+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions to students who are already in Canada-----Academic Books

ug83

Star Member
Apr 23, 2011
Guys i will really appreciate if you can answer the question related to Academic books for all the new comers like me....

I have Noticed that the cost of Academic books are too high in canada and i was just wondering that we being an asians can save money by buying the course books from India / Pakistan.... I want to know that what is the difference between a same book which has two editions i.e canadian and indian.... e.g

e.g canadian University suggests " Marketing Management 13th Canadian Edition Philip Kotler, Kevin Keller, Peggy Cunningham, Sivaramakrishnan Pearson Education Canada where as here in pakistan the same book is availble but thats an indian edition ..... price difference is like in canada its ( $ 130 ) and indian edition is only ( $10) .

please suggest shall i buy my course books from pakistan.....will the content inside the books be the same?

regards

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

It's cheap due to publisher license to print and distribute with in a specific country/countries.

Even in my case, one of the required book cost CAD 47 in Canada (via Amazon) and the same in India cost CAD 14 (due to an exclusive publisher license to print and distribute with in India).

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ug83 said:
Ahan.............so shall i buy the books from pakistan? wat do u recommend?
Hi,

At least in my case, I am going to buy it online in India. The same book (part of my study program) is available for CAD 19 and CAD 14.

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
enfield said:
Hi,

At least in my case, I am going to buy it online in India. The same book (part of my study program) is available for CAD 19 and CAD 14.
Is there any place where we can look up details of the book/s required for the program? Sorry I dint find any so was wondering if I am looking at the right page.

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
sanity said:
Is there any place where we can look up details of the book/s required for the program? Sorry I dint find any so was wondering if I am looking at the right page.
Which college and course are you going for?

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
royalsting said:
Which college and course are you going for?
Humber college - Project Management

ug83

Star Member
Apr 23, 2011
@ Sanity ..I think the best way is to try finding out the senior member from Humber facebook page.... i did the same and got the name of the required books.....

so seniors u recommend that there is no difference in the content of the books either we buy the canadian or indian edition????

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
sanity said:
Humber college - Project Management
Go to this link: http://www.bkstr.com/CategoryDisplay/10001-9604-10303-1?demoKey=d

Select "ALL" under Select your program and Select "PMPG" under your Department. You will see all the courses (subjects) you have under the "Course" option. See the ones relevant to the first sem from the following link and find out the books you have in your syllabus.

Check your curriculum from this link: http://www.humber.ca/program/project-management#curriculum

I haven't tried with other colleges but its totally possible one just needs to know their curriculum and courses. Then visit " http://www.bkstr.com/ ".

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ug83 said:
@ Sanity ..I think the best way is to try finding out the senior member from Humber facebook page.... i did the same and got the name of the required books.....

so seniors u recommend that there is no difference in the content of the books either we buy the canadian or indian edition????
Hi,

1. I agree with ug83. It's a good suggestion.

2. In my case, I got a mail from my school to complete reading a book on marketing (a Harvard Publication, not a text book but more a story book) before class starts. So, I got it's name, ISBN number, Author name and ways to purchase it online.

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
Hmm. You can even post on FB page of your college asking for used books, there might be couple of people putting it up for sale on FB page. I got my books that way.