Saudi Arabia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-03-2019
AOR Received.
04-03-2019
Med's Done....
03-03-2019
Makes sense, I had not considered factor.

Have you tried the computer IELTS? if that is an option available to you please try that.
Computer IELTS? That sounds like a dream. We dont have that option in KSA unfortunately.

puzokumar

Star Member
Aug 7, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Banglaore
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2018
AOR Received.
23-11-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Computer IELTS? That sounds like a dream. We don't have that option in KSA unfortunately.
Yes IDP and british council both offer computer delivered IELTS. Link here

With computer-delivered IELTS there are more test dates available, test takers can choose IELTS at a time convenient for them, and they will receive their results in 5 to 7 days.
The Test Report Form, content, timing and structure of the test is the same whether you take the test on paper or on computer and the Speaking test is always face-to-face with a certified IELTS Examiner.

Worth giving it a try.

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Hi guys, so with all the talk about scores going up, how do i get a nomination ? or a job offer if i was not in Canada ?
I would like to try PNP but the thing is I am still doing a post grad program and I will graduate by November, that's why I haven't submitted my EE yet. any suggestions besides working on IELTS ?

solidmonki

Sep 30, 2018
Saudi Arabia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-03-2019
AOR Received.
04-03-2019
Med's Done....
03-03-2019
Yes IDP and british council both offer computer delivered IELTS. Link here

With computer-delivered IELTS there are more test dates available, test takers can choose IELTS at a time convenient for them, and they will receive their results in 5 to 7 days.
The Test Report Form, content, timing and structure of the test is the same whether you take the test on paper or on computer and the Speaking test is always face-to-face with a certified IELTS Examiner.

Worth giving it a try.
Its only available in Riyadh. i am based in Khobar.

Aksobti

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Hello everyone
I just had a small query:
I have got my ECA and my husband’s is due on 16th October... can we create a profile right away and upload my husband’s credentials on 16th so that we qualify for 17th draw???
Please confirm

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
What are your options?

1. If you are in 435 bracket - Max out your IELTS. Book atleast 4 consecutive appointments. Time is against you. Add a fresh appointment every time an unfavourable result comes in)
2. If you are less than 30 - drop everything and go do an additional diploma/college. (I doubt if the whole EE system will stay forever - so do it NOW)
3. If you are over 30 - Still do an additional diploma/college
4. If you are 30+ with a bachelor's degree and can't do a diploma - Convince your younger sibling with a bachelor's degree to apply for EE with max IELTS. Then claim sibling points.
5. If you work in a company with a Canadian subsidiary - Walk to your HR office right now and explore your possibilities to transfer to the canadian subsidy (else threaten to quit - and duly follow up with a resignation and apply for a degree or diploma)
6. If you are un-married, marry someone with a Master's degree and with a good grasp of the English language
7. If you are married, with kids and unable to remarry - send your young spouse back to school and force him/her to get a master's.

Anyway, In my case it was option 6.

Looking for Canadian jobs on LinkedIn/indeed has been futile. No one wants to hire and sponsor a work permit (unlike the US). Unless you work in a foreign subsidiary who has a base in Canada.

Last edited:

gpdave

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Dubai, UAE
Category........
FSW
I got my ITA last night, however I received a mail stating there was a new message on my EE Profile. Logged in, can't find any new message!!! What is going on here?

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
I got my ITA last night, however I received a mail stating there was a new message on my EE Profile. Logged in, can't find any new message!!! What is going on here?
That is just a "late" notification for your ITA. Just ignore it.

Reactions: gpdave

fahadsheikh

Oct 30, 2016
DXB-AE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
For all those pondering and feeling chaotic about the 2019 Canadian Elections. Here is a very comprehensive assessment on the election situations and the position of current Canadian government. Neverthless, the elections are in Oct 2019 and not right away in Q1 of 2019 as I believe, most think.
Better keep working on the options available and not just sit like a duck (the mistake I committed during 2016 - 17)

P.S. I wish I could write like this person (the following text) and would have bombed IELTS scores (wishful thinking).

Source: https://www.quora.com/Will-Justin-Trudeau-win-the-next-2019-election-in-Canada

Odds are that Justin Trudeau will be re-elected in 2019, but that’s not because he’s doing a particularly good job or because his opponents are unusually bad.

