+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions That I'm Having Trouble With Sponsor Package

Cleric515

Mar 12, 2014
Hey guys, back once again as we're almost done with getting everything in order to be sent off. I did run into a couple brick walls to say the least. I've provided pics with the 5 questions that I'm having trouble with and could certainly use some guidance and answers to.

Does this mean that I need to also include a medical statement for myself to include in the sponsor package?

I was raised in foster care from the age of 5 on so I have no clue where he lives and neither does the rest of my family, is it ok to put my step-dad down instead?

This next one I have two questions for 1) the applicant name and date of birth, is that supposed to be my spouse's name and birth date? 2)is my spouse the principal applicant(sponsored person) as she is the only one i'm sponsoring to come over to canada

I'm confused by the word undertaking but I'm going to assume it means take under my wing hence providing for my spouse so all the boxes would I place a "0" except for 6.a) Your spouse or common-law etc etc and then for question "7." I would put 2 in the box to include myself and my spouse?

I know these are a lot of questions but they were the only ones I ran into, appreciate the help, hope you guys can make sense of the pics

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cleric515 said:
Hey guys, back once again as we're almost done with getting everything in order to be sent off. I did run into a couple brick walls to say the least. I've provided pics with the 5 questions that I'm having trouble with and could certainly use some guidance and answers to.

Does this mean that I need to also include a medical statement for myself to include in the sponsor package?

I was raised in foster care from the age of 5 on so I have no clue where he lives and neither does the rest of my family, is it ok to put my step-dad down instead?

This next one I have two questions for 1) the applicant name and date of birth, is that supposed to be my spouse's name and birth date? 2)is my spouse the principal applicant(sponsored person) as she is the only one i'm sponsoring to come over to canada

I'm confused by the word undertaking but I'm going to assume it means take under my wing hence providing for my spouse so all the boxes would I place a "0" except for 6.a) Your spouse or common-law etc etc and then for question "7." I would put 2 in the box to include myself and my spouse?

I know these are a lot of questions but they were the only ones I ran into, appreciate the help, hope you guys can make sense of the pics
Nice touch with the pics.

1. Medical condition statement if a dependent child included in your application is adopted. Do you even have any children as dependents on your application, let alone adopted? If you don't, then you don't need this.

2. Put your fathers name down as it states on your birth certificate and write down his address as unknown. Include a cover letter explaining why you don't know his address. It will not be a problem.

3. Where it says "sponsors signature" they mean you. Where it says "sponsored person (principal applicant)" they mean her.

4. Your spouse would be in 5.A. under "current undertaking" and the last line, you'd put 2 to indicate you 2.

msdaybreak

Sep 14, 2014
Leon said:
Do you even have any children as dependents on your application, let alone adopted? If you don't, then you don't need this.
Hi,

In case we need to use this form, do we need to include proof like a medical report?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msdaybreak said:
Hi,

In case we need to use this form, do we need to include proof like a medical report?
In case you are sponsoring an adopted child, you can find the form for this here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/med-conditions.pdf

The child will of course have to have medicals for the PR but it says in the form that you should inform yourself about your adopted child's health too. It does not say you need any further proof.

msdaybreak

Sep 14, 2014
Thanks, I have that form with me now. Yes, I am sponsoring one. Should I arrange now for the medical exam (with the panel physicians)? I just read that they need this Medical Report form (IMM 1017E) when she goes for the medical exam. I have been searching and I can't find it or where can I request for this?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msdaybreak said:
Thanks, I have that form with me now. Yes, I am sponsoring one. Should I arrange now for the medical exam (with the panel physicians)? I just read that they need this Medical Report form (IMM 1017E) when she goes for the medical exam. I have been searching and I can't find it or where can I request for this?
The doctor already has this form and may give it to you as proof that the medical was done, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/exam/instructions.asp and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

Once your medical exam has been completed, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you underwent a medical exam. You must include a copy of that document with your application.

If the doctor works with the eMedical electronic system:
•they will give you an up-front medical notification printout.

If the doctor works with a paper system:
•they will give you a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form.

