20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
smk_ujs said:
So can we print, sign and upload the family information form?

I know they allow you to fill it out online, but how do we sign that form and how do we fill out the names in our native language (which is a requirement)?
Yes, totally.

The only form that should not be modified is the application form (IMM5257).

smk_ujs

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
Great thanks!

now when I try to upload the form or even try to email it, I see the following problem:
******************************************************************************************************
Please wait...

If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF

viewer may not be able to display this type of document.

You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by

visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.

For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.

Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark

of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other

countries.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Now is this a pdf viewer issue? how can i resolve this? is this a problem on just my end or every computer sees the problem? However, when I open the form in Acrobat reader, then it works fine. Any suggestions?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
smk_ujs said:
Now is this a pdf viewer issue? how can i resolve this? is this a problem on just my end or every computer sees the problem? However, when I open the form in Acrobat reader, then it works fine. Any suggestions?
This is your problem.

Try changing of browser, computer, clearing cache, etc.

horlytee

Nov 14, 2016
Keephope said:
Right, no need to print & sign by hand. Electronically to be signed at the end when they ask if all the info you submitted is correct. Supported documents or the attested ones should be signed for sure. Only the application forms cic provides to fill out can escape the signing process.
But i can print out and fill and the scanned and attached it back as pdf and then upload right ?

smk_ujs

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
Does letter of support provided by financial supporter also need to be printed and signed or can we just write a digital letter and upload it with our name and date and contact number?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
horlytee said:
I did all you said..But still same problem
I would suggest going to an office depot or staples and have someone that knows about computers to help you.

horlytee said:
But i can print out and fill and the scanned and attached it back as pdf and then upload right ?
That is the only way to go.

smk_ujs said:
Does letter of support provided by financial supporter also need to be printed and signed or can we just write a digital letter and upload it with our name and date and contact number?
THis one in particular has to be signed (Unless you have means of certified electronic signature).

gursimransingh

Jun 16, 2017
I am applying for study permit , i will submit my application online, do my transcripts and IELTS trf needs to be attested by notary public when i upload them .. or can i directly upload them by scanning

eamonnkenn

Nov 29, 2017
Thanks for the help! Another question I have two passports but will only be using one to travel, do I need to upload copies of both?

Tamgole

Feb 18, 2018
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Fxg
NOC Code......
Fhh
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Dear sir , I have valid USA visit visa .(I have just went for visit to USA) now I want to apply Canada visit visa for me and my spouse and two kids . So my problem is how to sign 5257 form digital sign? And for my kids I have to submit custodian form also or I can upload them birth certificate ? And for travel history I have to submit all emigration stamp or only USA visa page?

Feb 7, 2018
I'm doing an online application and need to sign a Statutory Declaration of Common Law (IMM 5409). Now I understand that my 'signature' is not that important, and probably also not my partner's, but this form also needs to be signed by a notary public. I haven't visited the notary yet and am not sure whether they are willing to simple put their name on the online form. If they are, can I be sure that it is sufficient? Or is a signature more important in this case? Thank you!

Jan 21, 2019
Hello Everyone, I was trying to apply for visitor visa. And i have completely filled my application form and also allowed me to sign electronically, but the problem is with the family information form which doesn't allow me to sign electronically ? whats the solution. Do i need to print that form and sign by hand and scan and that form and then upload this family information form ? Is that the only option ????? please respond

Thanks

Elene_Ruby

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Based on the link below, online applications shouldn't be printed out and signed:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=740&t=23

"If you are applying online, do not print out your application form to sign it.

After you upload your application form and supporting documents, you’ll be prompted to type your name in when you want to pay and submit your application. This is your electronic signature.
"
That conserns Application Form. What about Family Info Form IMM5645 - do we sign it by hand?

parteek

May 31, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
Pre-Medical Done for wife
Why don't you guys read the complete topic before posting questions? Nobody has that much time to answer the same wuestion again and again when it has been clearly answered.