+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 107th Draw

MVA

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
The point I was trying to make is that it's better to be over prepared than under prepared. Its better to have a CRS of 460 and the draw comes in at 445 than to have a CRS of 441 and the draw comes in at 445.
The point is I am not saying not to be over prepared. All fuss is about being a troll. Constructive advice is always welcome. Moreover this is not a forum for trolling, there are many pages on Fb where he can become a
member for trolling.

Reactions: Day2203 and shyee

shyee

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
The point is I am not saying not to be over prepared. All fuss is about being a troll. Constructive advice is always welcome. Moreover this is not a forum for trolling, there are many pages on Fb where he can become a member for trolling.
Really?:D

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
Conservatives constituents in Canada currently want less/ no immigrants. They will vote in conservatives because 'Canadians want their country back'. America has been been the hallmark for those sentiments and rest of the world is following suit. Not because they introduced express entry means that they won't overhaul or end it. Politicians change along with their constituents. The question should not be will Express Entry be drastically changed or come to an end but it should be how long after the conservatives take over will it happen.

Aspirants and hopefuls use the "trolls" as fuel to your fire to overcome all obstacles currently in your way that is preventing you from achieving the desired CRS. Push and push harder as if the life of your kids both born and unborn depend on it.
Currently there is no widespread anti-immigration sentiment in Canada. Only fringe groups make such demands which no one cares. So there is no need to pay attention to doomsday predictions.

Reactions: shyee

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Currently there is no widespread anti-immigration sentiment in Canada. Only fringe groups make such demands which no one cares. So there is no need to pay attention to doomsday predictions.
Actually if there are any PR card holders on here, can you give us an idea on how accepted you feel? I had traveled to US post-Trump and still felt like media was blowing things out of proportion and the general public was quite welcoming. My other question would be to these people, if Canada was disappointing in any way at all and not as per your expectations?

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
Actually if there are any PR card holders on here, can you give us an idea on how accepted you feel? I had traveled to US post-Trump and still felt like media was blowing things out of proportion and the general public was quite welcoming. My other question would be to these people, if Canada was disappointing in any way at all and not as per your expectations?
I am in Canada for the past 3 years. First on work permit and then as PR. Everyone here is quite welcoming and never felt any discrimination. What i felt is that people understood the benefits of allowing immigration.

But as in every other place on earth, there are groups that want immigration to be stopped. These are extreme fringe groups and no mainstream party here tolerates anti-immigrant sentiment.

Reactions: shyee and ibtee

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
I think it's because the economy is doing well, that's why not much complaint.

Also, I think a lot of canadians don't openly say it like in the US, but if a politician says we are going to reduce immigration, they will just vote for him/her secretly, like in Quebec this year for example. There was a woman who asked Trudeau about the refugees coming from the US and she got thrown out of the meeting. I am sure those things will come up once the country gets into full election mode. Quebec also decides a lot, and they are anti-immigrant right now. IMHO.

Reactions: ibtee

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
In fact many who immigrate under the express turn conservatives the minute they land not thinking about where they are coming from.
This totally makes sense, no? They will most likely to be the most vulnerable because they have to compete with new immigrants. The fewer the immigrants, the better for them.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
I think it's because the economy is doing well, that's why not much complaint.

Also, I think a lot of canadians don't openly say it like in the US, but if a politician says we are going to reduce immigration, they will just vote for him/her secretly, like in Quebec this year for example. There was a woman who asked Trudeau about the refugees coming from the US and she got thrown out of the meeting. I am sure those things will come up once the country gets into full election mode. Quebec also decides a lot, and they are anti-immigrant right now. IMHO.
Agree on the economy part. But doubtful about support for anti-immigration politics. Maxime Bernier's peoples party's agenda states it will look into reducing immigration. But his party is yet to get any traction.

But yes if economy goes into recession and there are job loses then every party will look to reduce immigration to limit the public backlash.

Reactions: journey21