+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 108th

thaitran26291

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
In 2016 Draw happened on Jan 6 — 461 crs
In 2017 Draw happened on Jan 4 — 468 crs
In 2018 Draw happened on Jan 10 — 446 crs

Since the first Wednesday of January 2019 will be Jan the 2nd. Just one day after New Year Eve, I guess the 1st draw of 2019 will be on Jan 9 ( ... cic staff members will probably not ready to work at all )

And if the draw happens on Jan 9, I think it wont be lower than 440 as many candidates with high score have enough time to enter the pool. The previous years round of invitations just gives me a prediction.

I guess it will be 443-445 the next draw

Last edited:
Reactions: ibtee

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
In 2016 Draw happened on Jan 6 — 461 crs
In 2017 Draw happened on Jan 4 — 468 crs
In 2018 Draw happened on Jan 10 — 446 crs

Since the first Wednesday of January 2019 will be Jan the 2nd. Just one day after New Year Eve, I guess the 1st draw of 2019 will be on Jan 9 ( ... cic staff members will probably not ready to work at all )

And if the draw happens on Jan 9, I think it wont be lower than 440 as many candidates with high score have enough time to enter the pool. The previous years round of invitations just gives me a prediction.

I guess it will be 443-445 the next draw
Good analysis. Let's hope for the best. In the meantime, everyone should start looking into the post-ITA document requirements and start preparing the docs that can be prepared so they don't have to waste a lot of time after ITA.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
i tried 3 attempts for IELTS my first attempt was highest, I do not want to waste time, as i scored 8 in speaking, 6 in writing in first 2 attempts. then third attempt improved writing to 6.5 but speaking dropped to 6.5. I am lost
i know if i will get 7778 RWLS will be 446, but do not know what can help me to achieve, I have good English worked in call center over a year still:(

Thanks for suggestion i know that is the best option
I gave the exam 7 times to clear it! It took about 9 long, tedious months, and two remarks on writing. Get a tutor on writing module and practice a lot. It is all about how much you want to succeed.

Amansivan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
I gave the exam 7 times to clear it! It took about 9 long, tedious months, and two remarks on writing. Get a tutor on writing module and practice a lot. It is all about how much you want to succeed.
Thank you for your suggestion, I am going to take test again but also thinking to go as a non accompanying spouse first and then apply for spousal sponsership

ziah6237

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Those who are 19 could also make that point :) You should bear in mind that with years people are becoming more mature, so I think that system is fair in that respect. You can wait for a few years, people above 30 do not have such a comfort and must try to get max scores to succeed.

The system is unfair to many people, we who are older feel that our experience is undervalued, and lose points for age every single year whilst getting points for only up to three years of experience, so age discussion is really a subjective one.

But first 19 it's extreme case what I mentioned it's 23 VS 33, but if 19 vs 33 with same EVERYTHING, beware, if the 19 it's incompetent, she/he will not sit on the same level as the 33, so the choice it's obvious the society will choose the 19 over 33.

And my case was not even involve 33 +, I am comparing between 22 - 28, that the 22 - 25 should have extra points for overachieve what people can only do when they are older.

Experience someone doesn't mean much, especially if you work in tech.

Sara1981

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
S
We're kinda in a similar boat really. My wife & I are sitting on 438 for a month now. My wife's 2nd attempt at IELTS will give result on 28th Dec as well. Even though she didn't have the greatest test this time, even two CLB 9's and two CLB 7/8s will propel us to 440 which I think is a good enough score to get ITA sooner or later.
Same situation here, we are@438 since September..thinking to give test in January again.

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
Neat!
Oh right, I believe I've heard. Usually that is a positive thing, no? Am I missing something?

I recall the Egyptian folks here in UAE were suggesting to get the initial "feesh" from the embassy and then courier it to a family member in Egypt instead of letting the embassy handle it. Is that no longer possible? Another, much less economical, suggestion was to fly to Egypt and get it done there.

60 days is plenty of time for either of the two, you'll be fine, i'm positive. Also I'd check out a group called "Maple of Canada" , the guys over there are quite helpful
Well I found out the old one is fine and we should just get it translated.

Reactions: Barkook

Ovcar

Mar 16, 2018
NOC Code......
But first 19 it's extreme case what I mentioned it's 23 VS 33, but if 19 vs 33 with same EVERYTHING, beware, if the 19 it's incompetent, she/he will not sit on the same level as the 33, so the choice it's obvious the society will choose the 19 over 33.

And my case was not even involve 33 +, I am comparing between 22 - 28, that the 22 - 25 should have extra points for overachieve what people can only do when they are older.

Experience someone doesn't mean much, especially if you work in tech.
There is my post on page 6 so find it and take a deeper look. My piece of advice to you would be to enhance yourself and try to gain more knowledge for a start, and not to complain. Hopefully in the future you will be become more mature person and have an objective perspective of the world around you. They (Canada govt) certainly know better than you and me why did they setup the EE system the way they did. Honestly, your current level of English is not good enough to work in many lines of job. So with years to come, you will hopefully improve it, as well as your other skills and Canada or some other country will not be out of reach. Luckily, you are young enough to do it. In contrast to your situation, there are many peope here who would really like to be in your position, who are overqualified, super-skilled with all CLB 10 or even CLB12, masters degree, professional certifications but are above 35 and still in the pool. I personally, expect to get an invitation in January with 451 points, but I feel sorry for those people who are heavily penalized due to age. You, younger ones have all time of the world to improve and accomplish your goals relating to Canada.

