+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

questions regarding visa and permit

Jeck

Jun 28, 2011
Hi, I have a visa(status as student) and a study permit both expires in 30 september 2011. What should i do in order for me to be able to stay in canada for a longer period?

my current condition: studying and will be graduating end of July. A pastry chef is hiring me.

I have searched informations on internet for months now and i become more and more confused... i really dont know what should i apply now. really need help urgently.. =(

henrysmith78

Jun 28, 2011
If the pastry chef is offering you a job you will need to get a work permit in order to be able to work legally in Canada.

To get information on how to get a work permit just check out cic.gc.ca

Jeck

Jun 28, 2011
thanks for the reply. but now my visa is expiring on 30 sept 2011, and its a student visa. one more month i will be finishing school and will not count as student anymore, so should i apply for a work visa, or i just apply for a work permit, if it approves then i will automatically granted work visa too?

and i also saw on internet some said i cant change my visa's condition, i have to leave canada and then apply for work visa then only i can come to canada again. it's so confusing.. :S

Jeck

Jun 28, 2011
thanks henrysmith! I have sent an email to your email, hope u have the information that i need, thanks! =)