QUICK QUESTION...THIS ONE IS EASY FOR YOU HAHA

octhavio

Jan 4, 2012
BRAZIL
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello my fellow forum colleagues,

Just a quick question regarding a topic that I may have been misinformed by a friend of mine:

- if I apply for a student visa enrolled in a course with length of less than six months, lets say TWO months. Will my VISA be valid for those two months or the six months of standard validity of a temporary resident VISA?

thank you for your kind attention

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
octhavio said:
Hello my fellow forum colleagues,

Just a quick question regarding a topic that I may have been misinformed by a friend of mine:

- if I apply for a student visa enrolled in a course with length of less than six months, lets say TWO months. Will my VISA be valid for those two months or the six months of standard validity of a temporary resident VISA?

thank you for your kind attention
Hi,

1. You do NOT need a study permit for courses less thn 6 months.
2. With a valid TRV in hand, you are NOT eligible to apply for a study permit while in Canada.

octhavio

Jan 4, 2012
BRAZIL
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enfield said:
Hi,

1. You do NOT need a study permit for courses less thn 6 months.
2. With a valid TRV in hand, you are NOT eligible to apply for a study permit while in Canada.
Thank you for the enlightment my friend

Another thing...say that I have a TRV in hands and want to enroll in another course which will exceed the validity of my VISA...can I extend it?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
octhavio said:
Thank you for the enlightment my friend

Another thing...say that I have a TRV in hands and want to enroll in another course which will exceed the validity of my VISA...can I extend it?
Hi,

1. Absolutely NO.
2. Must apply for a study permit outside of Canada.