+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quick question about ROE

joshm

Mar 17, 2014
Does anyone know whether Service Canada accepts photocopies of ROE submitted by employee? My previous employer only gave me a scanned copy of my ROE after I asked him few times as I'm working in another city now and I have no idea whether he has submitted the original copy to Service Canada.
My consult-ant has advised me to submit my ROE as supporting document in response to the issue stated on my gcms notes.

Thanks!

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
If you have online access to your Service Canada account then the ROE can be downloaded there.
I "think" employers are required by law to submit ROEs.

joshm

Mar 17, 2014
MenicMonday said:
If you have online access to your Service Canada account then the ROE can be downloaded there.
I "think" employers are required by law to submit ROEs.
Yes, I do have an online account. But no records of my ROE unfortunately......

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Not all employers submit the ROE to CRA. Sometimes you have to manually hand it to CRA.

Send HR a letter in writing and formally ask for an original employee copy. Any legitimate employer would be more inclined to respond to a written request.

Also if you plan to submit it for CEC application, it's not mandatory but it is good supporting documentation.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It is REQUIRED for your employer to submit the ROE to Service Canada - If your employer has given you a scanned copy, most likely a paper copy has been submitted to Service Canada.

I'm not quite sure what the problem is with the scanned copy - same thing as a photocopy, it will be accepted (by either Service Canada or CIC, not clear to me which agency you plan on sending it to...)

I would be more concerned with the details on the form - are they accurate?

joshm

Mar 17, 2014
jes_ON said:
It is REQUIRED for your employer to submit the ROE to Service Canada - If your employer has given you a scanned copy, most likely a paper copy has been submitted to Service Canada.

I'm not quite sure what the problem is with the scanned copy - same thing as a photocopy, it will be accepted (by either Service Canada or CIC, not clear to me which agency you plan on sending it to...)

I would be more concerned with the details on the form - are they accurate?
thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, I'm thinking of submitting the scanned copy of my roe so Service Canada would have a record of my employment. I don't know if my manager took the urge to send my ROE because he's in the US most of the time. I've checked the details on the form and they are accurate.