+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<rant> Why does CIC pick on self-employed people?

azazaz

Jul 6, 2011
I think it happens quite randomly, and could happen to anyone, depending on which officer handles the file and the mood of the officer during that day
well it can happen randomly too but my own guess is some thing must be missing during his interview or could not have explained to them or some objections...they dont issue RQ for no absolute reasons...one has to be honest here to accept his mistake if he did any

azazaz

Jul 6, 2011
unfortunately no body cares if you employed canadians or helped canadian businesses or came as entrepreneur

flyingscottie

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Ok. so is that problem providing buddy..Can't you provide ? why so frustrated ?
Because they give you 45 days to find information from 7 years ago, with companies that have disappeared, bank accounts that have been closed, and official govt documents that can take up to 60 days to receive.

It feels like they just want you to fail. Who has bank statements from 7 years ago in their possession that prove they paid rent????

azazaz

Jul 6, 2011
Because they give you 45 days to find information from 7 years ago, with companies that have disappeared, bank accounts that have been closed, and official govt documents that can take up to 60 days to receive.

It feels like they just want you to fail. Who has bank statements from 7 years ago in their possession that prove they paid rent????

Buddy take it easy and write a detailed letter explaining this...just be honest...they will accept what you say...just be positive and open minded..:) if you don't have anything tell them you dont have and it cant be found and if days are short numbered write in a letter that you need more time

it will work for you and also mention you are helping other canadian businesses..

flyingscottie

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Buddy take it easy and write a detailed letter explaining this...just be honest...they will accept what you say...just be positive and open minded..:) if you don't have anything tell them you dont have and it cant be found and if days are short numbered write in a letter that you need more time

it will work for you and also mention you are helping other canadian businesses..
Thank you for your encouragement - I am just having a bad day and needed to get this frustration off my chest. You are all wonderful for listening.

Reactions: JoeOs and azazaz

azazaz

Jul 6, 2011
Thank you for your encouragement - I am just having a bad day and needed to get this frustration off my chest. You are all wonderful for listening.
No problem dear :) Just cheer up...Have a wonderful day and please do let us know how it went.. My own idea is that because you lie in 4/6 rule, your RQ will be processed faster and as you are all genuine here you will sail through....one thing I also believe in that every one follows their rule/system...they have certain rules and they are just doing their job like you or me are doing...so no matter you helped canadian businesses and we all appreciate that but to get citizenship you still need to pass certain criteria..

any ways i wish you all the very best of luck and please do let us know how your RQ went :)

vitoriaboy

Aug 26, 2017
They haven't given me any explanation as to what..... But have asked for FULL RQ for SEVEN YEARS.
Are you sure they asked you for last 7 years and not last 6 years?

I have a few questions for you. I will try to guide you:

1. They should be asking you for 6 years only, since that is the time frame for citizenship. what date did you land? Month and year is fine.

2. If they insist on 7 years instead of 6 years, please consult a lawyer to find out if they can legally do that.

3. If you landed more than 5 years ago (as you mentioned 7 years), did you renew your PR card? How long did it take? Have you gotten GCMS notes for that?

4. What is your current country of origin?

I really think you need to be more proactive because I am getting a bad feeling about your case.

kiala

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
You don't have T4?? I am not sure I am getting this or not, if you employ Canadians (Must be 2 or more), don't you give them t4 ? is there any cash involved? Just asking , I am not aware of all small business rules.
can i ask you why you bringing up this old post which is 2 months old and when this thread is already closed down..the op has not asked for any questions after that ?

Reactions: wxyz123

kiala

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
I have seen people bring post alive 2 yrs old. Not sure is there any set rules , if yes then you set the rules or admin? A major problem in this forum is OP never conclude a post once their problem has resolved. I bet OP send documents for RQ and once done then didn't even bother letting everyone know what's the outcome.
I am still very much interested to know why OP didn't have T4, isn't it t4 is mandatory in Canada? if OP dealt thing with cash them, RQ is a minor punishment. I am talking about jail time to license suspension. I could be very wrong. correct me.
alright...good for you

Natan

May 22, 2015
I have seen people bring post alive 2 yrs old. Not sure is there any set rules , if yes then you set the rules or admin? A major problem in this forum is OP never conclude a post once their problem has resolved. I bet OP send documents for RQ and once done then didn't even bother letting everyone know what's the outcome.
I am still very much interested to know why OP didn't have T4, isn't it t4 is mandatory in Canada? if OP dealt thing with cash them, RQ is a minor punishment. I am talking about jail time to license suspension. I could be very wrong. correct me.
Not enough time has passed for OP to have received a response from their RQ submission. It could be a year or more before they learn the outcome.

The RQ is interested in T4's of OP's income, not the T4's issued by OP to their employees. (Submitting OP's employee's T4's to IRCC is likely a violation of law -- employee privacy and all that.)

Natan

May 22, 2015
Every single income has a record in Canada unless op get paid cash or mentioned no income from business to gain benefits. Since op employed several Canadians, op must have a job as well and if you have a job, you have t4 then. Google for more info
As a Canadian business person, let me assure you that it is entirely possible for OP to own a company and be paid by that company and not be issued a T4.

Example 1: OP receives no salary or wage from the company, but receives loan payments, because OP capitalized the company by lending it money.

Example 2: OP receives no salary or wage from the company, but receives capital gains from the company's profits.

Natan

May 22, 2015
In fact most cases they collect 90K as salary for making their samosa steak to put business into deficits.
That is pure foolishness! The taxes paid on wages are significantly higher than the corporate tax rate. If anything, a business person would take a small wage, so as to lower their tax burden.

Natan

May 22, 2015
You could be right but I have seen people took higher wages then put that money in business then claim loses. Here we are talking about op' s t4 and I see problem here and smell cash here instead of proper accouing as per tax obligations. This rq never came random.
You are making quite a few assumptions. With no facts to support your accusations, not even OP's own words, you have accused OP of tax evasion and fraud.

Last edited:

Natan

May 22, 2015
As a business owner of multiple companies , I can tell you, those are not likely the case for most people. Since op never said anything , we should assume the common case.
I wouldn't presume to make any assumptions.

Well, you are in this from August this year and I don't see you are an applicant in any cic matter. Most cases you are finding English grammar mistake from people. So I know your next comment
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Last edited: