+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Racist government in Canada!!!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, the immigration system is broken and waiting times are far too long but it also suffers because Canada is a country where many people would like to live and the visa officers constantly get lied to meaning that they have to doubt everybody. Yes, some people are poor and still would like to visit Canada and maybe they don't intend on disappearing and staying illegally but how is the visa officer supposed to know which person will do that and which one wont? Same with spousal applications. There are so many fraud marriages it's insane. How is the visa officer supposed to know which one is a fraud marriage and which one isn't without trying to go into it in depth? This of course makes the processing times only longer for everybody.

A few years ago, Mexican citizens were visa exempt to Canada and then people figured out that they could go to Canada and claim refugee status and many did. The result, CIC imposed a visa on Mexicans, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2009/2009-07-13.asp This is why some countries are visa exempt and others aren't.

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Poseidon64 said:
Hi Vanwilder, I have gotten visitor visas for my wife's parents and sister before. It shouldn't make any difference if you apply for single or multiple entry. If the immigration officer decides your parents are admissible to Canada as visitors, then they are admissible. If not, he/she won't grant the visa. There is no reason the officer would say your parents are admissible, but only once.

I say go for the multiple entry visa. It's only a bit more money, and then your parents can go to Canada for up to 6 months at a time (a year with a visa extension), as many times as they want until their passports expire.
hello Poseidon64, thank you so much for your advise. I am planning to apply for mutiple entry visa for my parents. I just have a small confusion. I need to mail the application to LA canada consulate office. My question is do I mail the entire application package along with passport and other documents together at first place?
I believe i have to submit 2 separate documents 1 for my mother and one for my father. Can you please let me know

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
begaana said:
I lived in America for 7 years getting my PhD at an Ivy League university. I was always known among my friends in the States as a proud Canadian and one who generally defended Canadian ideals such as health care and so on. In the end I got a job offer in Canada and was thrilled and proud to move back to the country of my birth.

But I made one mistake: I married a Pakistani.

Now, a year after filing our spousal sponsorship application, I am beginning to feel that the Canadian government does not want to welcome my wife into Canada, and all of my idealism about coming back to Canada is going down the drain. Although we have done much better than a lot of people on this forum, we have been continually disturbed, depressed and frightened by the long waiting times, the nightmarish complications, and especially the impossibility of getting solid advice from anyone, whether lawyers, employers, or the people at CIC itself.

There are so many reasons why my wife is precisely the sort of person who shouldn't be subjected to this stress. For instance:

- she is the wife of a Canadian citizen, born in Canada, and married entirely legally
- she has a Masters degree from an Ivy League university, easily one of the best schools in the world
- she speaks impeccable English, better than many native English speakers
- she is also taking classes in French
- she is the daughter-in-law of the owners of a Canadian business that has been in operation for more than 30 years, and which is worth at least a few million dollars
- she is a member of a minority which is persecuted in Pakistan; her grandfather was murdered by the Taliban during a suicide bombing several years ago

Why, then, is she facing all of these problems?

I've given it as much thought as I can. First of all, it seems to me that the immigration system is simply broken to a large extent (like the myCIC website, which is definitely broken). The system is incredibly complicated, and no one has the answers. Why is it so terrible? It may be incompetence on the part of the government, or an obsession with downsizing everything including the immigration system, or it may, instead of or in addition to these things, be linked to a desire to stop the influx of immigrants from certain "have-not" countries, including most of Asia and Africa. There is no doubt that there are unscrupulous people out there gaming the system to get in. But what the government is doing—well, doesn't it amount to collective punishment?

The question is, how long are we going to stand for this, and how can we, especially those of us who are Canadians, express our disgust with the government's handling of immigration matters? There are so many of us, it seems; surely we could produce some change? I want to feel proud of being a Canadian again!

Leon said:
Yes, the immigration system is broken and waiting times are far too long but it also suffers because Canada is a country where many people would like to live and the visa officers constantly get lied to meaning that they have to doubt everybody. Yes, some people are poor and still would like to visit Canada and maybe they don't intend on disappearing and staying illegally but how is the visa officer supposed to know which person will do that and which one wont? Same with spousal applications. There are so many fraud marriages it's insane. How is the visa officer supposed to know which one is a fraud marriage and which one isn't without trying to go into it in depth? This of course makes the processing times only longer for everybody.

