+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

R u waiting for AINP nomination

faith03

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
eddie.r said:
I dont want to be sarcastic but may i ask u what did u do for 5 years? why did u apply just after 4 years? u thought canada will say ohh hey pal here is the PR just for because ?

I came 2013 . since im here im struggling for PR as a cook . now it looked like i can go through express entry finally . then i saw the first draw... LOL ... there is no chance to get the PR with my 403 points. now we have barely 2 months left. my wife has applied for AINP last year april and the office said to us get a new LMIA because we will not get the nomination before our work permit expires. thx... now i dont know what to do ... my daughter is 5 years old and she doesnt want to go back home either .I was paramedic over there (hungary) and i got ridiculous money for it . we can have better future here and now our dreams and plans look like getting over.... well thats a shock my friend
Been here for 5 years also and its a diffrent situation then you still need to gain exprience required before you can apply in addition to that the changing rules have made it more difficult, who wants to be temporary forever. Of course we all want to have a permanent status but there are certain things that we can get hold on too.

eddie.r

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well yes. if u had to change a few times ur workplace ( i dont know why ) or unless u have been in food industry in THE PAST 2 YEARS (skill positions banned from immigration) then i agree that and my apologies . otherwise .....sorry.
i would to quit or change sooo many times also if i didnt like something but i was watching my daughter and i shut my mouth and tolerate all the bullshit. waiting for miracle ... lol

ok chapter closed . im not judging anyone i just asked.

by the way i checked the calgary herald now and i dont understand something. this extension goes just for the semi-skill applicants and who has 4 years already?

seregatema

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
eddie.r said:
I dont want to be sarcastic but may i ask u what did u do for 5 years? why did u apply just after 4 years? u thought canada will say ohh hey pal here is the PR just for because ?

I came 2013 . since im here im struggling for PR as a cook . now it looked like i can go through express entry finally . then i saw the first draw... LOL ... there is no chance to get the PR with my 403 points. now we have barely 2 months left. my wife has applied for AINP last year april and the office said to us get a new LMIA because we will not get the nomination before our work permit expires. thx... now i dont know what to do ... my daughter is 5 years old and she doesnt want to go back home either .I was paramedic over there (hungary) and i got ridiculous money for it . we can have better future here and now our dreams and plans look like getting over.... well thats a shock my friend
I'm sorry did I mention anywhere that I blame Canada?

momodo

Star Member
Oct 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, some ppl were studied here as an international student so after the whole university+master degree that you get a 3 year open work permit... Aren't all of us are the lucky ones that find a nice job right away...It does take time for us to find a job too and it also doesn't mean that the first job you had is the one you willing to stay too. Plus after your probation period at work plus apply the CIC and the waiting time now is 15-18 months or more...Some ppl might have even longer waiting time... Everyone has a different situation

dalma11

Star Member
May 26, 2013
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27/08/2014
Doc's Request.
05/11/2015
Nomination.....
06/11/2015
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-02-2017
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2017
LANDED..........
Inland
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/touch/story.html?id=10782232

momodo

Star Member
Oct 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what about us who is holding the pgwp applied AINP under the Employer-Driven Stream. Theoretically, we are one part of temporary foreign workers too. R we in or not?

Pad

Jan 31, 2015
momodo said:
what about us who is holding the pgwp applied AINP under the Employer-Driven Stream. Theoretically, we are one part of temporary foreign workers too. R we in or not?
Federal government approves bridging measures for Alberta foreign workers

AMANDA STEPHENSON, CALGARY HERALD
More from Amanda Stephenson, Calgary Herald
Published on: February 2, 2015Last Updated: February 2, 2015 6:31 PM MST
Minister of Employment and Social Development Jason Kenney speaks in Ottawa on Thursday, October 2, 2014.

SHARE ADJUST COMMENT PRINT
The federal government has quietly thrown a lifeline to Alberta temporary foreign workers facing a looming April 1 deadline to leave the country.

In a letter sent to Conservative MPs and obtained by the Herald, federal Employment Minister Jason Kenney says a series of transitional measures have been put in place to “help address legitimate concerns that have been raised by employers in Alberta.”

The new measures will help temporary foreign workers transition to permanent residency if they have already applied under the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program but risk having their work permits expire before their applications are processed.

Under the new policy, Alberta temporary foreign workers who are affected by the federally imposed April 1 deadline — the date on which any TFW who arrived in 2011 or earlier will see their contract expire — will be eligible for a one-time, one-year bridging work permit, as long as they’ve already applied for immigration and are in the queue waiting for word on their status.

In addition, the federal government will provide a one-time exemption to these workers that will keep them from being counted under rules imposed last June, which require employers to ensure no more than 10 per cent of their workforce is made up of low-wage TFWs. The exemption will mean employers can continue to seek approvals to bring in new TFWs while their existing workers pursue permanent immigration.

Neither the federal government nor the province made an official announcement about the changes, though Ogho Ikhalo — spokeswoman for the provincial ministry of Jobs, Skills, Training and Labour — said in an interview that discussions have been underway since last fall and the new measures took effect Feb. 1.