In the entire history of Canadian federal politics, going back to Confederation, only two prime ministers with majority governments were thrown out after their first term: Alexander Mackenzie in 1878 and RB Bennett in 1935. What did they both have in common? They governed during global economic depressions in which times were desperate, by which I mean more desperate than most Canadians alive today can remember. It is very rare for Canadian voters to want dramatic change after giving a sizeable mandate to a government only four years earlier. However, I concede that we live in the era of Trump and Brexit, but still..

On the whole, I would give this government a C-. They have kept a few of their major campaign promises (bringing in more Syrian refugees, belatedly legalising marijuana, and reversing some controversial Conservative measures); however, a large number of the widely advertised and ambitious planks of their platform, conveniently enough made when the NDP was surging ahead, have been either unceremoniously broken, significantly watered down or indefinitely shelved (electoral reform, First Nations rights and spending, subsidies for the tar sands, MSM blood donation ban, green infrastructure and many others). Arguably, they targeted certain demographics who were leaning NDP during the 2015 election with promises that might not have been entirely genuine.

Now, none of this will necessarily cost them re-election, necessarily, however, it will take a toll.

According to the Library of Parliament, this government has also broken a historical record for passing the least amount of legislation of any majority parliament in roughly two generations (at least). As far as I am concerned, this government is unambitious, feckless, short-sighted, cynical and lacking in vigour. Its reputation for being progressive “change agents,” is largely the byproduct of successful marketing (reinforced by symbolism and Trudeau’s carefully constructed persona).

Anyway, in my opinion this is not an incredibly strong government, however, it will likely get re-elected anyway. The country is doing okay (albeit storm clouds are on the horizon) and while Trudeau’s personal popularity has come down from its absurd heights of 2016, a large plurality of Canadians are still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. That will PROBABLY not disappear in only two years time.

Contrary to what others might claim, Trudeau’s re-election will not hinge on how well the NDP does. That’s a commonly held myth in Canadian politics. We haven’t had an American-style, strict, two-party duopoly at the federal level since 1921, and while there is often significant overlap between NDP and Liberal support, party support in Canada can also be extremely fluid (voter turnout and protest votes from populist minded voters can have an enormous impact too. Swings between the Right and Left are not unheard of either).

Indeed, the federal NDP’s second best result was in 2015. The result of that election was of course a Liberal majority. At one point during the 2015 campaign, several polls put the Conservatives in third place behind both the NDP and Liberals, and likewise some recent polls have suggested that the Conservatives could win with a weaker NDP while the Liberals could win with a more competitive NDP. The cynical notion that a “vote for the NDP is a vote for the Conservatives,” is a dishonest scare tactic trotted out by Liberals to sap NDP momentum whenever it emerges. There is no invisible law preventing a party called “NDP” from winning where it hasn’t before (ask Rachel Notley), and likewise if the Liberals lose to the Conservatives they’ll have nobody to blame but themselves (but expect them to try to blame the NDP).

When the 2015 election would’ve produced an NDP government with a Liberal opposition:

http://poll.forumresearch.com/da...

NDP polling higher than 2015 results, with the Liberals still holding a healthy lead over Tories:

https://www.ipsos.com/sites/defa...

http://www.nanosresearch.com/tic...

NDP weaker than in 2015, yet Conservatives well ahead of Liberals:

The only way Justin Trudeau’s Liberals could lose in 2019 would be under one (or both) of two scenarios:

Scenario 1 - Justin Trudeau pulls a Jim Prentice, overestimates his personal popularity and underestimates his opponents, comes across as cocky and arrogant on the campaign trail and during the debates, and inadvertently gives an opponent (Scheer or Singh, maybe both) the chance to excite voters and build momentum.

Scenario 2 - Trudeau gets blindsided by the issues, and goes into the election assuming that he can control the narrative only to find that the narrative has been defined by his opponents (think back to the halfway point of the Democratic primaries in which Bernie Sanders gave Hillary Clinton realistic cause for concern with an unapologetic social democratic agenda, or Jeremy Corbyn who made what was “supposed” to be an election about Brexit, an election about inequality instead. True, Sanders and Corbyn “lost,” but they came much closer than they were “supposed” to, Sanders changed the Democratic Party forever and reinvigorated its progressive faction, while Labour came in only 2 percentage points behind the Tories in the popular vote and held them to a minority - Corbyn could be prime minister yet). My point is, if Trudeau loses it will probably because he either assumes that the election is in the bag, or underestimates how strongly Canadians feel about a particular issue (NAFTA negotiations COULD provide that issue as Trump is unlikely to make any fair offers).

