+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quick Question - Appreciate your help on documentation for PR renewal. (Thanks)

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
I am submitting my renewal for PR tomorrow.

I have a business travel, so the request for PR renewal will be based on "Urgent Request".

I would like to ask you the following questions.

1) As of 10th Oct, I have been 1091 days out of Canada, so I know that I am safe to apply for PR renewal right now. I have no choice as I have an urgent business travel in 3 weeks. This leaves me with a buffer of just 4 days, but I have verified with CBSA records my details. Any comments?

2) I am submitting as documents: Passport (with translations), last 2 copies of Notice of Assessments (since I was non resident before that). copy of Health Card, Copy of Driving License. I understand that they require these and that's all I am sending. My question is Do I need to send any other documents?

BlackDisc

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. CBSA documents all Canada entries but only Canada/US exits so you need to evaluate your entry/exit stamps to other countries for the actual absence situation.

2. The form and guides detail what's needed....if you feel the need to add anything then only add documentary evidence of 'active' physical presence e.g. a bill from the dentist for say a root canal....something 'passive' like a utility bill carries little weight...you don't have to be in Canada to have the utility supply but you sure had to be here to get that tooth taken care of eh!

3. Check the forum for lots of examples of PR Card applicants renewing at say day 731 and leaving Canada. Well your RO clock continues to tick so you may fall into breach again with a risk of report at re-entry. Depending on your citizenship and what passport you hold lack of a PR Card could range from being a minor inconvenience as you get held up at Secondary Inspection to a major issue with you stuck outside Canada.