+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions Regarding Express Entry Profile!

r1987

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/15
Nomination.....
17/09/15
AOR Received.
06/10/15
Med's Done....
29/06/15
LANDED..........
Inland
Q 1: Under Study and Languages => Education History:
a) Should one enter the highest achieved Degree/Diploma only or all Diplomas/Degrees?
b) I have completed an undergraduate diploma from a Canadian college which then I used to receive direct entree to the final year of my university degree here in Canada. Both (diploma/degree) achieved from different institutes in two different provinces. Should I enter my degree only in the express entry using start date of the diploma or should I enter both the Diploma and the degree with the correspondent start and end dates???
*I am afraid that system will reward me points for the diploma and degree; whereas diploma was used to receive advance standing in the university.

Q2: Under Work History
a) => Occupation : When you did first became qualified to practice in this occupation?
Not clear of what date should I enter as my occupation does not fall under regulated job category! Should I use the date I graduate or when first I got the job in the NOC?

b) => Intended work in Canada: Four digit NOC code of current work permit!!!!
Since I am on Post Graduate Work Permit, there is no NOC code on my current work permit. Also, there is no option for N/A or to leave it blank. What should I do? Some people advised me to just put my current job NOC; however, nothing is noted on my Work Permit??!

c) => Intended work history:
Instruction says “Do not enter any work related to or performed during an apprenticeship process.” How about summer work experience, since it is not qualified toward work experience nor related to an apprenticeship/co-op, should I leave it out or enter it (summer job) with putting Yes in “Studying full-time while doing this job” field??

r1987

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/15
Nomination.....
17/09/15
AOR Received.
06/10/15
Med's Done....
29/06/15
LANDED..........
Inland
Anybody?!!!

cosgrec

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
r1987 said:
Q 1: Under Study and Languages => Education History:
a) Should one enter the highest achieved Degree/Diploma only or all Diplomas/Degrees?
b) I have completed an undergraduate diploma from a Canadian college which then I used to receive direct entree to the final year of my university degree here in Canada. Both (diploma/degree) achieved from different institutes in two different provinces. Should I enter my degree only in the express entry using start date of the diploma or should I enter both the Diploma and the degree with the correspondent start and end dates???
*I am afraid that system will reward me points for the diploma and degree; whereas diploma was used to receive advance standing in the university.

Q2: Under Work History
a) => Occupation : When you did first became qualified to practice in this occupation?
Not clear of what date should I enter as my occupation does not fall under regulated job category! Should I use the date I graduate or when first I got the job in the NOC?

b) => Intended work in Canada: Four digit NOC code of current work permit!!!!
Since I am on Post Graduate Work Permit, there is no NOC code on my current work permit. Also, there is no option for N/A or to leave it blank. What should I do? Some people advised me to just put my current job NOC; however, nothing is noted on my Work Permit??!

c) => Intended work history:
Instruction says “Do not enter any work related to or performed during an apprenticeship process.” How about summer work experience, since it is not qualified toward work experience nor related to an apprenticeship/co-op, should I leave it out or enter it (summer job) with putting Yes in “Studying full-time while doing this job” field??
Just my opinion - Don't take it all as granted.

1) In your case I would suggest to enter Degree only because same education years count towards your degree.
Starting date will be the starting date of the diploma and in institution name write both schools.

2) I would Enter the date I finished school/second year/date diploma achieved.
Also, I'm pretty positive you should write the NOC of the current work NOC.
I would think the right thing to do is to enter "Studying full-time while doing this job", but keep in mind, you will need reference letters from all previous employers

r1987

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/15
Nomination.....
17/09/15
AOR Received.
06/10/15
Med's Done....
29/06/15
LANDED..........
Inland
Thanks cosgrec

saajan

Dec 3, 2017
Hi

I have just started creating the profile.

I'm struck in the study and languages section.I have already done my ECA and my highest qualification is bachelor degree.

should we enter our 10 and 12th details in study and languages section in Express entry or only the bachelors degree which is accessed by WES?