A few years ago, Mexican citizens were visa exempt to Canada and then people figured out that they could go to Canada and claim refugee status and many did. The result, CIC imposed a visa on Mexicans, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2009/2009-07-13.asp This is why some countries are visa exempt and others aren't.
Begaana, read this - perhaps might give you an idea for the delay

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/26/immigration-officers-tough-it-out-in-pakistan

begaana

Jun 5, 2012
user828, I know all about the "reasons for the delay." My wife worked for an American-funded project in Pakistan. Anyone who works in Pakistan for anything remotely connected to the American (or Canadian) governments is suspected by some Pakistanis of working for a spy agency. My wife's workplace was referred to as "Blackwater" by locals. So my wife and I know exactly how difficult it is for Canadian officers at the High Commission in Islamabad. They're overworked and regarded with suspicion by people surrounding them, and they are forced to live in a bubble. The question is, what is the government doing to make things easier for their own officers? It's very easy for them to sit on their hands and say, "Oh, the Pakistanis are making life hard for us, so we can't do anything." They're the Canadian government. I bet there's a hell of a lot they can do.

All sorts of people commit marriage fraud and all sorts of fraud. Had we committed fraud we probably would have had an easier time of it. Why should my wife, simply because she was born in a certain place, pay for the crimes of fraudsters who happen to come from that place as well?

Personally I doubt that there are many racist officers out there. Once in a while perhaps one will come across one, but the vast majority of them are just doing their job and following procedure. But when the procedures themselves are messed up, when they're understaffed, when websites are broken, when the rules lack clarity, when can the poor guys and gals do?

begaana

Jun 5, 2012
You know, I'm very angry today because my wife has had a pain (a lump?) in her arm for a while, and she can't see a doctor because she's on a visit visa. She misses her family but she must remain here, otherwise she may not be let back in. I'm beginning to question why we content ourselves with the status quo.

If I had NOT been a Canadian returning to Canada for a prestigious job, and if I had instead been a foreigner coming in with a work permit, it would actually have been much easier for my wife to stay with me. Not only that, she would have been authorized to work. Instead of saying, "Well, life's unfair," why don't we see whether the situation can be fixed? For instance, instead of making it so difficult for spouses to visit Canadian citizens, why don't they revive something like a fiance visa, with the proper regulations and controls? I don't claim that this is the solution, I only claim that if there were the will, ideas could be generated to solve this mess.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
begaana said:
You know, I'm very angry today because my wife has had a pain (a lump?) in her arm for a while, and she can't see a doctor because she's on a visit visa. She misses her family but she must remain here, otherwise she may not be let back in. I'm beginning to question why we content ourselves with the status quo.

If I had NOT been a Canadian returning to Canada for a prestigious job, and if I had instead been a foreigner coming in with a work permit, it would actually have been much easier for my wife to stay with me. Not only that, she would have been authorized to work. Instead of saying, "Well, life's unfair," why don't we see whether the situation can be fixed? For instance, instead of making it so difficult for spouses to visit Canadian citizens, why don't they revive something like a fiance visa, with the proper regulations and controls? I don't claim that this is the solution, I only claim that if there were the will, ideas could be generated to solve this mess.
I don't get the "can't see doctor"? surely you not talking about the $50 they charge? he can examine and write her a prescription can't he

As for your 2nd part, yes - its painful to see certain procedures. Here I am waiting 5 years to sponsor folks ( and I would give up ever sponsoring a spouse if there were some strict rules of picking a certain type of family member as they are more important to me ) but I see refugees line up and get benefits etc and get in way quicker and I am talking about the x% false claims

A case irked me real bad, one of my this fellow student I knew in Toronto, said he came to Canada as a refugee when he was 14. He is from India, and I was surprised to see get that successfully. He is a Tamil from South India, came to Canada and said he is a srilankan who smuggled himself to India to survive the killings and thats how he got it