You must attach that form to your application before you submit it to the visa office. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application.

msdaybreak

Sep 14, 2014
Hello,

I checked the clinic (from the list of panel physicians) online for instructions and I read that the "Medical Examination Instruction Letter from the Canadian Embassy" must be received first and as I understand they need to see it. The File No. is also being asked and we are not yet in that stage. We don't have that yet for my daughter as I am still in the process of submitting the application to sponsor her. I am now confused! For the purpose of filling up the Medical Condition Statement, isn't it I have to send her to a a clinic from the list of panel physicians (in my home country)? So, do I send her to a clinic from this list? Please, can someone clarify this for me? Thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msdaybreak said:
Hello,

I checked the clinic (from the list of panel physicians) online for instructions and I read that the "Medical Examination Instruction Letter from the Canadian Embassy" must be received first and as I understand they need to see it. The File No. is also being asked and we are not yet in that stage. We don't have that yet for my daughter as I am still in the process of submitting the application to sponsor her. I am now confused! For the purpose of filling up the Medical Condition Statement, isn't it I have to send her to a a clinic from the list of panel physicians (in my home country)? So, do I send her to a clinic from this list? Please, can someone clarify this for me? Thanks!
If you read one of the links I posted for you, you will see this:

There are two ways you can have an immigration medical exam, depending on your immigration category

▼ Wait for instructions once you have submitted your application

Instructions issued by CIC:

You will be instructed to go for a medical exam within 60 days of receiving the notice.

Instructions issued by Border Services Officer:

If you make a refugee claim at a port of entry, a Border Services Officer will instruct you to get a medical exam within 30 days.

Note: Failure to follow these instructions may result in your application being refused.

▼ Undergo your exam before you submit your application (Only for certain Family Class applicants)

This is called an up front medical exam.

You can contact a panel physician directly to get your medical exam if you apply under one of the following categories:
•Family Class: Spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner
•Family Class: Dependent children of the sponsor or the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner
Here are your forms for sponsoring an adopted child: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/family.asp There in the instruction guide, it says:

What will the person you want to sponsor have to do?

Once you receive the approval in principle and the file is opened at the Canadian visa office, the person you want to sponsor and his family members, if applicable, will have to:
•complete the forms included with Guide 3998 – Sponsorship of adopted children and other relatives and provide the required documents,
undergo a medical examination (results of the medical examination are valid for 12 months),

Note: The visa office will send the person you are sponsoring and his or her family members instructions on how to proceed.

•pass criminal and security checks,
•obtain passports and, in some countries, an exit visas,
•attend an interview at a Canadian visa office, if required.
So according to that, for this type of application, you should wait for the medical instructions from the visa office before you send her to get the examination.

As for the statement of medical condition, that has nothing to do whatsoever with the medicals needed for immigration. It is just your statement that you have looked at the child's health records and know about their issues if they have any. I assume they have put it in there to make sure that people look at the medical records of children before they adopt and sponsor as it is in the best interest of both the parents and child, that if the child is special needs, the parents know about it beforehand and also to what extent. If you have not seen any medical records for the child and you do not know about the health of the child and would like to know, take her to a normal doctor and get her a check up and then you know. If you are however certain that the child doesn't have any health problems or you have seen health records already and know about the issues, then sign the statement and let that be it.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon, you should be immigration lawyer or consultant or working for CIC! You're so good and familiar with these immigration matters! ;)

msdaybreak

Sep 14, 2014
Hi Leon,

Thank you again for the loads of information you have shared. Very helpful! I just have another question: In the Medical Condition Statement, there's a box asking for the "File number". I do not have one yet. Do I just leave this blank or shall I put "NA"?

I'm almost ready to submit my application. I am checking all the docs now and I hope I have everything they required.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msdaybreak said:
Hi Leon,

Thank you again for the loads of information you have shared. Very helpful! I just have another question: In the Medical Condition Statement, there's a box asking for the "File number". I do not have one yet. Do I just leave this blank or shall I put "NA"?

I'm almost ready to submit my application. I am checking all the docs now and I hope I have everything they required.
If you don't know it yet, leave it blank.