake for an year and adjust the number of draws and intake numbers accordingly.

Ironically, it is the PR aspirants who are solely responsible for increasing the cut-off ... the more people with good score in the pool, the higher will be the cut-off. This is the supply demand equation. So it is only fair to say, due to increased awareness of the PR program the cut off are increasing year on year.

A shorter draw window (less than 14 days) hugely benefits a few as the cut off score drops due to fewer people in the pool. However the longer draws (more than 14 days) only cause temporary inconvenience to most people and cut off will settle down over the next draw or two (impacted by getting ITA 14 days later). Other than the inconvenience caused by the delays, the really impacted people will be the ones with scores a little less than the cut-off and with age of 30+ and having a birthday immediately after a longer draw and before the next draw.

Agree with the observation that by end of this year 445 could very well be the new 430.

Last edited:
Reactions: abhishek_89

voikester

Nov 27, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-01-2019
Haha. Always happen when it's your turn for the draw. Have a CRS of 476.. so feel like I should get the ITA, was expecting one today.. but they dint draw. Hopefully by Friday.

knight17

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-02-2019
AOR Received.
23-02-2019
For some unknown reason, my EE profile suddenly became inactive last Jan 2. When I submitted my profile again with the same info I did last year, it was acceptd by the system. Anyone else had the same experience?
Happened to me. I created a profile right after the December 19 draw. It stayed active in the pool. On December 31, I got a message saying my profile was ineligible. Created another profile immediately but that was deemed ineligible on submission.I guess that happened because I said I had prviously submitted an application to IRCC.

So I submitted again, this time I increased the funds a bit as I have read in the forums that that tends to do the trick and left everything else the same. I think this flagging of profiles as ineligible after being active for some time is a known system glitch.

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
hello all
can anyone can help please ?
I’m getting out of patients I applied for citizenship in jun-21-2017
In process. Aug-1-2017
It’s been been over 18 months when the maximum is 12 months I spoke to the cic about 7 months ago and they said they are doing the background checks and 3 months ago spoke to them again same story plus they’ve send a note that it exceeded the time limit today is Jan-10-2019 and still haven’t heard anything should I keep calling or what should I do in this situation it’s really getting me depressed
Im pretty sure its getting people here depressed to hear your story complaining about the citizenship timelines when people here just want their invitation to even just apply for residence, many of them waiting and trying for a year and more, all life on halt. Be a bit sensible, choose the right topic in the forum to post your queries.
Just to mention, your PR cant be taken away, so stress less and enjoy life, even if it takes longer to process citizenship.

Reactions: Inabt and TAShakur

frew

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
CIC does not really decide the cut off. They have a target intake for an year and adjust the number of draws and intake numbers accordingly.

Ironically, it is the PR aspirants who are solely responsible for increasing the cut-off ... the more people with good score in the pool, the higher will be the cut-off. This is the supply demand equation. So it is only fair to say, due to increased awareness of the PR program the cut off are increasing year on year.

A shorter draw window (less than 14 days) hugely benefits a few as the cut off score drops due to fewer people in the pool. However the longer draws (more than 14 days) only cause temporary inconvenience to most people and cut off will settle down over the next draw or two (impacted by getting ITA 14 days later). Other than the inconvenience caused by the delays, the really impacted people will be the ones with scores a little less than the cut-off and with age of 30+ and having a birthday immediately after a longer draw and before the next draw.

Agree with the observation that by end of this year 445 could very well be the new 430.
You are perfectly right about how things are going here. Using your logic... i suggest people below 440 should not seat with all their hopes on CIC. You are right that the issue is a result of demand and supply and one clear fact is that both canada and Australia are competing for a skilled work force. That being said, it will be wise to evaluate both immigration routes and widen your chance of getting a PR.

One other obvious fact is that many people are seating between 430-440 and for these people only waiting for a miracle to bring the CRS lower is a futile exercise. Don't they say "don't put all your eggs in one basket"? It seems a good time to think all other options sooner than later. No need to dwell on what would be the case if one were here in 2017 with a CRS of 430... it will only get things worsened by wasting your time that could have been used to try other opportunities elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: apr-2019

apr-2019

Jan 5, 2019
you are absolutely correct about trying out different options and being prepared .... Last year gave a surprise with 440 being the least for most part (except for the few with 439 at the end of year) and it is a writing on the wall that scores could move even higher this year. Will not be surprised if 444-446 starts to become the minimum in the later part of this year. If there any scope to improve CRS, sure it would wise to target at least 442-445 in the near term (good chance in next few months).

Anyway it is a ray of hope forum, so we all wish the scores remain low in our hearts, even if brain says otherwise !

I am betting again on a draw today to provide the much needed relief. Probably a cut-off of 450 today (many have reported 460+ in the thread in the last 12 hours) and less than 445 in another two weeks.