As his buddy and strategist, Gerald Butts once said: “arrogance is the Liberal Party’s kryptonite”. Trudeau almost blew it in the run up to the 2015 campaign because he became too complacent. That complacency could return (I’m not saying it will, but it could).

Andrew Scheer is a less threatening version of Stephen Harper with a unified and competent opposition caucus behind him and a pretty solid and reliable voter base. His dorky dad vibe can be dismissed as “lame,” but bear in mind he doesn’t have to beat Trudeau at his own game in order to win (a lot of voters prefer politicians who seem down to Earth). On the other hand, Jagmeet Singh is a charismatic, engaging and interesting opposition figure whose personal resume is actually significantly more impressive than Trudeau’s was before 2015 (he’s also a better debater, has more policy depth and a more interesting backstory). The Liberals would be fools to underestimate either of these opponents.

Still, yes odds are that Justin Trudeau will win re-election in 2019 (however, neither Andrew Scheer nor Jagmeet Singh can be discounted). 2023 should be more interesting.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For all those pondering and feeling chaotic about the 2019 Canadian Elections. Here is a very comprehensive assessment on the election situations and the position of current Canadian government. Neverthless, the elections are in Oct 2019 and not right away in Q1 of 2019 as I believe, most think.
Better keep working on the options available and not just sit like a duck (the mistake I committed during 2016 - 17)

P.S. I wish I could write like this person (the following text) and would have bombed IELTS scores (wishful thinking).

Source: https://www.quora.com/Will-Justin-Trudeau-win-the-next-2019-election-in-Canada

Odds are that Justin Trudeau will be re-elected in 2019, but that’s not because he’s doing a particularly good job or because his opponents are unusually bad.

In the entire history of Canadian federal politics, going back to Confederation, only two prime ministers with majority governments were thrown out after their first term: Alexander Mackenzie in 1878 and RB Bennett in 1935. What did they both have in common? They governed during global economic depressions in which times were desperate, by which I mean more desperate than most Canadians alive today can remember. It is very rare for Canadian voters to want dramatic change after giving a sizeable mandate to a government only four years earlier. However, I concede that we live in the era of Trump and Brexit, but still..

On the whole, I would give this government a C-. They have kept a few of their major campaign promises (bringing in more Syrian refugees, belatedly legalising marijuana, and reversing some controversial Conservative measures); however, a large number of the widely advertised and ambitious planks of their platform, conveniently enough made when the NDP was surging ahead, have been either unceremoniously broken, significantly watered down or indefinitely shelved (electoral reform, First Nations rights and spending, subsidies for the tar sands, MSM blood donation ban, green infrastructure and many others). Arguably, they targeted certain demographics who were leaning NDP during the 2015 election with promises that might not have been entirely genuine.

Now, none of this will necessarily cost them re-election, necessarily, however, it will take a toll.

According to the Library of Parliament, this government has also broken a historical record for passing the least amount of legislation of any majority parliament in roughly two generations (at least). As far as I am concerned, this government is unambitious, feckless, short-sighted, cynical and lacking in vigour. Its reputation for being progressive “change agents,” is largely the byproduct of successful marketing (reinforced by symbolism and Trudeau’s carefully constructed persona).

Anyway, in my opinion this is not an incredibly strong government, however, it will likely get re-elected anyway. The country is doing okay (albeit storm clouds are on the horizon) and while Trudeau’s personal popularity has come down from its absurd heights of 2016, a large plurality of Canadians are still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. That will PROBABLY not disappear in only two years time.

Contrary to what others might claim, Trudeau’s re-election will not hinge on how well the NDP does. That’s a commonly held myth in Canadian politics. We haven’t had an American-style, strict, two-party duopoly at the federal level since 1921, and while there is often significant overlap between NDP and Liberal support, party support in Canada can also be extremely fluid (voter turnout and protest votes from populist minded voters can have an enormous impact too. Swings between the Right and Left are not unheard of either).

