+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rabat VO does it always take so long?!

Alghali11

Mar 4, 2019
I (PR holder) have applied to sponsor my wife from Morocco to Quebec we got married a year ago in Morocco and here's our application timeline so far:
Application submitted: March 18 2022
Application returned (missing signature) : May 25 2022
Application resubmitted: May 26 2022
BIL: September 1 2022
AOR 1: September 3 2022
Sponsor approval, CSQ request, Biometrics done: September 7 2022
CSQ sent: September 12 2022
Medical request: September 15 2022
Medical done: September 19 2022
Medical passed:September 21 2022
CSQ AOR: September 22 2022
CSQ approved: October 12 2022
The application is progressing fairly fast so far, but what concerns me is that the SA file is being handled by Rabat VO now and I have read that they are known to take very long time to process applications compared to other visa offices. we have also submitted a visitor visa application after we got the AOR
I have two questions here for people who might have insights or similar experiences:
1- Are there any certain cases that VO in Rabat takes longer than other cases (for example mixed marriage) or it's just a general situation for all cases there.
2- Did anyone get a dual intent visitor visa approved while applying for a PR? I have mostly been reading about rejected cases

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I (PR holder) have applied to sponsor my wife from Morocco to Quebec we got married a year ago in Morocco and here's our application timeline so far:
The application is progressing fairly fast so far, but what concerns me is that the SA file is being handled by Rabat VO now and I have read that they are known to take very long time to process applications compared to other visa offices. we have also submitted a visitor visa application after we got the AOR
I have two questions here for people who might have insights or similar experiences:
1- Are there any certain cases that VO in Rabat takes longer than other cases (for example mixed marriage) or it's just a general situation for all cases there.
2- Did anyone get a dual intent visitor visa approved while applying for a PR? I have mostly been reading about rejected cases
Slow in general for no really good reason but also slow because many of the sponsorships are arranged marriages, marriages with minimal in person relationship time, many of the sponsorships require interviews, etc. Your date of submission is really May 26 2022 so your application has actually been processed quite fast. No harm trying to apply for a TRV but yes it will be difficult to get approved. Your spouse will need strong times to Morocco like longterm employment, good savings, proof of property, etc. to show she will on,y be visiting you in Canada not moving.

idir70

Dec 1, 2022
HI
Hi Alghali11

did you get a feedback from VO rabat ? your application processing is fast because it was proceed here in Canada,now once it send to Vo Rabat ,you have to cross fingers and pray hihii , I think if you provided all documents required such weeding photos,marriage certificate...., you should be OK and if the IRCC agent is not convince about the file, he /she will ask for interview or/and additional documents . i will not recommend you to apply for a TRV ,there is a 99% chance to get rejected .