Reactions: JssAmA

ziah6237

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
There is my post on page 6 so find it and take a deeper look. My piece of advice to you would be to enhance yourself and try to gain more knowledge for a start, and not to complain. Hopefully in the future you will be become more mature person and have an objective perspective of the world around you. They (Canada govt) certainly know better than you and me why did they setup the EE system the way they did. Honestly, your current level of English is not good enough to work in many lines of job. So with years to come, you will hopefully improve it, as well as your other skills and Canada or some other country will not be out of reach. Luckily, you are young enough to do it. In contrast to your situation, there are many peope here who would really like to be in your position, who are overqualified, super-skilled with all CLB 10 or even CLB12, masters degree, professional certifications but are above 35 and still in the pool. I personally, expect to get an invitation in January with 451 points, but I feel sorry for those people who are heavily penalized due to age. You, younger ones have all time of the world to improve and accomplish your goals relating to Canada.

First, I was not complaining, if you read my original post carefully I was making a suggestion for the system and I said: "I am not complaining ".

Second, show me the evidence why u say immature. I am competent at my work, living an honest life, just because I want better benefits to younger group means I am immature?

Third, I DONT'T HAVE ALL THE TIME. just because I am younger does not mean I have infinitive time, I have 3 years work permit just like other 30 + people, so do not assume and discredit the value of time for younger people who are suffering just as much as older people.

Forth, showing sympathy has nothing to do with what kind of people I am. I don't care whether you are happy or unhappy with other people, I only care whether I can achieve my goal. Because in the end when anybody gets kicked out of the country, sympathy from others it's worthless, only the hypocrite will yap about actionless emotions.

Fifth, I agree with you my English it's not good. but I don't wait time to heal it, I am taking classes and self-studying every day.

I really don't know how old you are, base on your condescending tone towards my age I assume you are older, but instead of forming a productive discussion and focus on the topic you are making up words I never said and saying things without factual evidence.

So just to end this thread fast: The government could better the express entry, cause no government is perfect. I am no hypocrite and certainly won't harm people intentionally. I wish the best of everybody but I don't yap about it. I just don't care about them when myself it's on fire.

Last edited:

Ovcar

Mar 16, 2018
NOC Code......
First, I was not complaining, if you read my original post carefully I was making a suggestion for the system and I said: "I am not complaining ".

Second, show me the evidence why u say immature. I am competent at my work, living an honest life, just because I want better benefits to younger group means I am immature?

Third, I DONT'T HAVE ALL THE TIME. just because I am younger does not mean I have infinitive time, I have 3 years work permit just like other 30 + people, so do not assume and discredit the value of time for younger people who are suffering just as much as older people.

Forth, showing sympathy has nothing to do with what kind of people I am. I don't care whether you are happy or unhappy with other people, I only care whether I can achieve my goal. Because in the end when anybody gets kicked out of the country, sympathy from others it's worthless, only the hypocrite will yap about actionless emotions.

Fifth, I agree with you my English it's not good. but I don't wait time to heal it, I am taking classes and self-studying every day.

I really don't know how old you are, base on your condescending tone towards my age I assume you are older, but instead of forming a productive discussion and focus on the topic you are making up words I never said and saying things without factual evidence.

So just to end this thread fast: The government could better the express entry, cause no government is perfect. I am no hypocrite and certainly won't harm people intentionally. I wish the best of everybody but I don't yap about it. I just don't care about them when myself it's on fire.
It is best to finish this discussion, we can agree that we do not agree.

However, you went from what is good to Canadian society (younger people) to the point that you think only about regulating your status in Canada. Fortunately, they are smarter than that :)

Relax, my Chinese friend, everything will be fine as long as you try and improve yourself. You have plenty of time.

All the best

akshay92canada

Jun 18, 2018
Can we expect the draw in Jan to hit 438 with WES out on holidays new entries seem practically impossible . The only change might be people improving their score either by completing their degrees or through IELTS , the results of which I doubt will be published before January So anyone who is 437 and above stands a good chance .

The last pool distribution before draw
CRS Score Range Number of Candidates
601-1200
451-600
401-450
441-450
431-440 9,499
421-430 6,435
411-420 6,922
401-410 7,498
351-400 38,166
391-400
381-390 7,993
371-380 7,961
361-370 7,738
351-360 7,477
301-350 21,946
0-300
Total
Considering 1000 people for 1 point in the range 431-440

A draw on January 2 almost certainly means a drop to
1.438 (1000 ITA's) + 2000 (People left out due to tie breaker rule ) +900 (Approx who might increase their score )
1.437 (2000 ITA's) + 1000 (People left out due to tie breaker rule ) +900 (Approx who might increase their score )
2. 436 (3000 ITA's)+900 (Approx who might increase their score)

However ,draw a week later changes everything and it again becomes unpredictable with WES and IELTS results coming out .

So everyone pray for a new year miracle once again
Myself stuck at 438 profile creation May 2018

exact same boat brother!!!!! all the best!