Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-02-2014
hi guys,

maybe i worry to much, but here is my concern:

The postal box is available to everyone in the place where I currently live. It is not lockable and it is placed in the place where many pedestrians walk through. I afraid that someone can take my mail - it already happened once. When I asked at Canada Post, they advice me to rent a postal box and forward all incoming mail there. However, they said that they are not able to forward mail with "not to forward" feather. So here is my question:

1. Do the letters from CIC (invitation for test, and then for oath) have "do not forward" or "not to forward" signs on them?
2. Is it possible to give CIC postal box instead of regular address?

Any advice?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
hi guys,

The postal box is available to everyone in the place where I currently live. It is not lockable and it is placed in the place where many pedestrians walk through. I afraid that someone can take my mail - it already happened once. When I asked at Canada Post, they advice me to rent a postal box and forward all incoming mail there. However, they said that they are not able to forward mail with "not to forward" feather. So here is my question:

1. Do the letters from CIC (invitation for test, and then for oath) have "do not forward" or "not to forward" signs on them?

Any advice?
Not sure about #1. Haven't received any physical correspondence from them yet.

For #2, I believe it's perfectly fine to use a PO box. IRCC uses Canada Post, AFAIK.

yitap

Feb 5, 2018
hi guys,

Any advice?
Why do you need the Mail for? the test invitation contains a PDF that includes everything you need to know + it mentions that you need to bring the attached document printed with you.
It contains the date the time and the location :) not sure if it is different for oath though.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Why do you need the Mail for? the test invitation contains a PDF that includes everything you need to know + it mentions that you need to bring the attached document printed with you.
It contains the date the time and the location :)
Test and oath invites can be sent by regular mail or email. Although these days, they are generally sent by email, but you never know. Some people did receive it by regular mail.