That was disgusting

begaana

Jun 5, 2012
Quickly: user828, thanks for the info regarding visits to a doctor. I have private health insurance for my wife and I know that that doesn't cover checkups, but I didn't know that you can just walk in and get a checkup if you pay. Not sure how it works but there's a doctor we've known for years; I'll take her to him. Thank goodness.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
begaana said:
Quickly: user828, thanks for the info regarding visits to a doctor. I have private health insurance for my wife and I know that that doesn't cover checkups, but I didn't know that you can just walk in and get a checkup if you pay. Not sure how it works but there's a doctor we've known for years; I'll take her to him. Thank goodness.
Its like a visitor coming to Canada for a tour and wanting to see a doctor, it's a straight up $50. I have taken my folks so many times for prescription etc and the doctor ( Indian ) stopped charging me after 2-3 visits so it depends on each doctor. I have actually spent over 2K for my folks dental work, got dentures made and got my mothers cataracts done ( 2K for 1 eye ) privately as well
As long as you can pay - they welcome you and faster service

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user828 said:
Its like a visitor coming to Canada for a tour and wanting to see a doctor, it's a straight up $50. I have taken my folks so many times for prescription etc and the doctor ( Indian ) stopped charging me after 2-3 visits so it depends on each doctor. I have actually spent over 2K for my folks dental work, got dentures made and got my mothers cataracts done ( 2K for 1 eye ) privately as well
As long as you can pay - they welcome you and faster service
It certainly depends on the doctor. When I first moved to Canada, I went and found a young Chinese doctor in the neighbourhood and from the first day, he never charged me for visits. Only when he decided to bring my vaccinations up to date did he charge me something like $5 or 10 for the shot. I didn't even get OHIP right away after 3 months because they were on strike at the time.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
This is what I believe - "People are somewhat racist in every country.".

Does the government ask the general people if they should bring more immigrants in or stop completely? Well, it's nowhere asked and that's why certain people who form government after being chosen/elected by general people take these decisions on their behalf. Canadian government cannot be any different. But I'm pretty sure if you ask every second white in Canada, they will answer to the question negatively. Why? Because it's changing their way of life, religious differences, social values and most importantly taking jobs away.

Now I'm from one of the "3rd World" Asian countries. If these things would have happened in my country and I were working/living there; I would have probably felt same way which is 'racism'. I've visited US, UK, France, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Australia, Malaysia, Thailand, India, UAE & Bahrain and lived in Bangladesh & Canada. I'm a Muslim and yet have to say Arab countries can be racist right on to your face from my experience. On the contrary, Canadians can intelligently hide it. And I love this 'intelligence'.

Adding fuel to fire (Visa-exempt countries), did you know that Doctors from some countries (For example, Australia) just have to pass the medical licensure exams here in Canada and then practice medicine whereas any other IMG (Int'l Med Grad) has to go through residency (which is almost impossible to get) after passing the exams? Isn't it racism as well despite that fact that this profession require training? By the way, my wife is one of the later group.

When you establish a state/ belong to a country; you have to be racist. It is for the interest of your country. It troubles me but there is no fault. And I salute to those few men/women whose mind never come across the skin color or religion as if they were born color blind. I wish I were one of them.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
The word racism is an easy escape to something what is procedure, its flaunted so carelessly. I am from India, and seen more racism amongst south east Asians - Watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sshAhLPuV_I

Russell Peters - Non-White have got White convinced that anything of color = racism, its a comedy show but holds lot of truth, we mention the word racist at the droop of a hat

Immigration makes its mistakes, but who doesn't - nobody's perfect and yet they have invited people from everywhere, let them practice their religions ( anyone seen those videos where these young kids were chanting death to UK while living there, I mean if you hate that culture so much than don't live there but they were quite as if a white person touches a brown it will be racism ) and some are more high risk than others but it doesn't mean they are racist

There are good/bad people in all walks of life

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gotit said:
When it comes to issuing visa to other than Europeans the visa office makes you go through dozens of hoops only to refuse your application for a fabricated reason. I'm hundred percent certain that foreign office has instructed their staff not to issue visas to certain nationals but they don't publicly admit it. This is hypocracy and racism at its worse. I'm a Canadian citizen for well over two decades but never treated as one when it comes to issues that matter. My kids can not invite their grand parents to visit with them as the kids who are white or with European parents.
This changes completely my perspective of Canada and its so called democracy. Shame on those in power and those who allow this to go on....
This is not a forum for racism if you have an issue try Human Rights Tribunal.
Canada is not racist we have a quota of new immigrants and it is filled every year without regard to ones race or religion.
As far as middle eastern countries there are plenty of immigration in Canada from these counties. Personally I want to live in Canada, in Toronto half of the signs in my area are in farsi and korean no one can understand them. I am all for immigration as long as they have respect for Canadians and live as Canadians.