Ikhalo cautioned that the bridging measures are not going to be applicable to every TFW looking for a way to extend their stay in the province. However, she estimated that more than 1,000 of the 10,000 individuals currently waiting in Alberta’s provincial nomination queue could be eligible to participate.

“We want the TFWs who are currently in our province to have a stronger chance at permanent residency. We want them to be able to call Alberta home, so that employers can also utilize that workforce,” Ikhalo said. “So this is good news for us.”

Last week, provincial Jobs Minister Ric McIver confirmed that “several thousand” foreign workers currently living in Alberta could see their work permits expire on April 1, a date imposed in 2011 when the federal government first imposed a four-year limit on the length of time TFWs may work in Canada.

While some of those workers are eligible to seek permanent residency through the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program, a glut of applications means current processing times range from 12 to 25 months. Applicants must have an active work permit to apply for permanent residency, but the lengthy wait times mean that many workers could find themselves still in the queue when their permits expire on April 1.

That’s causing significant frustration for employers, many of whom are fearful of losing some of their best and most experienced employees, said Richard Truscott, Alberta director for the Canadian Federation of Independent Business.

“This is very much a looming issue for Alberta, with this April deadline coming up. Our members have been scrambling to find ways to keep these individuals,” Truscott said. “So we’re very happy to see these transitional measures implemented.”

Mark von Schellwitz, Western Canada vice-president for industry group Restaurants Canada, also praised the move.

“We do everything we can to hire Canadians first . . . But not everybody is cut out to work in the high-stress, high-pressure restaurant industry,” he said. “In many cases, these (TFWs) are workers who have worked here and established roots in Alberta communities. They’ll be very, very good Albertans, and it would be unfair to them to have their applications cut short because their work permit has expired.”

But TFW advocate Marco Luciano of Migrante Alberta said there is still too much uncertainty about what these changes will actually mean. He said he has questions about how many bridging permits will actually be available, and is concerned that a one-year extension won’t be enough considering that it could take up to two years to get an application through the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program.

“We believe that there should not be any restrictions for all TFWs that have applied for AINP. These workers should be allowed to stay until they get the results of their application,” Luciano said. “They contributed to the economy of Alberta and have established their lives here. They should be allowed to stay.”

In his letter, Kenney says he’s confident the new measures will not “undermine” reforms to the TFW program instituted by the federal government in June. In addition to the cap on the number of low-wage foreign workers an employer can use, the reforms also limit access to foreign workers for employers in areas of high unemployment, and make the process of applying for temporary foreign workers more expensive.

astephenson@calgaryherald.com

Twitter.com/AmandaMsteph

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
eddie.r said:
Well yes. if u had to change a few times ur workplace ( i dont know why ) or unless u have been in food industry in THE PAST 2 YEARS (skill positions banned from immigration) then i agree that and my apologies . otherwise .....sorry.
i would to quit or change sooo many times also if i didnt like something but i was watching my daughter and i shut my mouth and tolerate all the bull*censored word*. waiting for miracle ... lol

ok chapter closed . im not judging anyone i just asked.

by the way i checked the calgary herald now and i dont understand something. this extension goes just for the semi-skill applicants and who has 4 years already?
Do you have to be so arrogant? You came here in 2013 an expect to become a PR that fast? There are people who has been studying, working and living here for years and still struggling to become permanent. So don't be surprised if you end up packing your stuff. Besides comparing Ukraine with Hungary is like comparing apples to oranges...there is a WAR if you didn't know.

June 2014 AINP

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Phil89 said:
Do you have to be so arrogant? You came here in 2013 an expect to become a PR that fast? There are people who has been studying, working and living here for years and still struggling to become permanent. So don't be surprised if you end up packing your stuff. Besides comparing Ukraine with Hungary is like comparing apples to oranges...there is a WAR if you didn't know.
Well said phil..

addjoeyu

Feb 3, 2015
calgaryherald.com/business/local-business/federal-government-approves-bridging-measures-for-alberta-foreign-workers#

so this is what Albertans/Canadians think about us....

eddie.r

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey relax guys . I didn't attack anyone just I had a question . focus on this new visa. I will go to the office tomorrow and ask them how it works and who can apply for it . :-X

Masssa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO - Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AINP - Jan 19, 2015
AOR Received.
XEP April 24th. EP # May 28th
Med's Request
May 30th
Med's Done....
June 3rd
Passport Req..
Jan 29th
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2011
seregatema said:
I'm sorry did I mention anywhere that I blame Canada?

Don't go back to Ukraine. Can u apply for refugee claim. Saying if your families back there have received invitation for u to join army. And we both know u have no choice but go to a war or u can go to prison. Maybe based on this ground u could be eligible for refugee status

Angel1517

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Laguna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2012
Med's Request
11-05-2012
Med's Done....
14-05-2012 forward to CEM 30-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2012
LANDED..........
pRaYiNg...
eddie.r said:
Hey relax guys . I didn't attack anyone just I had a question . focus on this new visa. I will go to the office tomorrow and ask them how it works and who can apply for it . :-X
Please share i want to know how it works.