+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding signature for online application

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
So can we print, sign and upload the family information form?

I know they allow you to fill it out online, but how do we sign that form and how do we fill out the names in our native language (which is a requirement)?
Yes i did print sign scan and loaded fiamly information always and also have approved trv .

Bravo007

Oct 25, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I am applying for SINP and got couple of forms . Schedule A/background and family background form unable to sign or validate . Now my question is when we apply online do we have to sign manually and scan and upload or just upload ? If we have to do electronically .. sign section is locked ..I can’t e-sign. Please help me guys . Stuck here

ramsal

Sep 24, 2019
Hi everyone,
Am about to submit my Canada online visa application. Please where would i attach or upload my family documents. Have fill the family form 5456. Can attach it to form together. Thank

Rusty2020

Feb 17, 2020
Why don't you guys read the complete topic before posting questions? Nobody has that much time to answer the same wuestion again and again when it has been clearly answered.
I have looked through the complete topic+the Government website about 20 times, but couldn't find any clear explanation whether we need or not to sign forms other than the Application Form. This is why people will be asking again and again.

issprof

Sep 15, 2017
Most of the IRCC Forms are created in a way on which you can not do signature digitally or embed your signature (as an image) into the PDF. Even if you purchase Adobe Acrobar Pro DC for 14 Canadian dollars - you will not be able to do it. But there is a way I just happen to find.

Open the IRCC Application Form. (Example PRTD PDF Form: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5524e.pdf). Save the form on our computer first and then open it with Adobe Reader DC. After you fill up the form you click on the "Print Form" button which can be found on top of each page. From the Print Dialog Box -> Choose Printer as "Microsof XPS Document Writer" and click on "Print" button. The system will ask you to save the file in OXPS format. Just save the file in any folder in your machine.

Now, go to that folder and right-click on the .oxps file you just created. You should see an option called "Convert to Adobe PDF". You can select this option to save the file in PDF format now. After you successfully created the PDF file.

Hope this helps!

RR20

Nov 8, 2020
I am applying for SINP and got couple of forms . Schedule A/background and family background form unable to sign or validate . Now my question is when we apply online do we have to sign manually and scan and upload or just upload ? If we have to do electronically .. sign section is locked ..I can’t e-sign. Please help me guys . Stuck here
Hey ...I'm about to submit my SINP application and I've the same question. What did you do about the signature ?
Also, did you write your name in native language ? Any help will be greatly appreciated

Feb 19, 2021
I have a question. The application stated we have to fill the form in english as well as in our native language, do we really need to do that??

inder bangari

May 21, 2022
Based on the link below, online applications shouldn't be printed out and signed:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=740&t=23

"If you are applying online, do not print out your application form to sign it.

After you upload your application form and supporting documents, you’ll be prompted to type your name in when you want to pay and submit your application. This is your electronic signature.
"
\

Can a reprentative sign the form on behalf of the applicant