+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions- study permit application form.

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
Q1. Have you ever been refused any kind of visa, admission, or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

May I know what kind of information this question is asking for? According to my own interpretation of the question's wording.

For example, If I have been refused from three different countries apart from Canada. Let's say, student/tourist etc

1. USA - Student Visa
2. Australia - Student Visa
3. Italy- Tourist Visa

etc

Will I have to mention details why I was refused from these three countries if I answer "yes" to this question.

Q2. Room and Board? what amount will you write here? is it like total living expense exluding books/student fees? --- there is another subpart "OTHER".

Thanks

Reactions: Abdi olow

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
rockers2012 said:
Q1. Have you ever been refused any kind of visa, admission, or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

May I know what kind of information this question is asking for? According to my own interpretation of the question's wording.

For example, If I have been refused from three different countries apart from Canada. Let's say, student/tourist etc

1. USA - Student Visa
2. Australia - Student Visa
3. Italy- Tourist Visa

etc

Will I have to mention details why I was refused from these three countries if I answer "yes" to this question.

Q2. Room and Board? what amount will you write here? is it like total living expense exluding books/student fees? --- there is another subpart "OTHER".

Thanks
The first question does not seem to ask for the reasons for refusal of visa. So i think that might be irrelevant. All you need to mention are the countries and type of visa refused in the past. That's my interpretation of the question.

Secondly generally people assume CAD 15000 for living board etc. I wrote the same amount too and my adviser said the same.

ameet747

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Not Applicable
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
I think the first part of the question about refusal of visa is applicable to Canada, but the 'any other country' part applies to both Canada and rest of the world.
So, in other words, if you have been refused a visa for anywhere except Canada, you don't need to mention it. If you've been refused or returned from a port of entry in ANY country, you need to mention it. At least that's my interpretation of the question.
I was refused a US tourist visa once but I did not mention it in my application and it workd for me. Good luck to you.

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
ameet747 said:
I think the first part of the question about refusal of visa is applicable to Canada, but the 'any other country' part applies to both Canada and rest of the world.
So, in other words, if you have been refused a visa for anywhere except Canada, you don't need to mention it. If you've been refused or returned from a port of entry in ANY country, you need to mention it. At least that's my interpretation of the question.
I was refused a US tourist visa once but I did not mention it in my application and it workd for me. Good luck to you.
However, did you have a refusal stamp on the passport for your US tourist visa? If yes, then your interpretation is correct. Only deportation part is applicable to "any other country"/rest of the world.

ameet747

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Not Applicable
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
No, US does not stamp your passport with 'denied/refused visa' in India. But, that's not the point because different embassies of different countries share information anyway. So, if they had to find out about it, they won't necessarily rely on the stamp in passport. They have other more reliable means to find that out.

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
wfsoomro said:
The first question does not seem to ask for the reasons for refusal of visa. So i think that might be irrelevant. All you need to mention are the countries and type of visa refused in the past. That's my interpretation of the question.

Secondly generally people assume CAD 15000 for living board etc. I wrote the same amount too and my adviser said the same.
what exactly did you write in "other" or leave it blank ?

E.g, Tuition= $14,000 , Room and Board= $15,000, Other = ?

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
I left "other" as blank. My fees was around 13000 and I showed living as 15000. That's it.

VPS123

May 10, 2012
Trivandrum, Kerala
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tuition fees= One year tuition fees(say 14,000CAD)
Room and board= One year living expense(say 10,000CAD)
Others= Remaining amount (say 5000CAD)

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
One more query. If you are a fresh graduate from high school and has no employment history for the last 10 years.

What exactly a high school student would write there in the employment section on the application form.

From YYYY MM to YYYY MM Current activity/Occupation Company/Employer/facility name

Note: Something has to be filled in there otherwise it is not going to validate the form and create a bar code.

Should I just write "student" under Current activity/Occupation? Then, "None' under Company/Employer/facility name etc

ameet747

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Not Applicable
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
I had a mix of employment plus studies for past 10 years. Even though it asks specifically for 'employment' details, it's always advisable to add details of your studies as well if you were a student for last 10 years. I confirmed that from 2 agents here in Delhi, even though I applied to University and for visa on my own from start to finish.

Dav1d0

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VPS123 said:
Tuition fees= One year tuition fees(say 14,000CAD)
Room and board= One year living expense(say 10,000CAD)
Others= Remaining amount (say 5000CAD)
cost of studies question should reflect your estimated cost for One year or for total years of studies?

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
ameet747 said:
I had a mix of employment plus studies for past 10 years. Even though it asks specifically for 'employment' details, it's always advisable to add details of your studies as well if you were a student for last 10 years. I confirmed that from 2 agents here in Delhi, even though I applied to University and for visa on my own from start to finish.
writing education details under employment section sound odd. They already have a separate section for education.

I'm waiting for a reply from a Pakistani applicant. How did they they fill the form in case if they were not working?