+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

R u waiting for AINP nomination

June 2014 AINP

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Neither they r following the processing times
Nor even open about what they are doing..
No one knows whats going on behind the doors..

pnp525

Oct 23, 2014
you know what, I think they really follow the new rules which they post their website a few days ago. those information is reasonable, they know it is time to changes! if they follow the process time, the number of certificates will be run out ! NOV 2013 has a large number !!

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
But they must give us at least some information come on... this is outrages. As if the sky is gonna fall down if they let us know what the f*ck is going on...

Nina64

Mar 7, 2015
hope for the best said:
Nina64,
It depends which country you are from cos some countries their working holiday visa is upto 2 years ( example: Ireland ) so it depends where you are from then you might be able to apply IEC for 2nd year.

However if your country only allowed one year for IEC then I don't see there is any other way you can extend your work permit under current situation. You might ask your current employer if they are wiling to help you to apply for LMIA so you are able to apply for a new WP once the LMIA is approved. However LMIA is not easy to get now especially if you are located in a BIG city such as Edmonton or Calgary.

AINP nomination can't use for EE because Alberta didn't get any quota from EE so that is why no AINP nomination can be used to add the extra 600 points in EE.
Thank you for your answer, "hope for the best"!

I am from France and have already used up my WHV (1 year for us) and the Young Professionals category (18 months), expiring June 30th...
I'm located in Banff...you would think that it's easier to get the LMIA here but employers have become very shy about it.
So I think the only thing I can hope for is to receive the nomination and apply for PR normally, and wait for it somewhere else than Canada...

June 2014 AINP

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
I dont understand one thing why these nov month not coming to an end..
5600 files in nov.. They got few left in 2013, full 5500 in 2014, near about 800 nom used in 2015..
Still dat flood of applications are sitting there..

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
I start thinking that we cannot really trust the information they give us. They can say to us one thing, and the reality is totally different.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
there are 10,000 people waiting for a decision, maybe we should meet up for coffee by the AINP office. Let them know that we are human beings!

June 2014 AINP

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Dnt know man.. Applied in june.. They havent entered in 2014 yet.. So i cannot think about mine this year for sure.. Wp expiring in November.. No Lmia nothing.. Totally fucked up..

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
Yeah, it s not a good time for many of us to wait for years, literally, especially, if you are on a closed wp as myself. So much unemployment right now in ab and it seems like it s going to be worse. Questions are what should we ,closed work permit holders, do if we got laid off?
How to make a living here? How to stay legally and keep our nominations going?
Thanks

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nina64 said:
Thank you for your answer, "hope for the best"!

I am from France and have already used up my WHV (1 year for us) and the Young Professionals category (18 months), expiring June 30th...
I'm located in Banff...you would think that it's easier to get the LMIA here but employers have become very shy about it.
So I think the only thing I can hope for is to receive the nomination and apply for PR normally, and wait for it somewhere else than Canada...
Nina64 sorry to hear that ...maybe you shall apply earlier for AINP.... however AINP is pretty much hopeless cos of the unbelievable long waiting period. And I need to remind you that for AINP you have to maintain working status when they nominate you so if you can't receive AINP nomination before your current WP expired then it will be a big problem for you.
My suggestion to you is trying to find an employer who is willing to apply for LMIA for you ... maybe not just look for employers in Banff ... try to look elsewhere if the ones in Banff are not willing to apply for LMIA. Good Luck