+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions on soft landing

CanadaVisaForumMember

Star Member
May 24, 2018
By God's grace, I have received CoPR.

My medicals expire on 3rd April 2019. My ticket from home country to Toronto(YYZ) has already been booked for 28th March travel date.

1.) After getting immigration check done, is it possible that I return on the same day from the Toronto airport(YYZ) itself to home country?

2.) In case, yes, is there a certain number of months before which I have to land back in Canada?

I intend to go back in the last week of June 2019.

3.)In case, it is possible to return on the same day, I will carry only a bag with passport, CoPR, bank statement with PoF amount and photos to apply for PR card. Is there anything else also needed to be carried?

I will provide my friend's address for PR card to be delivered and which later my friend will courier to my home country, so that I have PR card when I land in Canada in June 2019.

4.).) Is it ok to provide address for PR card delivery of any province other than the landing province (Ontario)? I will not provide Quebec's address.

My flight from home country will reach Toronto(YYZ) on 28th March at 16:30 (Toronto time).

5.) Is there a certain time up to which immigration officers are present at the airport to do immigration check?

I see (reasonable fare & duration) flight from Toronto(YYZ) to home country on 28th March at 22:55, which will give enough time for immigration check to complete and to report 3 hours before the flight departure to home country.

Please help me with the five queries.

Last edited:
Reactions: fissler

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
1 Yes
2 Technically, you can spend the next 3 years outside Canada before you must return. If you are coming back in June, it's all good
3 Goods to follow list if you intend to import stuff into Canada. If nothing to import, then no
4 Yes as long as the address is not in Quebec
5 Immigration is open as long as there's inbound international flights

Last edited:

CanadaVisaForumMember

Star Member
May 24, 2018
1 Yes
2 Technically, you can spend the next 3 years outside Canada before you must return. If you are coming back in June, it's all good
3 Goods to follow list if you intend to import stuff into Canada. If nothing to import, then no
Thanks a lot for the answers to all the five queries and the spontaneity :)

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
By God's grace, I have received CoPR.

My medicals expire on 3rd April 2019. My ticket from home country to Toronto(YYZ) has already been booked for 28th March travel date.

1.) After getting immigration check done, is it possible that I return on the same day from the Toronto airport(YYZ) itself to home country?

2.) In case, yes, is there a certain number of months before which I have to land back in Canada?

I intend to go back in the last week of June 2019.

3.)In case, it is possible to return on the same day, I will carry only a bag with passport, CoPR, bank statement with PoF amount and photos to apply for PR card. Is there anything else also needed to be carried?

I will provide my friend's address for PR card to be delivered and which later my friend will courier to my home country, so that I have PR card when I land in Canada in June 2019.

4.).) Is it ok to provide address for PR card delivery of any province other than the landing province (Ontario)? I will not provide Quebec's address.

My flight from home country will reach Toronto(YYZ) on 28th March at 16:30 (Toronto time).

5.) Is there a certain time up to which immigration officers are present at the airport to do immigration check?

I see (reasonable fare & duration) flight from Toronto(YYZ) to home country on 28th March at 22:55, which will give enough time for immigration check to complete and to report 3 hours before the flight departure to home country.

Please help me with the five queries.
Just research more about couriering PR card. How safe it is, do courier service deliver id docs. and what if it get lost somewhere

fissler

Mar 16, 2018
1 Yes
If I do a soft landing, I plan to apply for a PR card when I arrive in Canada. Are you able to confirm that I don't have to be present in Canada while the card is processed and sent to an address in Canada? Once received, I can get my friend to post the card to my overseas address through courier?

Thanks

CanadaVisaForumMember

Star Member
May 24, 2018
If I do a soft landing, I plan to apply for a PR card when I arrive in Canada. Are you able to confirm that I don't have to be present in Canada while the card is processed and sent to an address in Canada? Once received, I can get my friend to post the card to my overseas address through courier?

Thanks
A person does not have to be present in Canada while PR card is processed and sent to an address in Canada.

I met someone recently, who is PA for her application, did soft landing, stayed for around a week in Canada and then came to her home country.
Her PR card came and had been received by her husband (dependent applicant) in Canada.