Indeed, the federal NDP’s second best result was in 2015. The result of that election was of course a Liberal majority. At one point during the 2015 campaign, several polls put the Conservatives in third place behind both the NDP and Liberals, and likewise some recent polls have suggested that the Conservatives could win with a weaker NDP while the Liberals could win with a more competitive NDP. The cynical notion that a “vote for the NDP is a vote for the Conservatives,” is a dishonest scare tactic trotted out by Liberals to sap NDP momentum whenever it emerges. There is no invisible law preventing a party called “NDP” from winning where it hasn’t before (ask Rachel Notley), and likewise if the Liberals lose to the Conservatives they’ll have nobody to blame but themselves (but expect them to try to blame the NDP).

When the 2015 election would’ve produced an NDP government with a Liberal opposition:

NDP polling higher than 2015 results, with the Liberals still holding a healthy lead over Tories:

https://www.ipsos.com/sites/defa...

http://www.nanosresearch.com/tic...

NDP weaker than in 2015, yet Conservatives well ahead of Liberals:

The only way Justin Trudeau’s Liberals could lose in 2019 would be under one (or both) of two scenarios:

Scenario 1 - Justin Trudeau pulls a Jim Prentice, overestimates his personal popularity and underestimates his opponents, comes across as cocky and arrogant on the campaign trail and during the debates, and inadvertently gives an opponent (Scheer or Singh, maybe both) the chance to excite voters and build momentum.

Scenario 2 - Trudeau gets blindsided by the issues, and goes into the election assuming that he can control the narrative only to find that the narrative has been defined by his opponents (think back to the halfway point of the Democratic primaries in which Bernie Sanders gave Hillary Clinton realistic cause for concern with an unapologetic social democratic agenda, or Jeremy Corbyn who made what was “supposed” to be an election about Brexit, an election about inequality instead. True, Sanders and Corbyn “lost,” but they came much closer than they were “supposed” to, Sanders changed the Democratic Party forever and reinvigorated its progressive faction, while Labour came in only 2 percentage points behind the Tories in the popular vote and held them to a minority - Corbyn could be prime minister yet). My point is, if Trudeau loses it will probably because he either assumes that the election is in the bag, or underestimates how strongly Canadians feel about a particular issue (NAFTA negotiations COULD provide that issue as Trump is unlikely to make any fair offers).

As his buddy and strategist, Gerald Butts once said: “arrogance is the Liberal Party’s kryptonite”. Trudeau almost blew it in the run up to the 2015 campaign because he became too complacent. That complacency could return (I’m not saying it will, but it could).

Andrew Scheer is a less threatening version of Stephen Harper with a unified and competent opposition caucus behind him and a pretty solid and reliable voter base. His dorky dad vibe can be dismissed as “lame,” but bear in mind he doesn’t have to beat Trudeau at his own game in order to win (a lot of voters prefer politicians who seem down to Earth). On the other hand, Jagmeet Singh is a charismatic, engaging and interesting opposition figure whose personal resume is actually significantly more impressive than Trudeau’s was before 2015 (he’s also a better debater, has more policy depth and a more interesting backstory). The Liberals would be fools to underestimate either of these opponents.

Still, yes odds are that Justin Trudeau will win re-election in 2019 (however, neither Andrew Scheer nor Jagmeet Singh can be discounted). 2023 should be more interesting.
The problem is that Liberal have just lost one big province - Ontario. So I would be much much more cautious of what will happen there. It will kind of depend of what will Conservative do in Ontario and how will be that perceived (at least during the first year).
Quebec - the second stronghold of Liberals is also a big unknown now.
In addition Trudeau might be seen as way too weak and unable to deal properly when negotiating with some countries like USA or Russia (given how their leaders look like).

So maybe hold on your prediction horses to see how the NAFTA negotiations will end and if anything else significant will happen first half of next year.

puneet.arora

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Despite all the skepticism, I strongly believe the cut off score will come down. These spikes are normal, we can't expect the score to always go down or remain constant. Every now and then, there will be more than usual entries in the pool including the ones with score over 450. The reasons could be many but I don't expect this to happen in every round. The number of entries in the pool have definitely gone up but so have the no. of ITAs.