+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Raise?

Foma Kiniaev

Sep 10, 2023
Nothing happens except you get more money. Be sure you say thank you to the employer.
I think changing the terms and conditions of employment have to be authorized by IRCC, if the employer implements changes to the contract without authorization than his LMIA can be revoked and the TFW might end up without a job and ruin his PNP/PR application as well as all other TFW's employed at that company. So I wouldn't say thank you to that employer. Make sure you thank me for explaining something you apparently have no idea about, but are misinforming people.

• Haha
Reactions: foodie69

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I think changing the terms and conditions of employment have to be authorized by IRCC, if the employer implements changes to the contract without authorization than his LMIA can be revoked and the TFW might end up without a job and ruin his PNP/PR application as well as all other TFW's employed at that company. So I wouldn't say thank you to that employer. Make sure you thank me for explaining something you apparently have no idea about, but are misinforming people.
If you already know the answer, then why ask in the first place? So, please ELI5.

Or is this another “i got this” thread?

Hello guys,
what happens if I'm on employer specific work permit and the employer gives me a raise?

Reactions: Canada2020eh

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
If you already know the answer, then why ask in the first place? So, please ELI5.

Or is this another “i got this” thread?
Certainly looks like a fishing expedition from the OP's response. But before he/she turned down that raise they should've done a Google search and would have had the official answer pretty quickly, I guess they don't know that Google is everybody's friend. Anybody who decides it's OK to take that raise should still thank their employer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/modification-positive-lmia.html

Reactions: rcincanada2019

Foma Kiniaev

Sep 10, 2023
Certainly looks like a fishing expedition from the OP's response. But before he/she turned down that raise they should've done a Google search and would have had the official answer pretty quickly, I guess they don't know that Google is everybody's friend. Anybody who decides it's OK to take that raise should still thank their employer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/modification-positive-lmia.html
Good thing that you corrected your previous FALSE RESPONSE, looks like you haven't read the info you provided here until now. Certainly doesn't look like you've read it at all.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Good thing that you corrected your previous FALSE RESPONSE, looks like you haven't read the info you provided here until now. Certainly doesn't look like you've read it at all.
What false response did @Canada2020eh provided? From the link they provided it says:

Some examples of minor modifications that do not need to be reported to ESDC include:
  • minor changes in job duties which would not modify the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code
  • increase in wages equal to or less than the highest of:
    • 2%
    • the prevailing wage, or
    • Statistics Canada’s Consumer Price Index, annual inflation rate of previous year. Rate for year 2022 is 6.8%
  • increase in wages to comply with federal, provincial or territorial laws
Note: Prevailing wage is defined as the higher of either:
  • the median wage on Job Bank, or
  • the wage that is within the wage range that you are paying your current employees hired for the same job and work location, and with the same skills and years of experience.

Reactions: Canada2020eh